Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 25, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #1,516 of 62,419
Thanks for all the info here... I went ahead and grabbed a set of jabra actives (refurb) on ebay with the 10% off. Seemed like I might as well see how I like 'em.
Absolutely a no brainier at that price. Having used them for a few days, I have grown to appreciate the more balanced sound of these to the Sony and Bose. These are very good TW headphones. Hard to find much fault particularly at 112 bucks.

Oct 26, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #1,517 of 62,419
Eeeh... wonder if they won’t support firmware updates over the internet at all?! That would be crazy...

I contacted RHA and asked about their strategy for software/firmware updates of the TrueConnect. Here's the reply:

I can confirm at the moment any software updates will be done via our UK office. However, we do offer a 30 day return period, so if you were to purchase any of our products from an authorised retailer and they were not suitable in any way, you could of course return them anytime within the 30 day return period.

Disappointing, to say the least.

Oct 26, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #1,518 of 62,419
I contacted RHA and asked about their strategy for software/firmware updates of the TrueConnect. Here's the reply:

I can confirm at the moment any software updates will be done via our UK office. However, we do offer a 30 day return period, so if you were to purchase any of our products from an authorised retailer and they were not suitable in any way, you could of course return them anytime within the 30 day return period.

Disappointing, to say the least.

Returning them means paying for shipping. I'm willing to let them take a shot at updating the "software" (grrr.... pretty sure it's firmware) and ship them back to me with them paying for shipping both ways.

Oct 26, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #1,519 of 62,419
Eeeh... wonder if they won’t support firmware updates over the internet at all?! That would be crazy...

I've DM RHA on Twitter regarding the future proofing of the True Connect as there is no app to flash any future firmware etc...
The earbuds are NOT flashable, ie early version won't benefit from the "lesson" learnt and bug correction as this will be integrated in future production model...
I cannot simply spend £150 and expect to have to upgrade in a few months (beyond the 30 days return period) for a new pair which has corrected firmware, whatever the now or future problem may be (if any)!!!

Below is what they replied:

"Thanks for getting in touch and for your interest in the TrueConnect.

If you’re concerned about the earbuds, by all means, wait a few weeks to get a fuller picture of customer and press feedback. While we don’t offer over-the-air updates with the TrueConnect (it is not a flash-based chip), any improvements and updates we find now and in the future to improve the product even further would be made at a production level. Every RHA product comes with a three-year warranty, and we run a 30-day returns policy through the website; so if you get it and it doesn’t meet your expectations, you can send it back.

Regarding future products; we can’t really comment on next year’s products right now but, as always, stay tuned!

Kind regards,

RHA"

Oct 26, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #1,521 of 62,419
I've DM RHA on Twitter regarding the future proofing of the True Connect as there is no app to flash any future firmware etc...
The earbuds are NOT flashable, ie early version won't benefit from the "lesson" learnt and bug correction as this will be integrated in future production model...
I cannot simply spend £150 and expect to have to upgrade in a few months (beyond the 30 days return period) for a new pair which has corrected firmware, whatever the now or future problem may be (if any)!!!
Thanks for this. I’m returning mine for sure now.

Oct 26, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #1,522 of 62,419
just curious what so good about the TrueConnect that you guys are willing to overlook the avg SQ, terrible tap volume control, disconnections and servicing firmware disadvantages?

Nothing, anymore. Non-upgradable firmware was the last straw for me. I bought the B&O H9i today. Decided to wait with true wireless in-ears for a while longer. Good luck to the rest of you.

Oct 26, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #1,523 of 62,419
Pretty clear RHA wasn't targeting HeadFiers with this product which is disappointing but they seem to have openly admitted it. The price point is probably a giveway considering the price of the higher end TW sets like Beoplay, Senns and the Audio Technicas. These are air pod competitors. Strange decision for a company like RHA but these were clearly designed to hit a low price point at the sacrifice of SQ and other features. I'm passing for now and waiting on the Senns.

Oct 26, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #1,525 of 62,419
For all arounders, all models by Jabra are hard to beat and they are well priced.
Rock solid connection and more than decent sq.
I rather have a solid product that works great and sounds good than being a pilot tester or paying premium for a product that failed to deliver.

Oct 26, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #1,526 of 62,419
Anyone seen or tried the AudioTechnicas? They seem huge and goofy looking even by TW standards. But I am curious about the sound.
Not available yet. The more expensive ones are due soon. The sports version has no release date. Not going to rant about manufacturers who announce stuff and then can't get them released until months later.

Oct 27, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #1,527 of 62,419
Decided to take the 65t Actives for a spin again and wow there's still the left-side hiss and the weird "tinfoil" sound on that side. I refuse to believe that I'm the only one who hears this when it's happened with 2 pair of regular 65t and 2 pair of Actives.

Oct 27, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #1,528 of 62,419
Decided to take the 65t Actives for a spin again and wow there's still the left-side hiss and the weird "tinfoil" sound on that side. I refuse to believe that I'm the only one who hears this when it's happened with 2 pair of regular 65t and 2 pair of Actives.
No left side hiss in mine. I did return the mw07 for that exact reason.

Oct 27, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #1,530 of 62,419
the 65t sound balance is tilted slightly to the left side...i thought it was because of the fit, but apparently it is a common problem on the 65t. has anyone has a solution for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back