Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Nov 17, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #2,746 of 13,800
Only backers from the first and second IGG Pulse campaign received a survey link to check their perks.

The only thing you could do is to open up a support ticket to request a login to the tracking page.

Oh ok.
Well I would like to formally petition that LH do the survey again for late backers. Please 
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #2,747 of 13,800
It depends on when you actually backed the Pulse. Wave campaign backers are manually contacted by Manny via mail to confirm their perks. If you recently backed the campaign I'm the forever funding campaign, then I'm pretty sure you will receive the survey after it ends in January

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #2,748 of 13,800
It depends on when you actually backed the Pulse. Wave campaign backers are manually contacted by Manny via mail to confirm their perks. If you recently backed the campaign I'm the forever funding campaign, then I'm pretty sure you will receive the survey after it ends in January

Ah ok.
Yeah I just backed the Pulse+400i deal a few days ago and then backed the LPS on Sat.

Nov 17, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #2,749 of 13,800
I also received a email notification on Friday that LH Labs has scheduled my order for shipment. In my case, it was for two 2G Lightspeed cables (2 meters each), which is great but I'm also waiting for them ship the 2xLPS I ordered early in the first Indiegogo campaign.

The email says "Please allow up to 24 hours for tracking updates to appear." So far, there haven't been any tracking updates, and My USPS.com doesn't show any packages pending.

Hopefully both the cables and the LPS will actually ship this week.

Nov 17, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #2,750 of 13,800
By popular demand, we're bringing back the HiFiMAN Headphone bundle deal beginning on November 21st at 9AM PST.  We'll be offering the bundle deals for 48 hours only and with no limit on how many can be purchased.  Headphones will begin to ship as soon as we have a final quantity on what we'll be ordering.  

The bundle deal we'll be featuring will be the Geek Pulse + HiFiMAN HE-560 for the IGG only price of $968

This has by far been the most popular bundle deal we've featured in this campaign which in turn makes it a great opportunity for you to to rack up your referral reward payouts by sharing news about this deal with anyone and everyone who cares.  Think Facebook, Twitter, Head-Fi, ComputerAudiophile, Instagram etc. etc. 

Simply paste your IGG link to the Geek Pulse campaign anywhere you plan on sharing and each time someone clicks your link and pledges for any item in the campaign, you'll earn 10%!  

Check out the deals here: http://bit.ly/GeekPulseBundle

Nov 17, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #2,753 of 13,800
chartwell85
Hey Casey, since you seem to check this thread from time to time, do you mind taking a look at support ticket #3246 with regards to upgrading the Geek LPS to LPS4? Carlos replied to my ticket, but answered the question other than the upgrade one, and the upgrade question is of urgency since LPS units are starting to be shipped.

Thank you.

Nov 17, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #2,754 of 13,800
@chartwell85
Hey Casey, since you seem to check this thread from time to time, do you mind taking a look at support ticket #3246 with regards to upgrading the Geek LPS to LPS4? Carlos replied to my ticket, but answered the question other than the upgrade one, and the upgrade question is of urgency since LPS units are starting to be shipped.

Thank you.

Manny is responding to you right now.  But that option is available in the campaign for $170.

Nov 17, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #2,756 of 13,800
Hmm is the LPS really worth $470? I'm tempted to buy either the Geek Pulse alone for $400 or the HE-560 bundle when it ships. But $470 for a power supply seems pretty steep... will it really make that drastic a different? Or would I still be entirely satisfied with the Geek Pulse alone? My current amp is the relatively low end EF2A, so I don't exactly have trained ears for that kind of thing. I've had some problem with USB noise in the past but clearing out all the ports around where I have the amp plugged in has basically solved the issue. 

Also, should I go for the HE-560 bundle? I know those headphones go for $900, so it would essentially be getting $300 off compared to just getting Geek Pulse. Worth it or are there better headphones for $600? My current set up is HifiMan EF2A amp + HE-400. Is the 560 a huge jump over the 400 and the lower priced 500? I listen mostly 320kbps mp3 with Google Music, but I'm trying out Tidal right now, which is lossless streaming. 

And lastly, I notice the Geek Pulse has stereo out jacks... would it do a good job of powering a pair of Klipsch R42 speakers?

Thanks

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #2,757 of 13,800
  Hmm is the LPS really worth $470? I'm tempted to buy either the Geek Pulse alone for $400 or the HE-560 bundle when it ships. But $470 for a power supply seems pretty steep... will it really make that drastic a different?

Just get something like this:
Pyramid PS9KX  I see them for under $35 all of the time. Less than 3 mV ripple at rated output. Fully Regulated and  non-switching. The video about the pulse used a Wall Wart switching supply and noise was at the limits of measurement. They were illustrating how good the internal power supply and regulation is.
It sure isn't as pretty as the LPS, nor as sophisticated. BUT, you can get it and a Pulse... and have beer money left...
dt880smile.png

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #2,758 of 13,800

We had such an overwhelming amount of people that emailed, called and just generally expressed interest in the deal after it sold out.  

Does this mean that shipping all of the 560s will be delayed now ?
Just setting my own expectations.

Nov 17, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #2,759 of 13,800

Does this mean that shipping all of the 560s will be delayed now ?
Just setting my own expectations.

Great question mandrake! Curious to find out the answer myself. 

Nov 17, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #2,760 of 13,800
so, who thinks the pulse X will work with the RE-600S (16 ohm impedance) without the LPS? Anyone think I should be worried about the noise floor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back