Getting Some Custom IEMs, will do a Site Review
Oct 10, 2011 at 10:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Evilcalyptic

500+ Head-Fier
Within the next cupple weeks ill be shelling out a cupple pretty pennies for 3 sets of customs from custom-iem

I plan on upgrading my Sennheiser IE8 to the x3 driver upgrade (Dynamic Low and BA mid, BA High)

Upgrading and reshelling my shure SE535 CLs to the x8 Driver upgrade (2BA Low, 2 BA Mid, 2BA high, and 2BA super high)

Also I will be getting some UM miracles the six driver flag ship from unique melody.

Since i couldnt find any really high speed reviews on the first two of my planned customs i will right some and i will also comapair all three iems to find which one suit which listener and music type. I have no idea if the sennheiser and shures will still sound anything like there origional siganture.

Look forward to my reviews, 2000 Dollars later.

Oct 10, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #2 of 8
Go for it, I am especially interested in the IE8 reshelling since I am a huge fan of it. 

Oct 10, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #3 of 8
Great idea! Will be looking forward to your reviews and thank your wallet for me. 

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
Where are you getting these done at?

I would guess Unique Melody because they actually know how to do Dynamic+BA hybrids and only a handful of other companies do hybrid designs, but only a few of them offer re-shelling service. Another good guess would be Heir, but they don't really do Dynamic so it would be a surprise if he is getting it done from them.

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

I would guess Unique Melody because they actually know how to do Dynamic+BA hybrids and only a handful of other companies do hybrid designs, but only a few of them offer re-shelling service. Another good guess would be Heir, but they don't really do Dynamic so it would be a surprise if he is getting it done from them.

Well I was on UM's site but they don't say they have a plan for the IE8's so I was curious. 

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
Well I was on UM's site but I they don't say they have a plan for the IE8's so I was curious. 

Well I was on UM's site as well and they didn't have a plan for the Shure SCL3 
wink.gif

I only brought it up because I know that UM is familiar with Dynamics, like the Merlin as an example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back