Geek Wold Discussion
Jul 24, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #61 of 1,620
So for GK10 owners. Imagine what these in wireless will sound like and you get something like this.
1627164438618.png

I am wondering if these are made by the same team that made the GK10. The drivers used here is a dead giveaway not to mention these are called Geekfly GF8S TWS
7mm Titanium plated dynamic for bass, Singe composite BA for mids to lower treble and dual 14 layer piezoelectric ceramic tweeter for upper trebles.

or I could be completely wrong Geekfly vs Geek Wold

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #62 of 1,620
the piezzo needs power to shine,
I wonder if the little bluetooth amp is enough,

Jul 25, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #65 of 1,620
Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #67 of 1,620
That's good or bad ?
I'm not sure but it doesn't look too bad.

I wonder what the output impedance of his source is. It might be making it warmer than how they should be? I recall seeing a graph for the GK10 in the discovery thread and the bass shelf was lower, at around 6dB above the level at 1kHz.

Jul 25, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #69 of 1,620
Reminds me of the Traillii's tuning from 1kHz and up.

+1, this is the first thought I had, the scoop is very reminiscent and IIRC some of us had issues with it dulling certain important piano harmonics. Having said that, as a total package, including the scoop, its obviously a highly regarded set. Granted there are so many different variables between the two that theres not much similarity apart from that!

I wonder what the output impedance of his source is. It might be making it warmer than how they should be?

My thoughts exactly. This is a potential. Largely because I just dont appreciate that mid encroachment

Ya that graph is off. GK10 dont have a big mid bass hump which that graph would indicate.

@ian91 you hearing a big warm mid bass hump on your set cus I haven't.

Not hearing a warm mid bass hump. Sub-bass focus with OK impact. I did however hear something approaching that on my higher output impedence device, but even then not to what that graph suggests.

Pinna gain, mids and treble look in line with what I hear.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 4:21 AM Post #70 of 1,620
Over in the Discovery Thread some brief comparisons have been made between the GK10 and the MT300, with the former being more favoured. I own and love the MT300 for its airy, sparkly treble it provides while not being too sibilant nor skimping out much on the other frequencies, and now I'm curious after reading that the GK10 has quite good balance across frequencies while still having some great, detailed treble - I think I really like bright-neutral tunings, after my time with the Tin Hifi T2 and the MT300. See, I got my MT300 for around $84 CDN and the GK10 are selling on AE for around $60 CDN, so if the GK10 really can compete with the MT300 in terms of sound overall (in terms of improvements to my ears (I'm especially looking out for less thin mids than the MT300 and maybe a touch more oomph to the bass without the earphones sounding warm)... well, that'll be something for sure haha.

There's also the potential in the GK10's piezo drivers folks have talked about too. I have a HiBy FD1 I run my MT300 through (with balanced output) into my laptop and/or Shanling M0 resulting in the EST drivers pumping out some super engaging, detailed highs with that extra juice, and I hope the GK10 plays nice with the FD1 to offer a similar or better experience. Basically, the GK10's have my attention, seemingly as worthy first 0.78 2-pin IEMs of mine at a price basically a quarter lower than my favourite IEMs in my collection :eyes: so thank you very much to all of you who have been sharing your opinions and brought these earphones to light! Looking forward to more impressions and maybe to sharing my own thoughts about these if I do decide to pull the trigger!

Jul 25, 2021 at 5:05 AM Post #74 of 1,620
DSC08361.JPG
Requested cable synergy. Shown with Penon Mix.
My advice to all who get the GK10, first get them. The stock cable is alright. It isn't as bad as you think they are for a budget thrown in cable but no way are they gonna throw in a higher end cable.

Great thing about the GK10 is they scale to power, cables and your best tips. I got the epro horns on here. A cheap mans epro horn is inverting some stock tips you don't use. If you don't know what that is.

Basically what this little tip mod does is it makes your unused throw in tips usable. When you inverse a tip it opens up the mouth end of the tips to be much wider giving a horn like shape shot directly into your ears the results is amazing. On the GK10 it opens up the sound. This optimizes what the GK10 can do. Since the GK10 has so many drivers it is firing off I do like a wider bored tip on the GK10.

Add a cable like the Mix here and you got yourself a nice high end sounding GK10. I know many of you guys don't buy into cables but I do. Heck I do cable reviews. Mix here is half crystal copper and half pure silver and what this does is give you the best of both cable effects for a nice resolving sound. This cable enhances stage, imaging, detail and you will most definitely notice an uptick in sound quality as a result. Cable is the last frontier for a budget set but. The GK10 is not your ordinary budget set. They actually deserve a much better cable.

Get the GK10 first. Try your other cables and go from there.

How well does the GK10 pair with the PAC480 cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back