Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jan 2, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #4,276 of 13,800
Sure, that's why I used linear PSU instead "LHL LPS" in my post. But there are too many things to be judged for a PSU, all the hi-end manufacturers pay lots of attention there.
I remember somewhere in the LH forum Larry posted that the noise of LPS is something like 5uv, I forgot if it is loaded or not, but then again it is long time ago.
I didn't bother paying much for the LPS, because I feel like the DC converter in Pulse will introduce some noise any way.

Jan 2, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #4,277 of 13,800

In any case... it is gone! No awesomefier (crossfeed)  now. (for the pulse nor the GO with current firmware)
There were problems reported with it in any case. In the GO they decided to use the buttons for filter selection.
Not sure why it still could not be still included in the Pulse, unless they simply could not make it work correctly.

I'm not sure either but it didn't seem to be overly popular anyway. I never thought much of as anything but a gimmick. I'd rather see useable gain and filter settings as LH has implemented in the Pulse than what I saw as questionable effects. 

Jan 2, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #4,278 of 13,800

In any case... it is gone! No awesomefier (crossfeed)  now. (for the pulse nor the GO with current firmware)
There were problems reported with it in any case. In the GO they decided to use the buttons for filter selection.
Not sure why it still could not be still included in the Pulse, unless they simply could not make it work correctly.

I'm not sure either but it didn't seem to be overly popular anyway. I never thought much of as anything but a gimmick. I'd rather see useable gain and filter settings as LH has implemented in the Pulse than what I saw as questionable effects. 

I certainly like the filters vs the original "Awesomeifier" concept. I played with it when I first received my GO1000 from the Kickstarter campaign. It was not something I used after a little playing around. One less thing to get in the way of a short signal path.The Pulse certainly did not need it.

Jan 2, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #4,279 of 13,800
  I certainly like the filters vs the original "Awesomeifier" concept. I played with it when I first received my GO1000 from the Kickstarter campaign. It was not something I used after a little playing around. One less thing to get in the way of a short signal path.The Pulse certainly did not need it.

+1. I used it once on my GO 720 and that was enough.

Jan 2, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #4,280 of 13,800

Same here with my GO 1000. I tried it, but did not like the effect...and it seemed to increase noise.
It is not something that I miss at all with the GO! I am sure that this will be the case for  the Pulse as well.
The point for the OP on this topic is, I don't think this was kept a secret.

Jan 2, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #4,281 of 13,800
Yup I agree too. The Awesomifier feature of the GO didn't really do much for me, one of my non-audiophile friends, nor another local Head-Fier who borrowed my GO 1000.

If the crossfeed was like the Chord Hugo where it has different levels, then maybe that would be worth considering. Personally I found the Hugo to have one of the best crossfeed implementations I've ever head.

Jan 2, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #4,283 of 13,800

My review was the Xfi. It was serial #2. The unit was the same one I listened to at RMAF. A lot more fun to use outside of show conditions. I went for the Infinity but the Xfi was terrific as it was.

Thanks for that review--I went ahead to upgrade to an Xfi after reading it.

I am sure you will enjoy it. We should all have them in the next 90 days or so. I know I cannot wait!

Jan 2, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #4,285 of 13,800

Agree

Companies ought to be applauded IMO for simplifying things if the features are not all that good nor well implemented.

Jan 2, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #4,288 of 13,800
For those of us on a payment plan - how are we invoiced - do we constantly check paypal and it shows up there or do we get an e-mail ?? 

I backed the LPS payment plan in 2013. LH sent me an e-mail about it and asked me to send a payment to them via PayPal (since that's what I used on the Indiegogo campaign).

Jan 2, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #4,290 of 13,800
I hope that they dont change their return policy at the last minute, according to the policy I have 7 days to return for a refund. 
http://lhlabs.com/return-refund-policy.html

I tried to get a refund on the mono amp I bought by accident thinking it was the stereo version and was told no because campaign expired. So I am waiting to get it and return it, however,  I wont be surprise if they tell me no because it was part of the indiegogo campaign. Either way, I have a feeling there will be a lot of LH gear for sale once stuff start getting delivered. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back