god i hate battlefield 3
Mar 18, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #151 of 345

there are only four good maps on battlefield 3.. kharg island..caspian border ..operation firestorm and the noshahr canals..the others ones are not that good and i only go on them with the server..but to say that badcompany2 is better than battlefield3 is wrong because it's not..and to say that cod is better than battlefield3 is being silly..but it's right saying that ea/dice don't give the players what they want because no one wants close quarters because no one wanted another metro..the only reason people go on metro is for the easy kills with the rpg and that's it..the game is much better on conquest large not rush or deathmatch..this game is so addictive and i can't stop playing it but we need some new out door maps that's all..but it looks like we will have to wait a bit longer for armoured kill because close quarters will only be worth playing for the unlocks like back to karkand!

Mar 18, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #152 of 345

Quote:

there are only four good maps on battlefield 3.. kharg island..caspian border ..operation firestorm and the noshahr canals..the others ones are not that good and i only go on them with the server..but to say that badcompany2 is better than battlefield3 is wrong because it's not..and to say that cod is better than battlefield3 is being silly..but it's right saying that ea/dice don't give the players what they want because no one wants close quarters because no one wanted another metro..the only reason people go on metro is for the easy kills with the rpg and that's it..the game is much better on conquest large not rush or deathmatch..this game is so addictive and i can't stop playing it but we need some new out door maps that's all..but it looks like we will have to wait a bit longer for armoured kill because close quarters will only be worth playing for the unlocks like back to karkand!

LOL you just listed 4 of my least favourite maps.  Don't get me wrong vehicles are great - just in BF3 there is either too many or too few.  

To clarify IMO there should either be 1 vehicle, 2 vehicles or 32 vehicles and nothing in between, and BF3 almost always gets the balance wrong with the map.  BF3 often feels like 32 on 64 - CQ large just doesn't work with 32 players - a lot of Rush maps just don't work with 32 players either for the same reason.  You see the problem is not enough players know how to use engineer, and most of the time there just isn't enough players on the server (should be 64 on large maps).  If your 16 player team is rubbish and you are facing 5 enemy LAV's, a Jet and attach helicopter you are just totally screwed as taking down vehicles requires teamwork.  Just think about it, that is almost 1:2 ratio vehicles to infantry.  In BC2 this was not a problem no matter how horrible your team was as there was 2 tanks max and the maps allowed more chances to engage tanks on foot without being out in the open being raped.  Caspian is the worst as 16 of 32 players are in vehicles leaving 16 players on foot (thats 1:1 ratio!) so you better have a good team and some decent players on your team's jets otherwise you may as well just quit the game.

BC2 got the balance of vehicle to infantry right more times on more maps - there were very few times you felt overwhelmed by enemy vehicles - it was always manageable.  BC2 had better hitreg and framerate also, and the weapon balancing was better, sniping was better.  The ONLY way BF3 is better are the vehicles.

COD is a better deathmatch FPS than BF3, even though it is a rubbish series of games.  BF3 is too buggy and laggy.  Most people will not realise all the bugs in BF3 either (I'm guessing you don't spend enough time on foot to notice them).  To be honest 90% of these bugs are in the infantry gameplay.

But honestly even with a good team i find the large maps terribly boring compared to BC2 as most of the game time is spent just getting from A to B.

Personally I think the B2K maps (except for Wake which is horrid) are pretty good and better than many of the other maps you list, probably because they are just ripped off BF2.  You can actually have some decent team battles on Karkand and Shaquiri.

Mar 18, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #153 of 345
5 lavs? only one anti air a side? the only reason people go on back to karkand is for the weapon unlocks.. i agree that it's a lot harder nowadays because they get you with lazer painters and you can't even see were it's coming from..if you get soflam up and running  enable guided missiles on your tank and the foot soldiers use there javelins and someone gets in the aa and hammers them with the heatseakers then you have got a more of a chance of winning the game on conquest large,. i always play as an engineer..all my platoon have got all the unlocks and know exatly what to do if the other team are getting the upper hand and to say cod is a better online game than battlefield3 says it all my friend!

Mar 18, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #154 of 345
I haven't played this game in over 2weeks - and have no regrets.

Might sell it now.
Been a hardcore BF fan for over 6years - I even have my BF2142 copy still around.

I had the same "feeling" with COD Black Ops - when i sold it I was relieved.
Now I think its about that time for BF3.

I'll wait to see if the map packs are paying or not- if they are = out the door.

Currently Playing racedriver GRID = boy is it good.
Not too serious, not too arcady.
Price I hear you ask?
£8 used.

Absolute bargain.
Brought out the NFS out of me, which i used to play 24/7 as a kid.

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #155 of 345

Quote:
5 lavs? only one anti air a side? the only reason people go on back to karkand is for the weapon unlocks.. i agree that it's a lot harder nowadays because they get you with lazer painters and you can't even see were it's coming from..if you get soflam up and running  enable guided missiles on your tank and the foot soldiers use there javelins and someone gets in the aa and hammers them with the heatseakers then you have got a more of a chance of winning the game on conquest large,. i always play as an engineer..all my platoon have got all the unlocks and know exatly what to do if the other team are getting the upper hand and to say cod is a better online game than battlefield3 says it all my friend!

Read carefully, COD is better deathmatch than BF3 ie team deatmatch is horrid in BF3, and as an infantry vs infantry shooter BF3 fails pretty hard also.  If you haven't noticed the bugs that says a lot.

Yes SOFLAM with JAV's can work if your team is decent, but it is also boring as hell shooting guided rockets most of the time to find the pilot/driver just bails and swims or suicides.  Most of the time what ACTUALLY end up happening (in pubs) is I am running around shooting RPG at a tank damaging it at the same rate as some lame little engineer is repairing it while the rest of the ream runs around dying.  Next patch they will nerf the SOFLAM so guided rockets will be misdirected by flares so you better have a lot of JAV's ready.  Most of the maps (except Shaquiri, KIarkand and a few others) are far too big and open to allow C4 to be used properly either.  I mean if you find vehicle and antivehicle combat 100% of the time good fun that's great but personally I find it pretty dull.  Vehicle vs vehicle is good (except when you are facing two or 3 lametards with blowtorches in a tank), Jet vs Jet is good.  Inf vs many vehicles is just boring or frustrating even if your team/squad is good or not.  I would probably buy armoured fury if it had about 15 vehicles a side as that would be fun also, just not if it is more CQ large style with only 7 or so vehicles a side.

Me, I prefer games with 1-2 vehicles max, decent framerate, good hitreg - oh wait that's BC2!

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #156 of 345
Everytime I or a team mate fired a javelin at a jet the pilot would simply use the flares and I couldn't even get lock on some heilcoppers I think it's some perk which makes them pretty much invinciable unless you have good pilots on your team other wise you mite aswell not bother , the engineers are annoying but if you use the explosives expert perk you get like 8 - 10 rockets which is normally enough to kill the engineers and take out the tank. I agree the game is completly unbalanced unless your playing on a smaller map with more enclosed areas and 1 or no vechiles. The hit reg is completly useless about 10% of my hits get registed 10minutes later cod is isn't perfect but much much better. If you do enjoy some air combat there are much better games avaible Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X , Apache Air Assualt , il 2 sturmovik birds of prey you could probley find these games for a couple of quid in the bargin bin of your local game shop.

Mar 19, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #157 of 345

Quote:
Everytime I or a team mate fired a javelin at a jet the pilot would simply use the flares and I couldn't even get lock on some heilcoppers I think it's some perk which makes them pretty much invinciable unless you have good pilots on your team other wise you mite aswell not bother , the engineers are annoying but if you use the explosives expert perk you get like 8 - 10 rockets which is normally enough to kill the engineers and take out the tank. I agree the game is completly unbalanced unless your playing on a smaller map with more enclosed areas and 1 or no vechiles. The hit reg is completly useless about 10% of my hits get registed 10minutes later cod is isn't perfect but much much better. If you do enjoy some air combat there are much better games avaible Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X , Apache Air Assualt , il 2 sturmovik birds of prey you could probley find these games for a couple of quid in the bargin bin of your local game shop.

you can get the aircraft when you are in the aa..fire your heatseakers and when they flare lock onto them again and fire again and you will hit them..you get your missiles back quicker than they get there flares back again..i use the fastloader in the aa and it works everytime..but don't get me wrong you get some good pilots who use the mountains as cover and get down low or get up high but i still manage to get them.. and you said that cod was much much better than battlefield3 is this because you are not that good at battlefield3?..if your not that good join a platoon and that might help, battlefield 3 comes to life when you play it online,i have got cod but have played it online once!

Mar 19, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #160 of 345
Theres not a aa tank thingey on every map only on 1 if I remember correctly, I gave battlefield 3 a fair try before I got mw3 I was playing mw2 previously it's not whether I'm any good at it it's whether the game is entertaining to play or not every game has a learning curve battlefield 3 with it's poor gameplay, bugs its just annoying I am talking about the online good idea but really poor game maybe in a way the game is not for me I enjoy a good shoot out but in bf3 I spend most the game hiding from tanks ,jets and snipers doing basically nothing other than hiding in a corner it takes most the game to fight your way to the objective then to be taken out by a really cheap shot by someone in a tank or something then i'm back where I started the complete other side of the map normally with some1 mortaring or camping the spawn area. Also the game is very predictable and unbalanced I can tell you which team is going to win in the first few minutes where on cod you can go from badly losing to winning by miles.  On the smaller maps with less or no vechiles it is much better and I have a fair chance against the snipers with my rpg but it's still not a enjoyable game even when I get into a good fire fight my hits don't register and the game can't cope when theres alot going on the frame rate drops and everything is lagged.

Mar 19, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #161 of 345

Quote:
Theres not a aa tank thingey on every map only on 1 if I remember correctly, I gave battlefield 3 a fair try before I got mw3 I was playing mw2 previously it's not whether I'm any good at it it's whether the game is entertaining to play or not every game has a learning curve battlefield 3 with it's poor gameplay, bugs its just annoying I am talking about the online good idea but really poor game maybe in a way the game is not for me I enjoy a good shoot out but in bf3 I spend most the game hiding from tanks ,jets and snipers doing basically nothing other than hiding in a corner it takes most the game to fight your way to the objective then to be taken out by a really cheap shot by someone in a tank or something then i'm back where I started the complete other side of the map normally with some1 mortaring or camping the spawn area. Also the game is very predictable and unbalanced I can tell you which team is going to win in the first few minutes where on cod you can go from badly losing to winning by miles.  On the smaller maps with less or no vechiles it is much better and I have a fair chance against the snipers with my rpg but it's still not a enjoyable game even when I get into a good fire fight my hits don't register and the game can't cope when theres alot going on the frame rate drops and everything is lagged.

anti air i play on the pc with 64 players and there is a aa on most of the maps..on wake island it's at the airbase.. on console i don't think it's on there that much but i have never played it on console only 12 aside what put me off..to get the best out of battlefield3 really you need a gaming pc and then you will not have any slow down..but if you get yourself in a platoon the games much better because people help you out and don't p off in the tank and leave you and when you have got a headset on it's even easier because you can work with other tanks and fight in pairs..

Mar 19, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #162 of 345
Theres stationary aa machine guns but the jets never go near enough to them so you can shot them, i've never come across a aa missle launcher, it may be better on the pc I don't think it's really a console game and it doesn't work well on xbox360

Mar 19, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #163 of 345

Quote:
Theres stationary aa machine guns but the jets never go near enough to them so you can shot them, i've never come across a aa missle launcher, it may be better on the pc I don't think it's really a console game and it doesn't work well on xbox360

i think what makes it on the pc is the 64 players and being able to type as you are playing the game and being in a platoon with teamspeak makes it a more life like experience like when you are all in a huey talking to each other and the pilot says fares please..i think you can get six people at once in the huey..some of the things that people type in to each other are quite funny aswell..
and you make friends with people from all over the world p.s i don't just go on quick start,i go on with my platoons server and admin asks us what map we want next!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back