Ghentaudio Cables - Impressions & Opinions. (First impressions & pictures in!)
Aug 29, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #61 of 198
Yup, finally. It's been a wait but Ghent were always patience and re-assuring working it out with me. Nice find from you H2O and a great seller in Ghent.

Sep 1, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #62 of 198
c57eac34681f837eb91ede201a916c21.jpg
9c43ad874dd4f4f8cd3b249c19c45179.jpg
So my cable arrived to Finland. Really nice quality and quite hefty ones,i must say. Contact on rca's is good also,can't say anything about the sound yet because haven't had any time to listen.

Sep 7, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #63 of 198
So my cable arrived to Finland. Really nice quality and quite hefty ones,i must say. Contact on rca's is good also,can't say anything about the sound yet because haven't had any time to listen.

Great! Pictures added to the OP. 

Sep 15, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #64 of 198
hi

This is my first post, but I thought I'd share my experience with Ghent Audio with you. I ordered 5 pairs of A01 interconnects to replace all my existing system cable. I ordered on September 5th - the cables arrives on September 12th - just 7 days to ship from China to the UK! They marked the package up as less value than it was so I avoided any extra charges (nice one Ghent Xu!).

The cables themselves appear to be really well made - components are of decent quality and workmanship is first class. I've never been a big-spender when it comes to cable but the value that these cables represent is truly remarkable. 0.5m stereo pairs coming in at £11 delivered! I felt like I was taking a bit of a gamble, but I do not regret this purchase at all.

Sonically, my system sounds great - no huge improvement (apart from my left channel not cutting out all the time! - the reason for the replacements), but certainly no loss in performance from the mixture of NVA sound cords and Whest Audio cable I had previously - I think it was the NVA cables that were causing the original problem; and having had a look at the soldering and 'finishing' of the cables, I can see why - not even close to the quality of the Ghent Audio A01.

I would recommend these cables to anyone, and having found this thread, felt I had to add my experience to it and hopefully help to spread the word about the good things going on at Ghent Audio.

A truly satisfied customer from the UK.

Oct 4, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #65 of 198
Ordered the A02 0.3m RCA cable for my Magni and Modi. He said they'll ship out tomorrow (he sends out his mail in batches I believe).

I asked what the difference between the A01 and A02 is just for clarity. I'm not really planning on spending an extra $5 for a mere 0.3m of wiring.

His USB cable are pretty expensive. I'm probably just going to get this: http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Hi-Speed-Ferrite-U023-006/dp/B003MQ29B2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412470847&sr=8-1&keywords=tripp+lite+usb+cable.

Oct 4, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #66 of 198
Ordered the A02 0.3m RCA cable for my Magni and Modi. He said they'll ship out tomorrow (he sends out his mail in batches I believe).

I asked what the difference between the A01 and A02 is just for clarity. I'm not really planning on spending an extra $5 for a mere 0.3m of wiring.

His USB cable are pretty expensive. I'm probably just going to get this: http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Hi-Speed-Ferrite-U023-006/dp/B003MQ29B2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412470847&sr=8-1&keywords=tripp+lite+usb+cable.

May i know which was one has better clarity? AO1 or AO2. Thanks.

Oct 4, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #67 of 198
I don't have either, but they're both going to be clear. The A01 just has superior sheilding in the way of thicker connectors and some kind of foam in the cable. I'm still waiting for the response. Basically, the longer the cable the more sheilding you want.

Oct 4, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #68 of 198
I don't have either, but they're both going to be clear. The A01 just has superior sheilding in the way of thicker connectors and some kind of foam in the cable. I'm still waiting for the response. Basically, the longer the cable the more sheilding you want.

Sorry faisal2003456, thought your post said that you asked Ghent Audio about the difference btw them so was curious about which has better clarity.

Oct 4, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #69 of 198
He replied. The A01 uses a Japanese made cable (canare) and the A02 uses a Chinese made cable (choseal). It looks the difference is the sheilding. Message him if you have questions. He responds fairly quickly and clearly.

Oct 5, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #70 of 198
He replied. The A01 uses a Japanese made cable (canare) and the A02 uses a Chinese made cable (choseal). It looks the difference is the sheilding. Message him if you have questions. He responds fairly quickly and clearly.

Thanks for the info. Had a cable from him before and yes, he's a good seller with prompt replies. Might need the USB cable though.

Jan 31, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #71 of 198
My RCA cables came today exactly one week from the day I ordered them. I ordered them for my Schiit Magni 2 Uber &  Modi 2 and they seem well built but I am no expert on cables or anything audio. I am not sure if it makes a difference in sound either, I was hoping it might help with my popping sound issues. I am to busy trying to find a solution to these noises to hear a difference. The Schiit equipment sounds great I just need to get rid of the popping and or clicking sounds in the background. I just wanted to let everyone know that Ghent is a great guy to deal with, and the shipping was very fast, I was amazed. 

Jan 31, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #73 of 198
Yes I have been reading about the Schiit Wyrd I was just hoping to find a cheaper solution. I am trying to find an external USB powered hub 2.0 locally so I can try it and see if it solves my USB problems. Neither Best Buy, Walmart, Radio Shack, Office Depot, have any in stock you have to order them. I just might end up with the Wyrd but the cheapskate taht lies within me will look for other solutions first. Returnable solutions with a full refund that is. Thanks for your help though I truly appreciate it.

Mar 8, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #74 of 198
Thanks to this thread, I decided to try out Ghent cables this weekend for my new Schiit stack. Apparently, my timing is also impeccable as between yesterday and today they seem to have added shorter 0.18m (7 inch) versions of the A01 and A02. I don't see them on their eBay store yet, but they are listed on their website. The prices seem to have gone up a tad, but they still come in below any alternatives.

Mar 20, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #75 of 198
I thought I'd post my recent experience with GHENTAUDIO I think others might be interested in here too.

I needed a special Cable for my Pono DAP to connect to my Little Dot MKIII Amps two rca's inputs.

Someone on one of the Pono threads posted a link to this page...
http://www.ghentaudio.com/part/b01.html

If that link wasn't posted on the Pono thread I would never have known this Company existed.

After checking the picture provided to make sure of what I'm ordering I then decided on the length (1.5) and payed with Paypal.

About ONE month later the cable arrived but it was the wrong cable.
It was a regular rca cable

I contacted GHENTAUDIO where It was offered I keep the cable because it is great (with no refund) and buy the one I already ordered again with a discount of $5.00.
He said sending the wrong cable back to China would be too expensive for ME.

I told him I wasn't happy with this as I KNOW I ordered the right cable as the regular cable he sent me IS ON ANOTHER PAGE! (check link)

His reply was that this has never happened to him before so it MUST be my fault and his offer of a $5.00 discount on another cable was generous.

If this is not a warning about buying from GHENTAUDIO it's a warning about buying from any Chinese Company that don't provide the Customer Satisfaction efforts North American Companies tend to provide.

What happened to the customer is always right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back