god i hate battlefield 3
Mar 13, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #137 of 345
And there we go!
The reason I've stopped playing COD....I mean BF - dam it got confused what game is this again?

Bought GRID, the racing game for £8 and so far I'm enjoying that more than the useless 100hrs I've spent on the useless game below.

Mar 13, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #138 of 345
this is COD plus lag plus dodgy hitboxes without hitreg, otherwise known as BF3.

Mar 13, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #140 of 345
Bought BF3 and sold it 2 days later on ebay..
frown.gif

Mar 13, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #141 of 345

Quote:
Bought BF3 and sold it 2 days later on ebay..
frown.gif

Too soon - it has it's good points.  IMO though BC2 was better than BF3 or any recent COD, just nobody plays it anymore thanks to BF3...

Mar 13, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #142 of 345
I play COD MW 1,2,3 and just couldn't get into it

Mar 13, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #143 of 345

Quote:
Too soon - it has it's good points.  IMO though BC2 was better than BF3 or any recent COD, just nobody plays it anymore thanks to BF3...

indeed :/

Quote:

MW are just run and gun games - what BF3 is fast becoming...

Mar 13, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #144 of 345

Quote:

I think the problemis BF3 is actually trying to be COD rather than having the conviction to be better as per BF2142 and BC2 (which IMO are better than any COD since COD4).

If you are really heavily into the snappy COD style gaming BF3 will punish you with hitreg bugs, poor hitboxe alignment etc.  Step out of COD and try sniping in BF3 is total fail BF3 just wont allow you to do what you could in COD, and has a learning curve all it's own, which in part involves working around the hitreg bugs.  If you are diehard COD gamer BF3 will just poop on all your hard-learned skills.  To me that is where BF3 fails - it copies COD but gets it all wrong.  If you are causal gamer you probably wont notice the problems as much, and IMO most ppl who buy games are casual gamers who don't have any clue what hitboxes, warping, framerate etc means anyway, and just want a game they can pick up and play on weekends without too much of a learning curve.  For these ppl BF3 CQB will be fine.  For us, probably not.

Dubbed can I ask you question - sometimes I get this bug where sniper shots doesn't reg if I unscope too fast - I could snapshoot and quickzoom like a champ in COD, and also in BC2, but when I do so in BF3 it almost always fails???  Seems all I can do is hardscope or noscope...

EDIT: Could just be lag or framerate issue but sometimes I swear...

Mar 13, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #145 of 345

Quote:
I think the problemis BF3 is actually trying to be COD rather than having the conviction to be better as per BF2142 and BC2 (which IMO are better than any COD since COD4).

If you are really heavily into the snappy COD style gaming BF3 will punish you with hitreg bugs, poor hitboxe alignment etc.  Step out of COD and try sniping in BF3 is total fail BF3 just wont allow you to do what you could in COD, and has a learning curve all it's own, which in part involves working around the hitreg bugs.  If you are diehard COD gamer BF3 will just poop on all your hard-learned skills.  To me that is where BF3 fails - it copies COD but gets it all wrong.  If you are causal gamer you probably wont notice the problems as much, and IMO most ppl who buy games are casual gamers who don't have any clue what hitboxes, warping, framerate etc means anyway, and just want a game they can pick up and play on weekends without too much of a learning curve.  For these ppl BF3 CQB will be fine.  For us, probably not.

Dubbed can I ask you question - sometimes I get this bug where sniper shots doesn't reg if I unscope too fast - I could snapshoot and quickzoom like a champ in COD, and also in BC2, but when I do so in BF3 it almost always fails???  Seems all I can do is hardscope or noscope...

EDIT: Could just be lag or framerate issue but sometimes I swear...

WELL said - I agree 100% with all you said:
BF becoming COD, instead of improving on their best games.

About the quickscoping - not its not your lag - its BF3 being...well crap.
I used to do that in BC2, a lot in COD, and in BF3 sniping is utterly useless.
Not only is it 2 shots (even upper body), not only is the hitbox so small for the head that its literally 1/2pixel at long range, not only are u useless against any sort of tanks, and now the icing on the cake ur useless at close range too.

Used to snipe 24/7 on bc2 - loved it so much - now its ruined.
Thought it was the BETA at first...then when i got the real game...couldn't stop complaining about it.

Mar 13, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #146 of 345

Quote:
WELL said - I agree 100% with all you said:
BF becoming COD, instead of improving on their best games.

About the quickscoping - not its not your lag - its BF3 being...well crap.
I used to do that in BC2, a lot in COD, and in BF3 sniping is utterly useless.
Not only is it 2 shots (even upper body), not only is the hitbox so small for the head that its literally 1/2pixel at long range, not only are u useless against any sort of tanks, and now the icing on the cake ur useless at close range too.

Used to snipe 24/7 on bc2 - loved it so much - now its ruined.
Thought it was the BETA at first...then when i got the real game...couldn't stop complaining about it.

what i mean is like th guy is right in front, you quickscope 100% correct and nothing happens except blood comes out (no hitmarker or kill) - almost as bad as bf2.  Then you pull colt 44 and do exact same shot and it works for some reason...

This happens to me all the time now - you literanally need to stay scoped in for half a second after the shot or something.  I remember reading something similar in bf2 about staying scoped in until hitmarker comes.

I think I need to make a video to demo this similar to the bf2 hitbox bug videos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back