god i hate battlefield 3
Mar 22, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #212 of 345

Quote:
you can't steer and accelerate at the same time in a bmw alpina my friend..p.s i am from england..

Aaah, now I see. My bad.

Hum, I'm going to have to check on another game then. But still, the driving controls are enjoyable enough to be recommended to others, especially with steering wheels.

Mar 22, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #213 of 345
You ever played the BMW tech demo, BMW M3 Challenge? Without assists, it gives a rather pleasant driving experience.

Downoading now. I had an E36 M3 convertible which was my favorite car ever. Didn't have the 500 hp engines of today but throttle steering was excellent.

Mar 23, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #214 of 345
one of the worst things about battlefield 3 is when you are in the chopper with someone and they smash the chopper up just to get you out..they should be kicked for doing this..noobs hiding in the bush is one of the worst servers i have been on for this to happen and admin don't do anything about it..

Mar 31, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #217 of 345
has anyone played battlefield3 after the new patch the choppers are easier to fly but the tanks don't take much to get blown up and you would think that they were made out of paper mache not metal..

Mar 31, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #219 of 345

Quote:
But the new mini-map is leagues better than the previous 4-yr old crayon drawing version.

the map might be a bit better but everything else seems to be a bit of a bodge up all the animations have gone when someone kills you now..even the knife animation has gone..the tanks are easily blown up.. the stinger is a short range weapon now..the chopper doesn't break up when you bump the floor and handles a bit better and rules the battlefield now ..i never use to last a full game in the chopper with out being shot down but now i do..

Mar 31, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #220 of 345
That's DICE - one step forwards, five steps backwards.

You're right about the stingers. You basically have to wait till the aircraft is close enough that you can use the stinger as a bat to whack it out of the air. It also seems like they raised the Below Radar min altitude considerably. So once again stingers are useless, just in an entirely new manner.

Ah well. BF3 will have a short lifespan compared to the previous versions ... so glad they aimed at mass market appeal and the COD crowd.

Apr 1, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #222 of 345
Man they jsut overdo EVERYTHING.  IMO tank kill should take 3 rockets eg. enough that dopey tank drivers cant rule the battlefield.  The chopper balancing does bother me, instead of messing with the lock distances they should just nerf the damage a bit.  Very irritating.

Infantry combat is now much worse because they have boosted suppression.  basically if you get shot at don't bother firing back as you WILL miss no matter how well you aim.  Completely useless, even if you use the anti-suppression.  Positional audio is still useless, only things you can hear are very vague gunfire direction and enemy speech.  You still can't hear footsteps and the actual positioning is still pretty crap.

All this just makes imbalanced games more imbalanced, and punishes players who have good aim - now it is more important who shoots first, or who gets the flank.  I personally hate flank gaming as it is a weak way to play, but now you are forced into it as you just cant shoot back.  Now if you shoot someone, they just run away and try to flank.

You're right Pudu, this game just needs to be put down, it is a crap infantry shooter yet it insists on trying to be COD.  DICE are utterly stupid.

Apr 1, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #223 of 345

Quote:
has anyone played battlefield3 after the new patch the choppers are easier to fly but the tanks don't take much to get blown up and you would think that they were made out of paper mache not metal..

Yep, might aswell take the tanks out of the game altogether as they are pretty much useless as they are now
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back