god i hate battlefield 3
Mar 21, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #181 of 345
Now before you knock it... hear me out... BF and COD had a baby.

Imagine for some reason the guys at BF got their hands on the net code and 60 smooth frames per second animations (capability) from the (boring) COD series.  I can't imagine how much fun BF3 would be with perfect hit detection and crystal clear 60fps visuals... id play the hell out of it!  

Mar 21, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #182 of 345

Quote:
Now before you knock it... hear me out... BF and COD had a baby.

Imagine for some reason the guys at BF got their hands on the net code and 60 smooth frames per second animations (capability) from the (boring) COD series.  I can't imagine how much fun BF3 would be with perfect hit detection and crystal clear 60fps visuals... id play the hell out of it!  

just no.

That mix is: Medal of honour.

BF should always remain big maps + vehicles
Cod should always be the 13yr olds noob-tubing, and running and gunning

Mar 21, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #184 of 345

Quote:
just no.

That mix is: Medal of honour.

BF should always remain big maps + vehicles
Cod should always be the 13yr olds noob-tubing, and running and gunning

No, no, no... you got me all wrong!  Keep BF the same.. maps, weapons, etc... just use much improved net code,  better hit detection and smoother 60fps crisp animations... less gemoetry hang-ups etc.  Think: Improving BF3.  I'm not a COD fan, but you have it admit it has stellar hit detection and uber crisp animations.

Mar 21, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #185 of 345

Quote:
but on dirt2 you race other cars and are not going around the track by yourself like on other rally games which put me off them..

ah cool :D

Quote:
No, no, no... you got me all wrong!  Keep BF the same.. maps, weapons, etc... just use much improved net code,  better hit detection and smoother 60fps crisp animations... less gemoetry hang-ups etc.  Think: Improving BF3.  I'm not a COD fan, but you have it admit it has stellar hit detection and uber crisp animations.

I see :)
Well yeah - take some good point of each, mix them together, wouldn't be bad.

I just think this type of things will happen in next gen consoles.

Mar 21, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #187 of 345

Quote:
I hope so!  BF3 is like sooooo close to being an amazing game... it's the mechanics that take away from it.  I still love the hell out of it though :wink:

i think that battlefield3 is coming out on the wii u? the specs of the machine sound quite good with a quad core ibm processor but we will have to wait and see..the fact that you have a controller with a screen to play battlefield3 with a headset on in bed sounds quite good but will it have 64 players i think it should have but time will tell!

Mar 21, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #188 of 345

Quote:
i think that battlefield3 is coming out on the wii u? the specs of the machine sound quite good with a quad core ibm processor but we will have to wait and see..the fact that you have a controller with a screen to play battlefield3 with a headset on in bed sounds quite good but will it have 64 players i think it should have but time will tell!

if it has 64 player support it will be a slap in the face to xbox and ps3

Mar 21, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #190 of 345

Quote:

First person shooters with controllers? lol.

Quote:
then sony and microsoft will bring something even better out..all in all it will be better for gaming..consoles will need 64 players for me to go back to them for online gaming..

Yes, they might remove multichannel support and make everyone play in mono. Better yet, they might set 15fps as standard for "high definition gaming", as the current 30fps is for crazy people who claim they can see that fast /sarcasm

In any case, binaural is a long lost dream anyhow.

Mar 21, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #191 of 345
I'm not sure how racing games got into a BF3 thread but you guys are tempting me to dust off the G27 for a Grid/Dirt2/F1 marathon.

Mar 21, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #192 of 345

Quote:
I'm not sure how racing games got into a BF3 thread but you guys are tempting me to dust off the G27 for a Grid/Dirt2/F1 marathon.

Wow, that sure is dusty :) How did that happen?

Mar 21, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #193 of 345
Wow, that sure is dusty :) How did that happen?

By playing Codemasters newest release Dust 2 :wink: The G27 has been waiting for Grid 2 to be released. I skipped Dirt 3 and F1 2011. There have been so many other games to play. I recently finished SR3 and I'm finishing Skyrim now (I think). I still have Batman and Witcher 2 to start. Steamsales are addictive.

Mar 21, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #194 of 345

Quote:
By playing Codemasters newest release Dust 2
wink.gif
The G27 has been waiting for Grid 2 to be released. I skipped Dirt 3 and F1 2011. There have been so many other games to play. I recently finished SR3 and I'm finishing Skyrim now (I think). I still have Batman and Witcher 2 to start. Steamsales are addictive.

LOL. I bet it rocks
biggrin.gif

I'm quite curious to see how Grid 2 will turn out, after all the first one was loads of fun, even if it wasn't a simulation masterpiece, which some people obcess about. I've also been going over a few nifty indie games, namely Unepic and Vessel, the first being a sweet Metrovania game while the second is a physics adventure game that really puts those dusty brain cells to work.

Mar 21, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #195 of 345

Quote:

BF3 with Wii controllers - I would pay to see that.  Maybe do a throwing motion for your "kunghulla!" (apparently this means grenade in arabic??)

Man I do wish the brought back the radio voice acting from BF2.  BC2 and BF3 just have THE gayest, campest voice acting ever.  The Russian team radio voice just sounds like Count Dracula "Vlah! we are losing!  I want to suck your blood!" What were they thinking?  American radio comms sounds like some camp sleazy white dude "I need somebody to pick me up right now!" KTHX.  BF2 was so much cooler with the foreign language radio comms - and maybe gamers can learn something useful while they play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back