German Maestro U.S. Loan Program
Nov 15, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #106 of 246
I received the 435s today!

I had a brief listen; initial impressions are comfort is top-notch, no clamping at all. Impact is very light in comparison to my other headphone, perhaps similar to that of Sony SA3000, very open design. I'm on holiday right now but will post full impressions by the middle of next week.

Nov 15, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #108 of 246
Who is the next on this program? Only ask because Orlando is very close to me!
wink.gif
Thanks.

Nov 15, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #109 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who is the next on this program? Only ask because Orlando is very close to me!
wink.gif
Thanks.

KBI it's next on the list, you can check the status of the list on the first page...Graphicism, some new revelations?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 16, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #112 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi! Does anyone know if GMP 435 (or any other model) has a detachable cable? Possibly even some standard type connector like on some Senns? Thanks!

My GMP250 doesn't have a detachable cable, though Headfi-er QQQ has recabled them with HD650 cable.

Nov 17, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #113 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My GMP250 doesn't have a detachable cable, though Headfi-er QQQ has recabled them with HD650 cable.

Thanks a lot, Tiemen! I have MB Quarts 250 and consider to go balanced in the future. If GMP had a detachable cable, I'd consider buying one, but now I'll stay with my beloved MB Quarts
smile_phones.gif

Nov 17, 2009 at 8:00 AM Post #114 of 246
Quote:

Thanks a lot, Tiemen! I have MB Quarts 250 and consider to go balanced in the future. If GMP had a detachable cable, I'd consider buying one, but now I'll stay with my beloved MB Quarts
smile_phones.gif

It's a great idea to go balance on the 250. As well you can balanced the 435
smile_phones.gif

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:09 AM Post #115 of 246
Hey Jorg, I just read this thread of yours. Whoah, so many great headphones you listened to, and ended up liking QP250 the most (which are the same as the GMP250).
I know what you mean, they have some appealing quality. Not in a technical sence, but in the way they present the music to you.
By the way, mine are only recabled because I wanted to get rid of the coiled cable.

Nov 17, 2009 at 12:29 PM Post #116 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Jorg, I just read this thread of yours. Whoah, so many great headphones you listened to, and ended up liking QP250 the most (which are the same as the GMP250).
I know what you mean, they have some appealing quality. Not in a technical sence, but in the way they present the music to you.
By the way, mine are only recabled because I wanted to get rid of the coiled cable.

Yes, it's all about their musicality to me. I've gone through this long and expensive path because of a chronic disease called upgraditis that every second person here has
biggrin.gif
As I said, it's chronic, so I bought 5 pairs of QP250 when I heard that MB Quart are not producing them any more (I didn't know that it'll be rebranded). Now the whole family enjoys these
wink.gif

I'm glad that so many Head-Fi'ers enjoy these nice headphones too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a great idea to go balance on the 250. As well you can balanced the 435
smile_phones.gif

I wasn't impressed with other MB Quart models (400 and 450) when I auditioned them. Probably will give them (and 435 too) another shot when I'm ready to go balanced.
smile_phones.gif

Nov 17, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #117 of 246
how do the 250 differ from say the 450 Pro and 400S? Which is it closer to?

What genres did you enjoy most with the 250?

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #118 of 246
Quote:

I wasn't impressed with other MB Quart models (400 and 450) when I auditioned them. Probably will give them (and 435 too) another shot when I'm ready to go balanced.
smile_phones.gif

The 435 have a different driver @ 35 Ohm. also you can mod them by changing the pads.
I like them to sound like my QP 250. With the oval new pads they sound close to the 250. The mids and the highs are more balanced but they still keep the sweet bass.

Here is some of the pads options,

3974135514_566e7eee51_o.jpg

Nov 17, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #119 of 246
Acix, are those pads all designed for the MB Quarts, or are some of them from different manufacturers? Would you mind identifying which is which?

Nov 17, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #120 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Acix, are those pads all designed for the MB Quarts, or are some of them from different manufacturers? Would you mind identifying which is which?

Yes, they are designed for the MB Quarts/GMP. But they will fit others hps as well, like the K-240, and maybe some of the Beyers. The diameter it's 5 inch / 10 cm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back