Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Nov 1, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #2,341 of 13,800
  I am mid review...Here are a few more pics...

(Sorry to keep it easier to read I delete the pics in the quote)

Geek Pulse X Fi with LPS. Light Harmonic Lightwave USB cable. Stillpoints Ultra SS four pack. Toxic Cables Silver Widow Balanced HD800 cables.

Current track: Soundgarden Spoonman Superunknown 2014 Remaster DSD64

Keep it coming!
Thanks!

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #2,342 of 13,800

I'll give both ways a try Brian. Either way we have massive bandwidth to play with.

Just know that I'm anxiously awaiting your impressions. You're one of the lucky few who get to listen to the Pulse in a properly controlled environment. I know that CanJam didn't do it justice thanks to the outside noise, even on the Primes.

CanJam was a great place to meet friends and play with gear. However no show is good for careful listening. I am enjoying the Pulse a lot now that I have it in my own room and no distractions.

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #2,344 of 13,800

CanJam was a great place to meet friends and play with gear. However no show is good for careful listening. I am enjoying the Pulse a lot now that I have it in my own room and no distractions.

Can you provide an early impression? A one or two liner is sufficent.thanks

It will be competitive at it's retail price point. At the currently available Indiegogo price it is a flat out steal.

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #2,345 of 13,800
  It will be competitive at it's retail price point. At the currently available Indiegogo price it is a flat out steal.

Coming from you that says a lot. People who are interested in this and haven't backed are crazy if they miss the active IGG campaign. I'm looking forward to the Soul pricing that they're announcing on Wednesday to see if it's reasonable on my wallet to have looks that match the level of sound the Pulse produces.

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #2,346 of 13,800

Coming from you that says a lot. People who are interested in this and haven't backed are crazy if they miss the active IGG campaign. I'm looking forward to the Soul pricing that they're announcing on Wednesday to see if it's reasonable on my wallet to have looks that match the level of sound the Pulse produces.

The Soul will be interesting. I am curious what they are going to cram in the box. I am in the market for a Pre-Amp.

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #2,347 of 13,800
The Soul will be interesting. I am curious what they are going to cram in the box. I am in the market for a Pre-Amp.

can't the pulse itself be used as a preamp ?

Nov 2, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #2,352 of 13,800
  Yes it can be used as a preamp.

The Soul is a Pulse X or Pulse Xfi + LPS in one chassis with some minor tweaks. The tweaks are explained in the Forever Funding campaign.

i was pretty sure it could

Nov 2, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #2,354 of 13,800
Just to be clear, the Geek Pulse is a digital preamp - it does not have any analog inputs and incorporates digital domain volume control.

On a related note, I'm not clear on how volume attenuation is implemented on DSD sources without converting to PCM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back