Geek Pulse
Geek Pulse fi
Geek Pulse S fi
Geek Pulse X
Geek Pulse X fi

Totally five models.
Larry

Hi Larry,

According to the roadmap, there are only 3 Pulse models. Does that mean that the Pulse fi and Pulse S fi models will only be produced for early IGG backers and will not be produced for retail?

Nov 15, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #2,719 of 13,800
So ive just bought the HE560 + Geek Pulse set. quite a jump for my first high qual headphones + amp.

Being that im in australia can I confirm when the headphones and amp are sent separately the customs reported value will be roughly ~$500 on each delivery and not the total invoiced amount?

The reason I ask is if you send 1x package with the indiegogo reciept i'll get hit with import duties and GST.

Nov 15, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #2,720 of 13,800
  So ive just bought the HE560 + Geek Pulse set. quite a jump for my first high qual headphones + amp.

Being that im in australia can I confirm when the headphones and amp are sent separately the customs reported value will be roughly ~$500 on each delivery and not the total invoiced amount?

The reason I ask is if you send 1x package with the indiegogo reciept i'll get hit with import duties and GST.

A very good question sjp770. I also had the same thought, maybe divide the value in half or deduct from the amount of the bundle ($968) the "value" of the headphones and then when sending the Pulse declare the amount that's left (I hope I am making sense). By the way, I am in the same position as you, my previous gear cannot compare. Having high hopes :)

Nov 15, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #2,721 of 13,800
has anyone received their lps/lps4 yet ? i don't think i've seen anyone mention it here, i guess its off to the lhlabs forums to see !

Nov 15, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #2,722 of 13,800
  Lightspeed 2G connects to Pulse, and then splits: 1 going to the LPS (for providing power) and the other to the PC, providing Data.

With that in mind, a quick question: Does the data side on the Lightspeed 2G connecting to the computer..completely drop off the power line connection then? Will it not be prone to the power line at the computer. In which case, wouldn't it be better to run 2 cables since LH claims they will remove the power from the USB connection.

Don't assume there are 4 wires in each leg.  The leg going to the PC should have only 2 wires, one for Data + and one for Data -, effectively removing the influence of dirty power from the PC.  The leg going to the power source, LPS, should only have +5V and GND.  If you're using the Pulse then after the USB handshake initialization takes place then you should be able to unplug the power leg.  The reason for the split is to effectively isolate any RF or EMI on the power leg from affecting the Data leg.  Understand that the Pulse does not use the USB power leg to power it's USB XMOS chip.  That power comes from the LPS via the 12V (umbilical) input.  Hopefully, that makes sense.

Nov 15, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #2,723 of 13,800

Hi Larry,

According to the roadmap, there are only 3 Pulse models. Does that mean that the Pulse fi and Pulse S fi models will only be produced for early IGG backers and will not be produced for retail?

You are right. Geek Pulse S fi and Geek Pulse fi will be IGG only.

Initial phase of crowd designing will be always a little bit divergent, which is healthy.

Then we comes to normal sales channel, we will consolidate into 3 if not less models.... :wink:

So Geek Pulse S fi and Geek Pulse fi backers are unique! 

Larry

Nov 15, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #2,725 of 13,800

We got quite some thank you letter.... Casey is sorting that out and might publish soon next week.

Larry

larry, are the lps/lps4 both now shipping, or just the lps ?

Nov 15, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #2,726 of 13,800
So I couldn't bare the thought of running such a fine dac off a wall wart so I just upgraded to the LPS 
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #2,728 of 13,800

You are right. Geek Pulse S fi and Geek Pulse fi will be IGG only.

Initial phase of crowd designing will be always a little bit divergent, which is healthy.

Then we comes to normal sales channel, we will consolidate into 3 if not less models.... :wink:

So Geek Pulse S fi and Geek Pulse fi backers are unique! 

Larry

You mean me and my Pulse Sfi will be super special snowflakes???

NICE!

Nov 15, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #2,730 of 13,800

Yeah i was also wondering this as i have brought the same package and live in australia.

LH would love an answer to this as anything shipped of a declared value of $1000 AUD carries tax charges.

Being as the He560 - Geek pulse will arrive in separate shipments would be good if the invoice price could be split in half. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back