god i hate battlefield 3
Feb 8, 2012 at 2:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 345

arteom

1000+ Head-Fier
This game was supposed to be the sequel to Battlefield 2, it is a sham. theres maybe one or two half decent maps out of the... 4, 5? What. The rest are set in closed maps, where the hell are my open maps with vehicles EA?? The game is overloaded with "unlocks" which is bs, battlefield 2 and 2142 were eons ahead of this travesty of a game. This is on the ps3 version, I also got the pc version. EA is getting greedy, I loathe going through some idiotic, long loading, resource taking, online interface to launch a F@$%^*G game. Not to mention, when the game finally loaded my weapon shot to the sky because EA failed to workout some idiotic bug, instead focused on propogating their sales. And they can go to hell with trying to sell a couple of maps that actually might be worth playing for an additional cost, maps that should have shipped with the game. This will be the last time I buy anything from EA, what was one of the best gaming franchises went crashing into the ground.

Feb 9, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #4 of 345
COD 3 FTW? 

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #7 of 345

Quote:
COD 3 FTW? 

GTFO lol
biggrin.gif

Quote:
BF3 was a let down.

I'm a 6 star veteran, and:
-MUCH preferred BC2, for its destruction
-MUCH preferred BF2142 for its teamwork and gameplay
-MUCH preferred BF1943 for Wake Island

Although I still own at BF3 - try beating my score per minute without hacking/glitching or stat padding :)

Never mind score per min - your 7 MVP ribbons is much more impressive IMO.  my stats

My score/min a bit lower as I spend far too long on sniper kit (my excuse anyway) - which is another gripe I have with BF3 - the close range sniper nerf - where are my chest-shot kills?  Now snipers are suck being smelly-hiding-far-away-baddies.  Sniper class in BC2 was so much more useful to the team (C4, chestshot kills).

I don't like BF3 maps either - but I can see where they were going/trying to be different.  There are a few very open maps with way too many vehicles - adjust your server filter for conquest large maps.  Overall I like game flow and balance in BC2 much better.

There are some irritating bugs still - worst one is hitbox alignment during obstacle clearing animation - just try to hit someone clearing a fence - its impossible.  Also that annoying buy where you get stuck for no reason while walking...

I quite liked 2142 but the weapons were a bit hardo-g.

If they fixed the chopper cannon in BC2, maybe made the guided rocket less crap, that game would be much better than BF3, better framerates, better gameplay, better maps.  Only problem I had with BC-2 as you might guess was retards strafing around in chopper with an engineer all game.

Feb 10, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #8 of 345

Quote:
GTFO lol
biggrin.gif

Never mind score per min - your 7 MVP ribbons is much more impressive IMO.  my stats

My score/min a bit lower as I spend far too long on sniper kit (my excuse anyway) - which is another gripe I have with BF3 - the close range sniper nerf - where are my chest-shot kills?  Now snipers are suck being smelly-hiding-far-away-baddies.  Sniper class in BC2 was so much more useful to the team (C4, chestshot kills).

I don't like BF3 maps either - but I can see where they were going/trying to be different.  There are a few very open maps with way too many vehicles - adjust your server filter for conquest large maps.  Overall I like game flow and balance in BC2 much better.

There are some irritating bugs still - worst one is hitbox alignment during obstacle clearing animation - just try to hit someone clearing a fence - its impossible.  Also that annoying buy where you get stuck for no reason while walking...

I quite liked 2142 but the weapons were a bit hardo-g.

If they fixed the chopper cannon in BC2, maybe made the guided rocket less crap, that game would be much better than BF3, better framerates, better gameplay, better maps.  Only problem I had with BC-2 as you might guess was retards strafing around in chopper with an engineer all game.

agreed with those points.

But wait:
7 MVP ribbons?
You dreaming right?

I have 358...

And yes your SPM is good, but getting to 650 is quite hard, trust me :wink:
PS.
For people like you, no offence, who stay on 1 class or 2 in your case, with only a few weapons, I find VERY sad....

Each to their own, but still...common.
My friend, plays like me - equally splitting each class and weapon.

Feb 10, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #9 of 345
I still need to pick up BF 3. My friends play it and that's really the only reason I want it because BF 2 is better. You can't really top it, IMO. Especially if you play it with some sort of texture upgrades.

That being said...I've been playing MW 3. I feel dirty for owning it, but it's fun every now and then.

tl;dr - Nothing will be as good as BF 2.

Feb 10, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #11 of 345
agreed with those points.

But wait:
7 MVP ribbons?

You dreaming right?

I have 358...

And yes your SPM is good, but getting to 650 is quite hard, trust me :wink:

PS.
For people like you, no offence, who stay on 1 class or 2 in your case, with only a few weapons, I find VERY sad....

Each to their own, but still...common.
My friend, plays like me - equally splitting each class and weapon.

Why use weapons,you dont like or that suck imo. I do use eng and support but only when the map or team needs it or when I feel like it. Imo though it is easy to be jack of all trades?

Feb 10, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #12 of 345

Quote:
Why use weapons,you dont like or that suck imo. I do use eng and support but only when the map or team needs it or when I feel like it. Imo though it is easy to be jack of all trades?

Its the fact of trying a little bit of everything, and being involved with all aspects of the game, not just one part, ie one gun/class

I use everything on all maps :)

Feb 11, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #14 of 345
I don't care for multiplayer. I forget and lose interest after 3 days usually. They should fire the guy that made the campaign for BF3 and bring back the guy that made the campaign for BFBC2. This campaign was horrible and teh "destructible" enviroment was as well. 

Feb 11, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #15 of 345
EA needs to get their head back into the game.. they haven't released many games these few years that really piqued my interest 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back