Gilmore Lite Amp Owners Unite!
Nov 20, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #513 of 739
I’ve been away working and haven’t checked this thread in a couple weeks. All but 1 or 2 of the DPSUs have been sent out, the only ones left are a couple that had customization requests which will be finished this week

Since i know some people have been replacing electrolytic capacitors, just wanted to mention this — do NOT replace the polymer capacitors on the output of the AC/DC modules. Those parts/values were selected for a reason

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Nov 20, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #516 of 739
Mine arrived about 30 minutes ago and I've only listened to one song so far (Nine Inch Nails - "Closer") but the improvements are pretty noticeable already. Bass is much tighter and more impactful. There seems to be more air and better clarity in the highs as well.

Chain: Roon (2014 MBP) -> Bifrost 2 (Unison) XLR -> HeadAmp GS-X mini pre-out -> GLMk2 -> ZMF Verite C (Suede Universe pads)

Obviously the GS-X mini is adding its own flavor to the sound but I was using this same chain with the stock GLMk2 PSU before the switch so it's still relevant. I plan on trying this out without the GS-X mini in the chain as well, but so far I'm impressed. This already great little amp sounds spectacular now. I'm excited to hear how the Atticus and Ether 2 sound as well.

Nov 20, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #517 of 739
Cheers for doing a quick overview, and dispelling any initial worries...
I hope more chime in with impressions and what kit in the chain.

I wanted the Elnas to be perfect for the MK2, i wanted to fit the 25v fine golds now. But i can see if i get back a bit more top end sparkle with a clean PSU.

Let the good times roll for our little piece of audio pleasure.... i needed a little lift..

Nov 20, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #518 of 739
I feel like there is better separation and the stage feels much wider and more 3D as well. Really impressed with this PSU! Great work, Justin!

Nov 20, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #519 of 739
There have been 2 different PSUs. Which one came with your GLmk2 and you compare to?

Nov 21, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #520 of 739
There have been 2 different PSUs. Which one came with your GLmk2 and you compare to?
I'm comparing the stock PSU to the Golden PSU

Nov 21, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #521 of 739
Love seeing these initial impressions!! Is the stock PSU you're comparing it to the original PSU or the newer switching PSU?

Nov 21, 2020 at 1:52 AM Post #522 of 739
Love seeing these initial impressions!! Is the stock PSU you're comparing it to the original PSU or the newer switching PSU?

To clarify my questions:
There has been 2 different stock PSUs for the GLmk2... The original one:
1605941020244.png

Later, it was replaced with this one:
1605941483947.png

So... which do you compare to? Common "belief" on this thread is the former was a little better than the latter of the 2 above.

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #523 of 739
I have the newer stock PSU.

Nov 21, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #524 of 739
Interesting to see what difference people find on thier rigs with what PSU. The latter was for international friendly voltages.... mine spiked at 250v+ so my psu buzzed and was quite warm..

I ended up using a 230v UPS sine out generator to use it. The wife wasnt happy so its been on there since..

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #525 of 739
I will not get a chance to listen until next week, but the new power supply arrived and Headamp has come through again.

I received the amber led I requested along with the matching serial number to my amp. Great looking little unit, going to make a great stack with black modi 3 on top.

Looking forward to the first listen and comparing it to the stock psu and other amps i have lying around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back