Geek Wold Discussion
Jul 24, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #46 of 1,620
Well I had to, didn't I? Ordered from Ali. I like piezo, I have Artiste DC1, SFR dee tee six pro, Elecom CB1000 and BQEYZ Summer in my collection. I have great hopes for these!
Welcome to the party!

Jul 24, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #47 of 1,620
You know what is a crazy thought. If these guys can make a $45 earphone sound this good. I would hate to see what they can do for $100. Lol. I bet that is what's next.
Basis your review, maybe an upgrade in build quality and accessories with minor tweaks in the SQ would be a nice place to start with.

Jul 24, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #48 of 1,620
You know what is a crazy thought. If these guys can make a $45 earphone sound this good. I would love to see what they can do for $100. Lol. I bet that is what's next.
They’ve tackled piezo at a crazy low price point, next maybe they will tackle EST? Keep them dynamics for the lows and mids and it’s getting close to blind buy territory…

Jul 24, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #49 of 1,620
Dual ESTs cost $160
Quad ESTs cost $229 according to ebay.
1627149733913.png

I think eventually cost of these will go down and I bet these will be copied and reverse engineered. Cus that is what happens. Once that gets done then I can see cheaper EST drivers making their way to budget fi stuff. But for now Piezos it is. It is fascinating that they were able to pretty much mimic what EST drivers do. Not exactly the same quality but for the little bucks. Impressive.

Jul 24, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #50 of 1,620
Dual ESTs cost $160
Quad ESTs cost $229 according to ebay.

I think eventually cost of these will go down and I bet these will be copied and reverse engineered. Cus that is what happens. Once that gets done then I can see cheaper EST drivers making their way to budget fi stuff. But for now Piezos it is. It is fascinating that they were able to pretty much mimic what EST drivers do. Not exactly the same quality but for the little bucks. Impressive.
Well that's interesting. Mt300 came to my mind when it comes to the EST drivers. They claim that it has TDK's EST driver.

****-MT300-TDK-EST-Knowles-Dyanmic-EST-BA-DD-hybrydowy-Monitor-muzyczny-Hifi-DJ-Studio-CNC.jpg

Considering that the price was around 80$, how's that possible? I'm checking TDK's website and I don't see any electrostatic driver listed...

https://product.tdk.com/en/products/index.html

Jul 24, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #51 of 1,620
Well that's interesting. Mt300 came to my mind when it comes to the EST drivers. They claim that it has TDK's EST driver.

Considering that the price was around 80$, how's that possible? I'm checking TDK's website and I don't see any electrostatic driver listed...

https://product.tdk.com/en/products/index.html
For all we know it might be a magnetostatic or a electret what Shuoer Tape uses. And, Sf..r is taking a leaf out of Shuoer's marketing book and labeling it as a Electrostatic driver.

They do have a electromagnetic buzzer which looks eerily similar to the one listed in Sf..r's pic. And, seemingly a variation of piezo tweeter.

https://product.tdk.com/en/products/sw_piezo/sw_piezo/em-buzzer/index.html

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #52 of 1,620
Jul 24, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #53 of 1,620
Jul 24, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #54 of 1,620
Agreed it could be a different driver altogether than the Sonion variety. Something they made up that is like the Sonion EST. You don't see Empire Ears or Unique Melody incorporating the TDK EST is my point. Folks in the industry can call whatever they make up by whatever name to drive sales.

Some of the dynamics drivers for example. Liquid carbon fiber titanium mixed with diamond infusion. In the end does it sound good? Manufacturers no longer want to call their drivers whatever it actually is. It is a bio cellulose ect ect. No one wants anything normal now a days. But in reality I bet most of the dynamic drivers are the same things with a bit of a sprinkling of some random material that does nothing and they can claim it is pure goat cheeze dynamic. Truth is no one in their right mind is gonna pop open an earphone they got and do a chemistry breakdown of said driver.

It is somewhat similar to claims of material purity by cable manufacturers. 4N 5N 6N. How the heck do we know how pure it is. You would figure the more expensive the cable the more higher end the material is. But you can put make up on a pig to look like a dog. It is their word and their claims. There is no way to prove any of it is my point.

I suppose if there was a international earphone police that test everything to make sure stuff is true to what manufacturers claim it is but there is no such thing. Lol.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #55 of 1,620
Agreed it could be a different driver altogether than the Sonion variety. Something they made up that is like the Sonion EST. You don't see Empire Ears or Unique Melody incorporating the TDK EST is my point. Folks in the industry can call whatever they make up by whatever name to drive sales.

Some of the dynamics drivers for example. Liquid carbon fiber titanium mixed with diamond infusion. In the end does it sound good? Manufacturers no longer want to call their drivers whatever it actually is. It is a bio cellulose ect ect. No one wants anything normal now a days. But in reality I bet most of the dynamic drivers are the same things with a bit of a sprinkling of some random material that does nothing and they can claim it is pure goat cheeze dynamic. Truth is no one in their right mind is gonna pop open an earphone they got and do a chemistry breakdown of said driver.

It is somewhat similar to claims of material purity by cable manufacturers. 4N 5N 6N. How the heck do we know how pure it is. You would figure the more expensive the cable the more higher end the material is. But you can put make up on a pig to look like a dog. It is their word and their claims. There is no way to prove any of it is my point.
Soon we will have moondust drivers to give spacious soundstage in tandem with unobtanium which makes earphones musical and dynamic! And, they will sell like hotcakes for $3000

Jul 24, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #56 of 1,620
No, you gotta give a listen. And tell us a few impressions at least!
My GK10 came in today! That was fast shipping.. Too busy today to unbox, Trying to temper my expectations but the hype is really building on these..I can wait, I can wait........

Turns out it wasn't even my GK10 but some crappy "free" cell phone from ATT that I didn't even order... I wss so pi__ed!! GK still on the way! Expectations are very high now lol...

Jul 24, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #57 of 1,620
Vibranium… best driver material known to man. Adamantium takes the second spot :sunglasses:

Jul 24, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #58 of 1,620
Soon we will have moondust drivers to give spacious soundstage in tandem with unobtanium which makes earphones musical and dynamic! And, they will sell like hotcakes for $3000

Vibranium… best driver material known to man. Adamantium takes the second spot :sunglasses:

nah, Pizza-nium is the best nium,
and I'm hungry,

53110049.gif

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #59 of 1,620
Jul 24, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #60 of 1,620
Hope it sounds good 😂😂
Hey, we have a heart-shaped iem,
and it sounds really good,
pizza shaped would be tasty~~~

oh, and this macaroni thingy,
surely the iem designer is going wild~~~