German Maestro U.S. Loan Program
Sep 7, 2009 at 10:05 AM Post #61 of 246
Is the 400 or 435 s considered their TOTL Open dynamic phone?

It looks as if the 435 s is capable of being driven by a portable player, but IMO that should not discredit it from being good sounding.

I am going to assume that since you claim the velour pads reduce the bass and since the 400 come with those pads, that MB Quart is going for a more neutral sound with that can.

Am I at 1K posts yet?
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 7, 2009 at 11:17 AM Post #62 of 246
400 is the bass monsters in the group. It´s the one supposed to be most "musical" I suppose where the 450 Pro is supposed to be more serious and neutral.

450 Pro has much clearer mid range and considerably more detailed. 400s is not bad they are still better then the Hd 650 but they somehow have some of that headphones pit falls. But it´s essentially an open headphone as well since it has no isolation so you can as well put it in the TOTL open dynamic group. 8.35D Monitors with the new pads have nice soundstaging as well but a bit cold.

I also don´t see how making headphones that are hard to drive would have a higher roof either. They reward you more for buying amps but otherwise I preferr my German Maestros unamped versus every other headphone I have owned to date. Sometimes even my beloved Pro 900
smily_headphones1.gif

I am going for the 435S myself. Have similar frequency response as the 450 Pro it seems but even smoother response curve. Since the 450 Pro don´t have any isolation I can as well go fully open
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 7, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #63 of 246
I find the 8.35 with the newer pads to be in the 702 area code, just with more punchy bass. I can take a guess that 435S can really compare to the 702/1 in term of details, transparency, and sound stage.
biggrin.gif

Sep 19, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #66 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes sign me up please!

- I'm interested in the 435 ... if that's not possible then the 400.
(What happens if we decide we like them, can they be purchased, costs?)

Graphicism, good to have you aboard.
smile_phones.gif

Sep 19, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #67 of 246
I hope these become a major success.. & Maestro owes you many Kudo's for supporting their headphone that you truly love, without any compensation, or under the table BS. You should be a distributor, or in some way make a deal to sell them on your web site.

Sep 19, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #68 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope these become a major success.. & Maestro owes you many Kudo's for supporting their headphone that you truly love, without any compensation, or under the table BS. You should be a distributor, or in some way make a deal to sell them on your web site.

The German Maestro is my underdog bet. Soon they're going to get success and I'll be super happy for them and I'll know that I played my role in their success story. The program will be starting in 2 weeks, so you and the other members will be able to see what I'm so happy about.

I was thinking about asking them to be a distributor, but it's like any other job, you need to take it seriously and to put a lot of passion and energy into it. I already have my job; next week I'm releasing my album, so I won't have the time to take distribution of the headphones as seriously as I would want to. I'm choosing to focus on my music career, so meanwhile, the loan program is what I have to offer, which I think will be great!

Sep 19, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #69 of 246
Releasing an Album Acix? Congratulations and good luck! I will buy one to support a Head-fier. Who do I paypal?

Sep 19, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #70 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Releasing an Album Acix? Congratulations and good luck! I will buy one to support a Head-fier. Who do I paypal?

Cool BIG POPPA, next week it will be available. I'll send you a link to the website when it's updated and I'll set aside a CD for you. Thanks for support, it really means a lot to me.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back