Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jan 2, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #4,294 of 13,800
: o
I just got a tracking e-mail regarding the shipment of my LPS4. I haven't heard very many people talk about the LPS4 yet despite some being shipped out.

Hi miceblue. I received mine about 2 weeks ago and I was very surprised at the difference it makes with my Pulse. The unit itself feels substantial especially compared to the Pulse. I'm not a big measurements guy but I can tell you it gives the Pulse's sound more overall weight without accentuating any specific area. And the depth goes beyond lows, mids, or highs but into the silence between tracks also. I know that's not very technical!

Jan 2, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #4,295 of 13,800
I hope that they dont change their return policy at the last minute, according to the policy I have 7 days to return for a refund. 
http://lhlabs.com/return-refund-policy.html

I tried to get a refund on the mono amp I bought by accident thinking it was the stereo version and was told no because campaign expired. So I am waiting to get it and return it, however,  I wont be surprise if they tell me no because it was part of the indiegogo campaign. Either way, I have a feeling there will be a lot of LH gear for sale once stuff start getting delivered. 

Maybe... But hundreds of vanilla pulse had been delivered already and afaik none had popped up yet. :)

Jan 2, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #4,298 of 13,800
Yup I agree too. The Awesomifier feature of the GO didn't really do much for me, one of my non-audiophile friends, nor another local Head-Fier who borrowed my GO 1000.

If the crossfeed was like the Chord Hugo where it has different levels, then maybe that would be worth considering. Personally I found the Hugo to have one of the best crossfeed implementations I've ever head.

I was certainly hoping for an implementation that was on this level.

You would want a top level implementation. Not just something thrown in.

Jan 3, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #4,300 of 13,800
Well looks like my naked resistors perk can't be cancelled so I'll be going with the THD perk as well.  To infinity and beyond! (my poor wallet)

Jan 3, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #4,303 of 13,800

Yes. But when I realised they didn't even know what I had ordered in the campaign, I requested a refund and received it. 

Would be great if someone can share what I need to do to get a refund. Thanks.

While in my case it was possible, I am not sure it would be in everyone's case.  IMO, if someone pledged for something and then was told it couldn't be delivered without paying more money, in that case I believe that it would be reasonable to ask for a refund. IANAL but there is an expectation that you were going to get the product you had pledged for (or something equivalent to it) irregardless of the Indiegogo T&C and I'd go straight to Paypal or my bank as appropriate if I was refused one in that case. The other case, which is connected with a post I made earlier regarding my concerns about the reason for the headphone campaigns, is if they were accepting pledges for the campaign knowing that they were unable to deliver the goods because, for example, they didn't have enough money to manufacture them. Again IANAL but that would surely be illegal.

The usual note goes here that I'm posting this as a member and that this is all theoretical.

Jan 3, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #4,304 of 13,800
Does it replace the PC USB power with LPS power like the LH lab ones as well?

FYI - This is the last day for any Jay's Audio LPS orders through Alvin if anyone is interested in a 3rd party LPS.

(I have no affiliation...I took part in the order)

Jan 3, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #4,305 of 13,800
Those are certainly valid concerns that associated with crowd-funding campaigns in general.

While in my case it was possible, I am not sure it would be in everyone's case.  IMO, if someone pledged for something and then was told it couldn't be delivered without paying more money, in that case I believe that it would be reasonable to ask for a refund. IANAL but there is an expectation that you were going to get the product you had pledged for (or something equivalent to it) irregardless of the Indiegogo T&C and I'd go straight to Paypal or my bank as appropriate if I was refused one in that case. The other case, which is connected with a post I made earlier regarding my concerns about the reason for the headphone campaigns, is if they were accepting pledges for the campaign knowing that they were unable to deliver the goods because, for example, they didn't have enough money to manufacture them. Again IANAL but that would surely be illegal.

The usual note goes here that I'm posting this as a member and that this is all theoretical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back