Gaming headphones in the office - A700 or AD700?
Jan 2, 2011 at 5:20 AM Post #16 of 18
I've found HD212pro to work reasonably well for gaming especially, very clear and distinct cues for the directions the sound comes from although the sound quality itself is far from great (recessed midrange, thin and bright and detail-lacking highs, muddy midrange, slightly boomy bass etc) and reminds me of headset sound with bass boost and the A700 will probably trump over it like there's no comparision I could imagine. HD212 Pro are very bassy (bassiest Sennheisers by far) and A700 not very bassy at all.

Jan 2, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #17 of 18
With AT's 3D wing system,  think the most important factors are.

1. Do you have hair on your head... if so, do they easily bounce back or will the 3d wings create 2 indents there.

2. If your hair will have those indentation, will you be able to shower, brush your hair to bounce it back or will you be seeing anybody later...

If you don't mind walking about with helmet hair, then you won't be bothered by this.

Jan 2, 2011 at 7:34 AM Post #18 of 18
^Never got helmet hair from any of my ATs. 

As most of the others have stated already, the A700s are better for these types of circumstances.  If my wife is watching television and I want to listen to music in the same room, I wear my closed cans and not only can she not hear my music, I don't get distracted with outside noise.  If she wants my attention though, it usually results in her hitting me because I can't really hear her...  A fair trade-off I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back