German Maestro U.S. Loan Program
Nov 18, 2009 at 5:53 AM Post #121 of 246
Acix, thanks for the pic, that looks interesting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do the 250 differ from say the 450 Pro and 400S? Which is it closer to?

What genres did you enjoy most with the 250?

I can't recall the differences - I last heard them a couple of years ago.

I'm not good in telling what genres I like, I'll better list some of my favorite musicians: Peter Gabriel, Gaelle, Sting, Aphex Twin, Late Night Alumni, Morten Harket, Hooverphonic, Blank & Jones, Air, Rob Dougan etc.

They all sound wonderful on 250, though I think that for hard rock and hip-hop I'd better go with Grados.

Nov 18, 2009 at 7:49 AM Post #122 of 246
there are times when i wish i lived in the usa - those times culminate now, when i am suffering through a bitterly cold early winter in south korea. whoever heard of minus 4 in the middle of asia? in november? and who ever heard of a great loaner programme like this when i am so far from my mother's land (yeah really, she is american!)

Nov 27, 2009 at 10:52 AM Post #124 of 246
i have often been interested in these phones but i know so little about them
i almost bought a vintage version on ebay that looked mighty retro and cool but i couldnt find any info on them so i passed

Nov 27, 2009 at 11:03 AM Post #125 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by techenvy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have often been interested in these phones but i know so little about them
i almost bought a vintage version on ebay that looked mighty retro and cool but i couldnt find any info on them so i passed

You missed an opportunity for a great headphone. I think most vintage MB Quart's are worth the little money you pay for them on Ebay and elsewhere.
My Phone 90X turned out to be one of the best I heard so far.

Nov 30, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #127 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The QP85, and I would guess the QP85X, are also worth the money, if you can find them.

Yes, I'm very curious about the PMB85 Dual Action. Two 50mm it's sweet....
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 2, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #129 of 246
I am really contemplating buying a pair of headphones from this company but i can't decide if i should or not. I am looking for a headphone that gives great detail with a warm sound but has more bass than a grado since i own a pair of 125s but not the kind of bass that is subwooferish just deep and controlled you know you can feel it. Am i barking up the wrong tree by thinking that i can get that out of a maestro. Or should i look elsewhere and if so can someone point me in the right direction.

Dec 2, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #130 of 246
Should definiatly try some. 435S or if you want something even warmer and with more bass 400S. I preferr the bass of the 435S certainly. More controlled and they are still warm.

Dec 2, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #131 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should definiatly try some. 435S or if you want something even warmer and with more bass 400S. I preferr the bass of the 435S certainly. More controlled and they are still warm.

X1 Are you using the custom pads with the 435? Did you try the oval with the 400?

Dec 2, 2009 at 10:59 AM Post #132 of 246
The 400 I got you couldn´t replace pads with sadly. Earlier model. 435S I am still running stock pads and is a happy camper with that lol. Will try some pad switching again in the future but totally busy with the ED 8 currently... Should look into it it if you want to hear a non agressive Ultrasone
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 4, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #134 of 246
GMP 435 impressions

Received these a couple weeks ago so I have spent some time with them. Initial impressions upon opening the box was surprising how well they were packaged along with 4 sets of ear pads, both plastic and velor. On the head they are tremendously light and do not clamp at all, in fact it doesn't feel like you're wearing headphones but a fedora with ear muffs loosely dangling down at the side.

As they are the first headphones I've received courtesy of German Maestro and Acix I was looking forward to writing a glowing review of my listening experience to show my appreciation... unfortunately they won't be receiving one from me.

In short I was really disappointed in these headphones, the sound was distant and lacked any real detail; like a monotone radio. From the likes of The Smiths, Jack Johnson and Norah Jones the sound is shrill, detail is missing and replaced with a flat neutral tone. What was once an emotional and involving peace of music has been reduced to a lifeless unresolved noise that feels like work to listen too. From acoustic to electric and the likes of Massive Attack, Calvin Harris, Kraftwerk and similar artists... Again the body is missing, no bass to speak of, music that I have come to know and love has been transformed into a flat beat... perhaps similar to that of pulling up at the lights in your car and listening to the music in the car next to you, you can clearly hear it but aren't engaged in the melody.

Well I needn't go on, you get the idea, I dislike them. Perhaps I had my hopes set too high, perhaps I am spoiled with my Ultrasones, which I will add I believe is the end of my head-fi journey; sheer audio bliss, the first time in several years I have been happy and content not to look elsewhere.

I am ready to ship these off! I hope I haven't soiled it for the next in line and again I'd like to express my appreciation for being involved in the Loan Program.

Dec 4, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #135 of 246
To me it sounds like the Cans were not completely warmed up? When I got them they still sounded pretty brand new and not broke in. I listened for a few hours and they opened up. Wished I had them now to try out with my WA3+ that came today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back