Ghentaudio Cables - Impressions & Opinions. (First impressions & pictures in!)
Jul 21, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #16 of 198
Will do. Will put in some amateurish (haha) thoughts when I receive it. From the pics, I can already tell it has a better built compared to my few dollars generic cables. That alone gives me a good feeling with the $10 outlay. Will find out soon if it gives a lift to SQ.

Jul 21, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #17 of 198
Will do. Will put in some amateurish (haha) thoughts when I receive it. From the pics, I can already tell it has a better built compared to my few dollars generic cables. That alone gives me a good feeling with the $10 outlay. Will find out soon if it gives a lift to SQ.

I think you should be pleased.

PS: I've changed the thread title as it seems there's more interest than I originally thought. The thread can now be a place to log your impressions / opinions / thoughts on Ghentaudio cables as it seems a few people went ahead and ordered something. 

Jul 21, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #18 of 198
Ok. Didn't realise that. Anyway, good call making it an impression thread and glad to know more other than myself have ordered something from them. It will be great to have more opinions of them Ghentaudio cables.

Jul 23, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #19 of 198
Just got my Ghentaudio A01 Canare cables. Ordered on July 16th, so that's pretty fast from Shanghai. Here are some pics:

Just as nice looking in person. Seems like excellent build quality. These will be my recommendation from now on instead of Blue Jean Cables :beyersmile:

Jul 26, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #21 of 198
I didn't realize that Ghent Audio had a website: http://www.ghentaudio.com/

Little bit better for looking around than an Ebay store. I didn't compare prices, though.

Jul 26, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #22 of 198
Prices do seem a bit cheaper when ordering direct from the website, based on the cables I looked at. Might be good to add their company website link to the first post :)

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #23 of 198
I think H20 did updated about their website in one of his post. You could have missed that post. Apart from price, some lengths which are available in their eBay store are not listed in their website. Like the D02 I ordered starts at 1 metre on their website while I see a 0.5m being sold on their eBay store.

Jul 27, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #24 of 198
I ordered the D11 Canare 3.5mm 1.5m cable today for my Philips Fidelio X1 headphone.
Can't wait to test them and write down some thoughts over here.

Jul 29, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #25 of 198
I ordered a few cables in the name of de-cluttering. They took 10 days to arrive in Australia. Look good and are well-built.

Below you can see them all packaged, and all plugged in together. The usb is a good snug fit at both ends, and has a small profile at the computer end, so it even fits next to my chunky usb drive!

Jul 29, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #26 of 198
^^ That looks awesome, and about the same shipping time as me (to Australia).

When I have time I'll dress the OP of this thread up a little and add some of all your photos.

I still love my cable and continue eyeing off that USB A/B you have in the photo's above!

Jul 30, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #28 of 198
I'm the wrong person to ask about how it sounds...I can confirm it causes no decrease in sound quality compared to the digital output from a cd player
redface.gif

Jul 30, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #29 of 198
No problem dreamscape. Me myself can't give sound impression all that well too. I think someone else might chime in with some impression as the thread goes along. Thanks again.

Jul 30, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #30 of 198
When I get my cable for my headphone I'll compare it with the stock cable (which has a bit higher resistance then usual).
Hope it doesn't arrive tomorrow as I'll be gone all day (or does the package fits thru the mailbox?).
Pictures look good, very nice cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back