Getting an amp for sansa clip+ and RE0?
Feb 13, 2010 at 3:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

lazybum

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

Im thinking if i should get an amp for my clip+ and re0 (got the 2move in mind). My major concern is how much of an improvement in SQ ill get since im amping a headphone out? Will i be wasting the capabilities of the 2move?

i.e is amping clip+'s hp out gonna be any good?

Feb 14, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #2 of 12
Yesterday my amp ran out on my Clip+/iBasso T4/RE0 combination. I haven't listened to it without the amp for some time. While the sound was OK, it was definitely better with the amp. The sound was fuller, the bass deeper and a bit more soundstage. It struck me as a situation where you could listen to the RE0 unamped and like it but still be impressed the improvements given by the amp.

While I haven't used the 2Move, I do really like the iBasso portable units with my RE0 and my Ety4s, esp. since I got a LOD for the Fuze.

Feb 14, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #5 of 12
i mean, dont people get the sansa clip for its size? whats the point of connecting it to a big ass amp? haha i was thinking of the same question. i have a cmoy but its so big. maybe a ibasso would be okay. anyone know or have pics of the size difference between the t3 and an altoids can?

Feb 14, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #6 of 12
hmm ok so amping through a hp out is actually fine?
I was always under the impression that amping is only really beneficial when you amp a line out signal, and that amping a hp out only increases the volume

Feb 14, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would never listen to my RE0's without my amp.

I have never.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazybum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm ok so amping through a hp out is actually fine?
I was always under the impression that amping is only really beneficial when you amp a line out signal, and that amping a hp out only increases the volume

My earliest use of portable amp was a PA2V2 amping the HP out from a minidisc player with Shure E4Pro. To my ears it was a sure bet.
biggrin.gif
I heard improvements in every respect. YMMV.

Feb 15, 2010 at 6:31 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by debitsohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i mean, dont people get the sansa clip for its size? whats the point of connecting it to a big ass amp? haha i was thinking of the same question. i have a cmoy but its so big. maybe a ibasso would be okay. anyone know or have pics of the size difference between the t3 and an altoids can?

Excuse the cellphone camera

0215000127.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back