Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Nov 17, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #2,762 of 13,800

Does this mean that shipping all of the 560s will be delayed now ?
Just setting my own expectations.

Great question mandrake! Curious to find out the answer myself. 

I think it was mentioned somewhere the HE-560/HE400i will ship in early December once they compile the numbers sold...

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #2,763 of 13,800

I think it was mentioned somewhere the HE-560/HE400i will ship in early December once they compile the numbers sold...

True, but in the pulse thread LH said that now... they would sip the 560 as soon as they had final totals for the orders...
Apparently this will now be after the end of the 48 hours of the next bundle offer..
November 24.
Notwithstanding the comments at one point that vaguely mentioned December. So out of curiosity I ask the question.
It makes a bit of sense to think that if they need a complete total before getting things going with Hifiman, that would delay the whole process...
Yes?

But, If they already placed an order based on previous numbers, maybe this is all BS. Worth asking I would think... especially because I am real impatient to get the 560s around my head!! Whatever is, just is, and I will deal. But "I gots ta know"..
wink_face.gif

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #2,764 of 13,800

True, but in the pulse thread LH said that now... they would sip the 560 as soon as they had final totals for the orders...
Apparently this will now be after the end of the 48 hours of the next bundle offer..
November 24.
Notwithstanding the comments at one point that vaguely mentioned December. So out of curiosity I ask the question.
It makes a bit of sense to think that if they need a complete total before getting things going with Hifiman, that would delay the whole process...
Yes?

But, If they already placed an order based on previous numbers, maybe this is all BS. Worth asking I would think... especially because I am real impatient to get the 560s around my head!! Whatever is, just is, and I will deal. But "I gots ta know"..
wink_face.gif

I hear ya.
I'm a little anxious to get my 400i. I've never had a planar headphone so I can't wait to compare it to my HD800(I know. different leagues, but still...).
It's going to be a long cold winter until my Pulse/LPS comes in this spring so I'll just have to figure out a way to keep myself busy until then. Shovel snow I guess 
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 18, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #2,765 of 13,800
To all Pulse Backers outside US, feel free to visit this TOPIC: LH not helping backers to save on tax? in the LH Force Forum/Pulse Product subforum

What is it about?
AFAIK Canada and Israel have special agreements with the USA: If at least 35% of the raw materials of a product was manufactured in the USA, the exporter/seller can add a "US certificate of origin for export to Canada, Australia, Israel,".

What is it good for?
Not having to pay taxes!

For the Geek out, there were already two threads and LH didn't act. Anyone who is aware of their contries laws, and if this applies to their country, is invited to help me waking LH up about this issue. 
LH is making me pay taxes on a product, where the laws explicitly say that I don't need to. But LH is not ready to add this document to the shippment. Without this document, the Law won't apply.

I would appreciate any help,
thanks!

Nov 18, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #2,766 of 13,800
It would be better if one also presents the other side of the coin, in that what would it cost LH to get this Certificate of Origin, and who would bear the cost thereof. For the record, I live in Singapore and I have no issues with LH.

Nov 18, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #2,767 of 13,800
  Hmm is the LPS really worth $470? I'm tempted to buy either the Geek Pulse alone for $400 or the HE-560 bundle when it ships. But $470 for a power supply seems pretty steep... will it really make that drastic a different? Or would I still be entirely satisfied with the Geek Pulse alone? My current amp is the relatively low end EF2A, so I don't exactly have trained ears for that kind of thing. I've had some problem with USB noise in the past but clearing out all the ports around where I have the amp plugged in has basically solved the issue.

Also, should I go for the HE-560 bundle? I know those headphones go for $900, so it would essentially be getting $300 off compared to just getting Geek Pulse. Worth it or are there better headphones for $600? My current set up is HifiMan EF2A amp + HE-400. Is the 560 a huge jump over the 400 and the lower priced 500? I listen mostly 320kbps mp3 with Google Music, but I'm trying out Tidal right now, which is lossless streaming.

And lastly, I notice the Geek Pulse has stereo out jacks... would it do a good job of powering a pair of Klipsch R42 speakers?

Thanks

I've been wondering that about the LPS myself, and ultimately I'd rather not pay more for a power supply than what I paid for the pulse itself (original $300 Pulse backer).  I no longer own the HE400, but I can easily say that the HE560 bests the HE400 in everything except bass quantity.  That bundle is a steal and if I had not already bought the HE560 and backed the Pulse I would not hesitate to get it.

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #2,768 of 13,800
Got my LPS yesterday after a shipping notification on Friday.  So stuff is definitely shipping.  I have a Pulse X and and Xfi ordered as a super early backer, but don't expect those to ship til end of the year.

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #2,770 of 13,800
Hi,

I backed the vanilla Geek Pulse on 31st Oct as one of the super early bird stuff and I got the information from Manny through email that I am currently order 474 and it won't be shipped out until the first week of December, and that is I quote " assuming production and fulfillment keep up the pace without any hiccups".
I am still working how did I end up in order 474 given I am in the super early birds (only 250 IIRC). But it could give you guys a basic idea.
TBH now I am just hoping my Black Friday special Geek Pulse Xfi could show up next year February, and the vanilla Geek Pulse turns from a Birthday present to a Christmas present. Do you give presents on New Year's day? whatever...

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #2,771 of 13,800
yayyy!!!

Time for consumer first impressions/quick reviews of the LPS. Everything I have been hearing so far is either from LH labs claiming better "spatiality" for the Pulse and "does more for the Pulse than the Pulse X", or from other third-parties: "peace of mind/throwing the best at my rig"

Did LH mentioned how many they shipped (Puse and/or LPS on Friday, and yesterday)?

Nov 18, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #2,773 of 13,800
  Got my LPS yesterday after a shipping notification on Friday.  So stuff is definitely shipping.  I have a Pulse X and and Xfi ordered as a super early backer, but don't expect those to ship til end of the year.

One in the wild. Nice.

Nov 18, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #2,775 of 13,800
  Does anyone know if there is a 230V version of the LPS, or if the 240V will function as it should on 230 volts? The campaign page and the pictures only show 120V and 240V. 

No problem using the 240v on a 230v mains. Certainly in the UK, the mains (which used to be 240v BTW)  is currently required by law to be delivered at 230 Volts, (50hz) within a tolerance of +10% / – 6%, that is, within the range 253 Volts to 216.2 Volts.
The value of 230 Volts is a ‘nominal voltage’ It went down to 230v to standardise with the rest of Europe. (which went up from 220v to 230v.) The mains voltage in my home never really shifts from 247v, way over the standard!

Check the wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_electricity_by_country to find your own countries info.

Hope that helps,but if you're still not convinced, just email LH Labs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back