Geek Wold Discussion
Jul 25, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #76 of 1,620
Jul 25, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #77 of 1,620
For people wanting to try pure silver + copper, I'll leave this here as very nice and cheap alternative :

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mM2V3BZ

You can ask for costumizations you want to (number of cores, plugs, etc)

Actually put an order in for this cable yesterday. Hopefully it looks nice and pairs well with the GK10.

As for sub-bass rumble, the titanium DD definitely goes deep and has a thick, dense body to it. I was listening to Aphex Twins Collapse EP and the bass reaches way, way, way down.

Jul 25, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #78 of 1,620
Out of interest, what are peoples chosen sources for the GK10 when it arrives? Have you guys figured out your output impedance? Power output etc?

As I've said previously it can run on a Samsung Note 9 and is enjoyable, but I really think it needs more juice to shine. My concern is not everyone will be able to achieve the low output impedance, high power output to make this set sound its best. I guess, only time will tell and at the end of the day they are only $45, so it's not the end of the Wold if it doesn't work out (I'm probably wrongly assuming everyone can afford to lose $45).

On another note, I've just started day 3 of listening with the GK10. I've woken up yesterday and today, wondering if the sound will just fall flat and that special appeal be lost...

Nope. It's still there. Huge range from very low to very high, great speed and control but not without emotion, all on a stage with a respectable size. This is the real deal guys. Just make sure you search for that appropriate source pairing.

Jul 25, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #79 of 1,620
Out of interest, what are peoples chosen sources for the GK10 when it arrives? Have you guys figured out your output impedance? Power output etc?

As I've said previously it can run on a Samsung Note 9 and is enjoyable, but I really think it needs more juice to shine. My concern is not everyone will be able to achieve the low output impedance, high power output to make this set sound its best. I guess, only time will tell and at the end of the day they are only $45, so it's not the end of the Wold if it doesn't work out (I'm probably wrongly assuming everyone can afford to lose $45).

On another note, I've just started day 3 of listening with the GK10. I've woken up yesterday and today, wondering if the sound will just fall flat and that special appeal be lost...

Nope. It's still there. Huge range from very low to very high, great speed and control but not without emotion, all on a stage with a respectable size. This is the real deal guys. Just make sure you search for that appropriate source pairing.

Interested in this too. Not sure if my sources are adequate but time will tell :)

Jul 25, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #81 of 1,620

I'll try first with VE Odyssey HD and BTR5. I have a Walnut F2 as well but it will be too much of an overkill for GK10. I think Odyssey HD too might be an overkill as I am able to get 100 step volume on Neutron with them. Hope all goes well, else I'll buy a cheapo Sonata HD or something like that

Jul 25, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #82 of 1,620
And what about the treble peaks ?

I don't really know, I'm not a walking coupler. I don't think I'm treble sensitive and it's not too sharp or edgy to enjoy.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #83 of 1,620
How well does the GK10 pair with the PAC480 cable?
Due to how light the GK10 shells are PAC480 I think weighs more than the earphones. But otherwise the interesting added effect of the PAC480 is that it adds a fuller sound with an increase of note weight. Adds perceptions of a bigger sense of stage, bass impact and thicker mids presence and smooths the treble end a touch. A bit more analogue sounding. I like it. I do prefer to have more silver in the mix. Not a bad pairing especially if your source is more neutral.

And what about the treble peaks ?

Treble is non fatiguing. Not gonna poke your ear with undue treble presence I wouldn't put too much stock on that graph.

Jul 25, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #84 of 1,620
Bad guy dont like the gk10, maybe because it's not a Linsoul product :)
Screenshot_20210725-125634-picsay.png

Jul 25, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #85 of 1,620
Indeed on his graph it looks like it bloats a lot.
Maybe there's also some unit variation takes place (we've already heard about some qc issues).. At least, in this price point you can't be sure in a production quality standards.

Jul 25, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #86 of 1,620
My GK10 is almost here!

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 7.55.16 AM.png

If that happens, I should have a few things to say about it by mid week. After that, I'll pass it off the @Precogvision so that we can get his take on it. I hope to also have the GS Audio SD3 in hand soon.

Jul 25, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #88 of 1,620
That's really gorgeous. Too bad we can't use EQ to fill in that mid range recession on the shell, though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It's cute how the cable cutouts form a similar heart shape.

Jul 25, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #89 of 1,620
My GK10 is almost here!

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 7.55.16 AM.png

If that happens, I should have a few things to say about it by mid week. After that, I'll pass it off the @Precogvision so that we can get his take on it. I hope to also have the GS Audio SD3 in hand soon.

Excited to hear what you both have to say - good or bad!

Quick pic of my brown GK10 that just came in... Wanted folks to see the color variances even in the same set.. Loving the brown color.. Will be back with some impressions shortly....

That looks really old school! I like it.

Jul 25, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #90 of 1,620
Bad guy dont like the gk10, maybe because it's not a Linsoul product :)
Screenshot_20210725-125634-picsay.png
Or maybe he genuinely doesn't like them and maybe has got a defective unit. Can be multiple things

Users who are viewing this thread

Back