Ghentaudio Cables - Impressions & Opinions. (First impressions & pictures in!)
Aug 8, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #46 of 198
My Ghentaudio double Rca to 3.5mm interconnect cable arrived 2 days ago. I would like to thank H20Fidelity for recommendation! High quality and very low ohmage. This has the best price/performance ratio in its class on the ebay IMO.

Hi Baycode, may I know how long did you wait for your order to arrive. Still waiting for mine since I place my order on the 19th July.

Aug 9, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #47 of 198
I wouldn't worry about it man, I order stuff from china all the time and haven't had anything lost in transit yet, 2-4 weeks is typical shipping time.  Check out my diy power cable i made with fake oyaide plugs ordered from a china ebayer, the plugs got delivered just today, these shipped fast, I ordered on july 26 but it usually takes longer 

Aug 9, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #48 of 198
Hi Baycode, may I know how long did you wait for your order to arrive. Still waiting for mine since I place my order on the 19th July.

Ordered mine 18th July. Don't worry... You have a tracking number, don't you?

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #49 of 198
Ordered mine 18th July. Don't worry... You have a tracking number, don't you?

Yup. Got a tracking number. But tracking info at tmail ended with departure from China on the 24 July and no info with my local post office since. Anyway, thanks guys for the positive feedbacks and hope it pops up soon.

Aug 16, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #50 of 198
My cable arrived today.
Took quite some time and checking the tracking I saw it went to New Zealand instead of Netherlands.
Both start with Ne, but the two countries couldn't be further apart.
I already contacted Ghent 3 days ago and he had sent a new package, but much to my suprise the NZ package did arrive here.
I'm more then happy to send it back or pay for the other cable as I just connected my Fidelio X1 headphones to it and it sounds most excellent!

It's got an excellent clarity and presence.
It's quite a sturdy cable (I got the D11 Canare L-4E6S Cable) comparing it to the normal/usual cables you buy at the stores around the corner, but still flexible at the same time.
I was afraid it might not connect to the headphones as it's got a fairly big connector (for headphones anyway) but no problem there.
For now I don't use any outside amp/dac, just connected mostly to my old Denon amp or Android (with Wolfson DAC) with Neutron music player.

Here some pics, still package and connected to the X1.

btw: it was delivered at my home and had to sign for it.

Aug 16, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #51 of 198
  My cable arrived today.
Took quite some time and checking the tracking I saw it went to New Zealand instead of Netherlands.
Both start with Ne, but the two countries couldn't be further apart.
I already contacted Ghent 3 days ago and he had sent a new package, but much to my suprise the NZ package did arrive here.
I'm more then happy to send it back or pay for the other cable as I just connected my Fidelio X1 headphones to it and it sounds most excellent!

It's got an excellent clarity and presence.
It's quite a sturdy cable (I got the D11 Canare L-4E6S Cable) comparing it to the normal/usual cables you buy at the stores around the corner, but still flexible at the same time.
I was afraid it might not connect to the headphones as it's got a fairly big connector (for headphones anyway) but no problem there.
For now I don't use any outside amp/dac, just connected mostly to my old Denon amp or Android (with Wolfson DAC) with Neutron music player.

Here some pics, still package and connected to the X1.

btw: it was delivered at my home and had to sign for it.

Hey, that looks awesome MarcelE, well going on the fit to your headphones! Sorry to hear about the mishap shipping too.

Your photos have been added to the first post! (they look great, especially those headphones!)

beerchug.gif

Aug 17, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #53 of 198
I'm still waiting for mine to show up. No information on my local post office tracking system. Hope to see something soon before I sent Ghent a mail. 

Btw, the cable really looks awesome with your headphone.

Aug 18, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #54 of 198
Can someone help me with choosing an RCA cable? 4N-OFC or Canare? I'm going to buy Schiit modi/magni combo. What do you guys think? Are there any noticeable difference in sound between those two?Thanks!

Aug 25, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #56 of 198
  Can someone help me with choosing an RCA cable? 4N-OFC or Canare? I'm going to buy Schiit modi/magni combo. What do you guys think? Are there any noticeable difference in sound between those two?Thanks!

I ordered Canares for my Vali/Modi. Don´t think there´s noticeable difference but that´s just me :)

Aug 25, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #57 of 198
I also don't think there will be much difference between the cables.
If there are any, it will be so small/minimal I doubt it will be noticable.
I could have well gone for the 4N-OFC cable, but choose the Canare and still very happy with it.

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #59 of 198
Received my DO2. Built quality is top notch and inspires confidence. Subtle improvements compared to some cheap cables with less background noise. Sounds cleaner with better definition thru the overall sound spectrum due to lesser noise. Details retrieval is good and fwiw and I don't find myself having to look for some of the finer details in my music like I did with stock cables. IMO, could be due to the lower noise floor and cleaner background which is what I heard with this cable.

Worth a mention is that Ghent Audio is a good company to work with. Good price, well built cables and a very good, prompt responsive seller.

Aug 29, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #60 of 198
Received my DO2. Built quality is top notch and inspires confidence. Subtle improvements compared to some cheap cables with less background noise. Sounds cleaner with better definition thru the overall sound spectrum due to lesser noise. Details retrieval is good and fwiw and I don't find myself having to look for some of the finer details in my music like I did with stock cables. IMO, could be due to the lower noise floor and cleaner background which is what I heard with this cable.

Worth a mention is that Ghent Audio is a good company to work with. Good price, well built cables and a very good, prompt responsive seller.

Finally!

What a ride that was. Glad to hear you're enjoying the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back