god i hate battlefield 3
Mar 22, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #196 of 345
Battlefield with Wiimote + Nunchuk? Not as good as keyboard + mouse + flight stick, but better than conventional gamepads. (The IR pointer allows for precision approaching that of a computer mouse, and even the Wii U's big tablet controller still has it.)

Still, I see no reason to buy Battlefield 3, even if it is immensely popular. I'm quite content with the likes of Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2 especially, and since this is an audio forum, they probably have better sound anyway. (Definitely better sound positioning than Bad Company 2. I just don't get how DICE can call Frostbite's audio mixer any sort of improvement over hardware DirectSound3D or OpenAL.)

Mar 22, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #197 of 345

Quote:
Battlefield with Wiimote + Nunchuk? Not as good as keyboard + mouse + flight stick, but better than conventional gamepads. (The IR pointer allows for precision approaching that of a computer mouse, and even the Wii U's big tablet controller still has it.)

Still, I see no reason to buy Battlefield 3, even if it is immensely popular. I'm quite content with the likes of Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2 especially, and since this is an audio forum, they probably have better sound anyway. (Definitely better sound positioning than Bad Company 2. I just don't get how DICE can call Frostbite's audio mixer any sort of improvement over hardware DirectSound3D or OpenAL.)

Oh don't tell me that's what they've done!  No wonder the footsteps don't work at all.  So DICE thought, hey DirectSound3D, OpenAL we can improve on that!  And then they give us the useless sound in BF3 and BC2.  What idiots.

Mar 22, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #198 of 345

Quote:
Oh don't tell me that's what they've done!  No wonder the footsteps don't work at all.  So DICE thought, hey DirectSound3D, OpenAL we can improve on that!  And then they give us the useless sound in BF3 and BC2.  What idiots.

Unfortunately, that's exactly what they (and other major PC game developers) have done, and they're continuing to do it because outside of communities like this, most PC gamers don't care about good positional audio. Just look at the people suggesting to put sound card money toward graphics cards instead.

Even Mad Lust Envy, a console-only gamer, noted how poorly the sounds were mixed in the recent Battlefield titles. Can't really tell where sounds are coming from at all.

Mar 22, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #199 of 345

Quote:

Mar 22, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #202 of 345

Quote:

And? It's still a gamepad, therefore significantly worse than mouse and keyboard for first person shooters.

Were you making a point? Because posting images without comments or prior description really don't show anything other than an image.

Mar 22, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #203 of 345
Even Mad Lust Envy, a console-only gamer, noted how poorly the sounds were mixed in the recent Battlefield titles. Can't really tell where sounds are coming from at all.

Maybe they are trying to put everyone on an even playing field lol. Like MW3 being locked at 90 fps. facepalm.jpgs all around

I've cleaned up the G27 and redownloaded Dirt2 Grid and F12010.
Just have to set the wheel configuration and get to racing!

Mar 22, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #204 of 345

Quote:
Maybe they are trying to put everyone on an even playing field lol. Like MW3 being locked at 90 fps. facepalm.jpgs all around
I've cleaned up the G27 and redownloaded Dirt2 Grid and F12010.
Just have to set the wheel configuration and get to racing!

I don't believe it's the same steering wheel! The other one you showed looked lik it had gone in a rally through the desert
biggrin.gif
And that one looks so clean :wink:

Mar 22, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #205 of 345
I photoshopped a clean one onto the desk Just played some F1 2010, man I suck! Gotta get back into racing form.

Mar 22, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #207 of 345

Quote:
I photoshopped a clean one onto the desk Just played some F1 2010, man I suck! Gotta get back into racing form.

Ha, I knew it! :))

You ever played the BMW tech demo, BMW M3 Challenge? Without assists, it gives a rather pleasant driving experience.

Mar 22, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #208 of 345

Quote:
Ha, I knew it! :))

You ever played the BMW tech demo, BMW M3 Challenge? Without assists, it gives a rather pleasant driving experience.

no but my friend had a bmw alpina with a v8 engine and he give me a drive of it and i span it around going around a round a bout..i will stick to my mistubishi evo 6 it's 4 wheel drive and i have never lost control of it..touch wood..

Mar 22, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #209 of 345

Quote:
no but my friend had a bmw alpina with a v8 engine and he give me a drive of it and i span it around going around a round a bout..i will stick to my mistubishi evo 6 it's 4 wheel drive and i have never lost control of it..touch wood..

Seriously, what are you even talking about?

Mar 22, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #210 of 345

Quote:
And? It's still a gamepad, therefore significantly worse than mouse and keyboard for first person shooters.

Were you making a point? Because posting images without comments or prior description really don't show anything other than an image.

What you can't see in those pictures is the IR pointer window at the top of the tablet controller. In theory, this could be used for a floating crosshair instead of a centered crosshair, which enables some of the twitch shots possible with a mouse as long as they're on-screen. Only thing is, the tablet controller would be really unwieldy for that compared to the proven Wiimote + Nunchuk combo, and it's still not AS good as a computer mouse (what is?), just far closer than analog stick aiming with blatant aim assist.

Also, given that they removed the commander role after BF2142, the tablet controller's screen can't be used in that way anymore unless they decide to bring it back, which probably isn't happening. Maybe it can be used to place squad orders on a map or something without having to give up your primary view.

That said, he really does need to at least state his opinion in text along with the pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back