Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 19, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #3,601 of 13,800

Would Australia be coming from the Hifiman also? would seem silly to ship from Asia to US then back to Australia.

Casey said on the Geek Force forums that the shipments to Australia would come from their warehouse in the US

OOPS, I missed Casey's response here...

Dec 19, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #3,602 of 13,800
Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice here, if I may. I currently own an Audio-gd 15.32, which runs a D5000, an Ultrasone 2900 and an Audeze LCD 2 v2. Would the geek pulse be a sidegrade, or an upgrade? Just wondering if I should get one, or perhaps look into its more expensive brothers.

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #3,605 of 13,800
tonight

<http://lhlabs.com/force/indiegogogeekpulse/2797-geek-pulse-xfi-signature-edition-details>

Dec 20, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #3,607 of 13,800
Quote by Gavin Fish:
Lastly, we've been asked if we could provide one last perk that's not quite an SE, but has some of SE's features. I talked it over with Larry, and the answer is yes, we can do that. We've decided that the most impact we can make on Geek Pulse Xfi without going all the way to SE will be in the already crazy-nuts THD+N performance. So we may do a "THD Performance Enhancement" for Geek Pulse Xfi only. We're thinking the lowest we can charge for that is $168, considering the extra time and different parts we'll need. I'd like to put this to a vote, too, before we commit. So I'll put that as an option in the poll that I mentioned earlier.

Source

It seems like the Pulse Xfi is delayed enough such that they can (possibly) offer this perk.

Dec 20, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #3,608 of 13,800

http://lhlabs.com/force/indiegogogeekpulse/2797-geek-pulse-xfi-signature-edition-details?start=50#45974

I already sent a ticket to support regarding this issue, but maybe you guys can help clear somethings up for me. Looking at Gavin's post, to upgrade the Pulse to Pulse Xfi would be $506. To upgrade the Pulse X to Pulse Xfi would be $218. If I understand his post correctly:

Pulse + "moving on up" Pulse Xfi: $399 + $506 = $905
Pulse X + "moving on up" Pulse Xfi: $777 + $218 = $995
I paid $1399 for my Pulse Xfi.

It seems to me like it is cheaper to upgrade from a Pulse or Pulse X, rather than buying the Pulse Xfi directly, right? I am assuming those who joins the "moving on up" perk are expected to buy the Pulse Xfi SE, but even that is still an incredible price reduction. And I'm sure not everyone who upgrade will be buying a Pulse Xfi SE, but just to get the "THD Performance Enhancement" perk, which is $168.

I don't know, kind of feel like I got screwed. Can anyone explain to me the reasoning behind the prices for the "moving on up" perk?

Dec 20, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #3,610 of 13,800

It seems to me like it is cheaper to upgrade from a Pulse or Pulse X, rather than buying the Pulse Xfi directly, right? I am assuming those who joins the "moving on up" perk are expected to buy the Pulse Xfi SE, but even that is still an incredible price reduction. 

You're going to be spending more with them, so I guess they can afford  that much of a loss/discount on the Pulse Xfi as you are supposed to then fork up another $2,500 more:

If you want to upgrade from Pulse Xfi: $2489

yikes

Dec 20, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #3,611 of 13,800

You're going to be spending more with them, so I guess they can afford  that much of a loss/discount on the Pulse Xfi as you are supposed to then fork up another $2,500 more:

yikes

Why would LH Labs think that those who didn't orginally jump on a few hundred dollars upgrade from nonXfi to Xfi all of a sudden be interested in a several thousands dollar upgrade.  All this does is cause more confusion, mayhem, resentment and those trying to skirt the system to get better deals. Exercise some sensibility guys.

Dec 20, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #3,612 of 13,800
I need to quit sleeping....Every time I go to bed I wake up and there is an addition to the campaign and I am hours behind....
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #3,613 of 13,800
  I need to quit sleeping....Every time I go to bed I wake up and there is an addition to the campaign and I am hours behind....
biggrin.gif

gavin and larry want ALL your money ! don't look them in the eye !!  look away eric, look away before it's too late  ,  
blink.gif

Dec 20, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #3,614 of 13,800

biggrin.gif

gavin and larry want ALL your money ! don't look them in the eye !!  look away eric, look away before it's too late  ,  
blink.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYk56jemsbU

Dec 20, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #3,615 of 13,800

Users who are viewing this thread

Back