Ghentaudio Cables - Impressions & Opinions. (First impressions & pictures in!)
Mar 20, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #76 of 198
Did you take a picture of your cable and invoice together to show proof of what you received and what you paid for, and then send it to him?

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #77 of 198
Did you take a picture of your cable and invoice together to show proof of what you received and what you paid for, and then send it to him?

Unfortunately, after I received the wrong Item I checked the invoice at Paypal and it listed the A01 (regular cable) and not the B01 I put in the basket.
This is why GhentAudio thinks I made the mistake and won't even entertain the thought that the sites checkout might have failed.

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #78 of 198
I got a nice 1/4" female to 1/8" male cable so that I can use my big headphones with my fiio e11k portable amp.. this is replacing a monoprice adapter which won't even stay plugged into the fiio.  Build quality on the ghent audio cable is very high and it actually stays plugged into my amp now.  Makes the monoprice adapter look like hot garbage.  I actually had to send a message to Ghent over ebay messages to ask for the custom female 1/4" side because it wasn't listed as an offering and he responded quickly and sent me a paypal invoice.. shipping took about 2 weeks which is super fast for free shipping for china.. paid $13, well worth it.. I would probably go with ghent audio for any audio cables instead of monoprice now.. quality is definitely worth the small premium

Mar 21, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #79 of 198
  I got a nice 1/4" female to 1/8" male cable so that I can use my big headphones with my fiio e11k portable amp.. this is replacing a monoprice adapter which won't even stay plugged into the fiio.  Build quality on the ghent audio cable is very high and it actually stays plugged into my amp now.  Makes the monoprice adapter look like hot garbage.  I actually had to send a message to Ghent over ebay messages to ask for the custom female 1/4" side because it wasn't listed as an offering and he responded quickly and sent me a paypal invoice.. shipping took about 2 weeks which is super fast for free shipping for china.. paid $13, well worth it.. I would probably go with ghent audio for any audio cables instead of monoprice now.. quality is definitely worth the small premium

Good for you...you're lucky.

Part of my point was if anything goes wrong with an order with these Chinese companies you're screwed as they don't offer the same customer satisfaction as most other companies do.
This is my second bad experience with a Chinese Import

I'll stick to only Importing combs and back-scratchers under $3.00 from them off E-Bay.

Mar 21, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #80 of 198
Unfortunately, after I received the wrong Item I checked the invoice at Paypal and it listed the A01 (regular cable) and not the B01 I put in the basket.
This is why GhentAudio thinks I made the mistake and won't even entertain the thought that the sites checkout might have failed.

I know you made a mistake. You ordered internationally and didn't verify the invoice matched what you thought you were ordering? And then weeks later you expect people to believe you didn't accidentally order the wrong thing?

This is definitely a case of the customer is probably wrong.

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #81 of 198

I know you made a mistake. You ordered internationally and didn't verify the invoice matched what you thought you were ordering? And then weeks later you expect people to believe you didn't accidentally order the wrong thing?

Hi

And here we have most likely the owner of GhentAudio (Hi Ghent Xu)

See... HE KNOWS I made the mistake!
NOTHING ever goes wrong with sites on the Internet.
Customer satisfaction at its best!

The problem with this assumption is that for each product you order on his site you must be on it's dedicated page so it's not easy making a mistake in ordering a different product (see link above for the product I ordered but didn't get)

How would ANYONE put the wrong product in the cart next to a GIANT picture of it?
I have SO many better rca interconnects not in use already.
I needed the specialty cable

Bottom line is I was on the page for the product I needed confirmed it with the GIANT picture, chose the length and clicked on the add to cart NEXT to the GIANT picture and paid with Payal.
My ONLY mistake was not realizing it said A01 and not B01 on the Paypal invoice.

BTW~ it took ONE MONTH too arrive not two weeks.

And finally, Ghent...If one buys here in North America the sellers have something called "Customer Satisfaction"
If we get a product we don't like for ANY reason it most likely can be returned ESPECIALLY if it's unopened like your product still is.

Keep in mind Hedfi'ers THIS is what you can expect if anything goes wrong with your order from GHENTAUDIO!

Mar 21, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #82 of 198
I have good experiences with Ghent Audio.
Ordered a cable to go with my new headphones and it took a little while to get here as
it somehow went through New Zealand.
So I contacted Ghent and he send me a new cable for free and told that if the other cable (which took long) ever
arrives I could keep it as well.
It did arrive some time later.
These things just happens and not just with Ghent.
I would order from them again.

Mar 21, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #83 of 198
  I have good experiences with Ghent Audio.
Ordered a cable to go with my new headphones and it took a little while to get here as
it somehow went through New Zealand.
So I contacted Ghent and he send me a new cable for free and told that if the other cable (which took long) ever
arrives I could keep it as well.
It did arrive some time later.
These things just happens and not just with Ghent.
I would order from them again.

Well I don't know what I did wrong when I first contacted him as i was pleasant but got nothing close to what was offered to you.
I was offered to buy it again!

"These things just happens and not just with Ghent."

Of course they do...but it's how a company deal with people when it happens that makes or breaks them.
Ghent is SO sure it was my mistake it's as though websites NEVER experience glitches.

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #84 of 198
Well I don't know what I did wrong when I first contacted him as i was pleasant but got nothing close to what was offered to you.

That's because your situation is not the same as his.

I do some web development work, and ecommerce systems don't intermittently "glitch" in the fantasy you are creating. The seller would have been able to check and verify that their system is or is not working correctly in a manner of seconds. He's told you that it is fine. Unless you are accusing him of being a liar, get over yourself. People "glitch" all the time. I know I have accidentally purchased the wrong thing on an ecommerce site. He sent you what you were invoiced for. Stop blaming him because you don't bother to check invoices for things that you order. Seems he was quite nice to you offering you a discount considering it's obviously your fault that you received the wrong product. :rolleyes:

Mar 22, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #85 of 198

That's because your situation is not the same as his.

I do some web development work, and ecommerce systems don't intermittently "glitch" in the fantasy you are creating. The seller would have been able to check and verify that their system is or is not working correctly in a manner of seconds. He's told you that it is fine. Unless you are accusing him of being a liar, get over yourself. People "glitch" all the time. I know I have accidentally purchased the wrong thing on an ecommerce site. He sent you what you were invoiced for. Stop blaming him because you don't bother to check invoices for things that you order. Seems he was quite nice to you offering you a discount considering it's obviously your fault that you received the wrong product.
rolleyes.gif

First of...web sights never fail?
https://www.ece.cmu.edu/~mead/CMU-PDL-05-109.pdf

I never said I was positive I didn't make the mistake but given how your site is set up...I highly doubt it.
I AM guilty of not noticing the A01 listed was not the B01 that I wanted on the Paypal site.

My main point in making these posts is warn others that some of these Chinese sellers do not treat their customers like a good North American Company so...BUYER BEWARE if you or they make a mistake!

Read this people and see how a good company treats its customers.

Bottom line GHENTAUDIO sucks!

Mar 23, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #87 of 198
Not defending anything here but just a thought. Ghent Audio Web page have been up and running for a long time now and any glitches should have been filtered out by now. I'm not saying it's not impossible but chances are really slim. Practice some cautious on our part and always check our invoice to make sure everything is in order. Leave notes for seller for added measure.

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #88 of 198
Ordered now three times and always right and good cables. This topic needs popcorn :) Oh yeah, gonna order more right now,this time maybe usb one.

Jun 16, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #90 of 198
Ordered two times from Ghent Audio, custom length interconnects at prices lower than run-of-the-mill cables being sold at big chain stores here. Quality is superb and the connectors, components etc are genuine.

It's safe to say I don't order from Monoprice anymore, neither do I have to worry about cable management now that all my interconnects are terminated at the right length. They also do a lot of custom stuff that is not shown on their site. I ordered a 0.3m HDMI cable for i2s bridge, and they had it done and shipped out in a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back