god i hate battlefield 3
Feb 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #106 of 345
I've stuck with star wars battlefront 2 for nearly 6 yrs and have been happy ever since.  4k hours on that game and counting.  If I were to play anything, it would be Mw2 right now due to most hackers moving into Mw3 or BF3, its much cleaner on the pc now.  

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #107 of 345
I just started playing after 1.5weeks of not playing.

Almost smashed my hand in being frustrated at this rubbish game.

EDIT:
Oh my god...
Just went back to BC2 -> ITS SO FUN!
Blowing up stuff, snipers ACTUALLY being effective, classes with the right thing ie snipers have c4 - granted it doesn't look as nice, doesn't have fancy jets and all...but dayme EA you went one step back in CORE GAMEPLAY....no wonder I hate BF3 so much in comparison tot he others I've played.

Feb 26, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #108 of 345
Quote:
I just started playing after 1.5weeks of not playing.

Almost smashed my hand in being frustrated at this rubbish game.

EDIT:
Oh my god...
Just went back to BC2 -> ITS SO FUN!
Blowing up stuff, snipers ACTUALLY being effective, classes with the right thing ie snipers have c4 - granted it doesn't look as nice, doesn't have fancy jets and all...but dayme EA you went one step back in CORE GAMEPLAY....no wonder I hate BF3 so much in comparison tot he others I've played.

I think it's been 3 weeks now (maybe 4) since I played last. No plans on starting again for awhile.

I do miss BC2, but haven't played it in contrast. May have to try it again some time. DEFINITELY miss the maps.

Feb 26, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #109 of 345

Quote:
I think it's been 3 weeks now (maybe 4) since I played last. No plans on starting again for awhile.

I do miss BC2, but haven't played it in contrast. May have to try it again some time. DEFINITELY miss the maps.

sad thing is:
When I was playing BC2 primarily i was addicted to it - I couldn't wait to get back home and play some bc2 with my cousin by saying "sesh".

Now...for BF3...its frustrating, annoying, problematic.
Sure all the new weapons, vehicles, maps etc are nice - but the gameplay just isn't and really frustrates me.

Feb 26, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #110 of 345

Quote:
I've stuck with star wars battlefront 2 for nearly 6 yrs and have been happy ever since.  4k hours on that game and counting.  If I were to play anything, it would be Mw2 right now due to most hackers moving into Mw3 or BF3, its much cleaner on the pc now.  

mmmm the battlefront games were so much fun

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #111 of 345
Still is, its an unhackable game, you cant cheat in it unless its the server you are in that is hosting modded maps or gameplay.  It is a very satisfying, fun, lively and highly entertaining game to play.  I've never laughed harder while playing a game in my life, the way some people get blown up or killed can be pee worthy.  Nothing makes me laugh more than dropping a proxy mine on the ground and one of the bot AIs or a Gammorean stepping on it accidentally and blowing everyone up in the vicinity.  Doing well or getting a kill streak high enough to get the Hero is absolutely the best, wrecking the entire server with a jedi or sith...immensely unfair at times but man it is so satisfying to force push a barrage of enemies at 10-20 units, watch 20 bodies fly in the air.  Great game online.  It was never that popular, only a few hundred of us still playing.  

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #112 of 345

Quote:
sad thing is:
When I was playing BC2 primarily i was addicted to it - I couldn't wait to get back home and play some bc2 with my cousin by saying "sesh".

Now...for BF3...its frustrating, annoying, problematic.
Sure all the new weapons, vehicles, maps etc are nice - but the gameplay just isn't and really frustrates me.

I think what we need is for one giant control Z to be pressed so that BF3 never existed.  Then we could play BC2 with decent server support and enjoy awesome gaming.

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #113 of 345
Well enemy cousin told me:

"they just needed to bring out newer maps with the same gameplay as BC2, that would have been amazing"

If wish it was BF3 but in a BC2 styled gameplay.

Anyway - they have a HUGE patch update coming for BF3 and "snipers are reasonably close range should kill in 1 shot to the upper chest"
Now sniping can become a little more fun.

Pisses me off when I quick scope (don't flame me) a guy at close range..and see only 60% health his lost -> I'm like, yeah sure a machine gun kills me, and a .50 cal doesn't blow you across the map? Yeah right.

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #114 of 345
Its pretty standard FPS balancing for sniper to kill with chestshot - CS, COD4 (oops I'm out of FPS examples) but yes to me this would seem pretty standard balancing.

To be honest though I'm not sure how long that balance fix will last - Games these days pander to nubs - why on gods earth does BF3 have 5 semi/automatic shotguns?

The problem is that most people don't know how hard it is to pull these shots so they will complain when they get noscoped/quickzoom.  Still will be better while it lasts.

EDIT personally I don't see BF3 lasting very long in pro-gaming due to it's many problems - I don't see people sticking to it like people stuck to CS.

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #115 of 345
Well...while I consider no scope and quick scoping a COD thing.

I find that in BF, especially in BC2, it was so useful.

I had c4 for tanks.
Motion mines to help my team
and a sniper reflex to kill people

I HATE camping, so I always ran to the objective with a 4x or a red dot scope on a sniper rifle lol

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #116 of 345
Me too - I really hate camping with sniper - really not my ideal game style.  I used to run and gun snipe all the time in BC2 and COD4 - nothing is better fun (well maybe really hard rocket kills on aircraft or multikills against campers in buildings with claymores).  

That reminds me - I really haven't given the reflex sights a proper go in BF3.  Then again most of the time I snipe mostly to counter-sniper against idiots who hide off-map and get litrerally 10 kills per round.

Feb 26, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #117 of 345
This is a good example of what I did in BC2:

(My favourite video I made back then - date on youtube doesn't reflect when it was actually made)

And yes my spelling of hustlin was wrong :D

And this for the lol's Notice the voice saying "NICE SHOT!" - ironically it was :p

Feb 26, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #119 of 345
ahh brings back fond memories 
biggrin.gif
 - just cant do this stuff in bf3 - I really need to use RDS or acog more as the scope is just so sloooooow in BF3.

Nice compilations by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back