Fuze or S:Flo2 for following setup?
Jul 26, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #16 of 33

Quote:

BS.  Its a big improvement, but it still doesn't solve the physical inadequacies of the player.  Rockbox fixes none of the issues I have w/ the Clip+ sound.

Well, to me, at this point, the V1 Fuze I have sounds better with Rockbox than the Clip+ does with it. Whether it is because the port is further along or not, I don't know.

Jul 26, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #17 of 33
Firmware is not the answer to everything.  I'd love to Rockbox my Clip+ and get Hifiman 801.  You think more time working on the port will do that?

Jul 26, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #18 of 33
If you plan on ever buying a portable amp, then the sflo2 hands down. The Line Out solves all the problems of the Headphone Out on the sflo2 (sound stage, freq response, power and several others) and IMO makes it the greatest player in the world for the amount of money you pay (heck if the UI and firmware were improved It would probably be worth $300 at least to me).

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #21 of 33

Quote:
Has anyone done a rmaa on the lineout?  I have seen rmaa on the ho and it wasnt that great.

Careful mentioning RMAA around here.....you'll get a lot of hostile responses from the audiophiles.
wink_face.gif

Aug 23, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #22 of 33

Quote:
Has anyone done a rmaa on the lineout?  I have seen rmaa on the ho and it wasnt that great.

Yeah its somewhere.  Its flat as a 7 year old girl.

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:07 AM Post #23 of 33
I've had the clip+ and fuze and they both sound exactly the same to my ears and I still have the clip+ and sold the fuze. They also had similar driving power.

I consider my clip+ a very good value. It is pretty flat and I believe the graphs match what I am hearing. However I would not really consider it a great player. It does have flat frequency but there are some things that it lacks. Driving power could be an issue depending on what you use as well as volume. I only mostly dynamic driver earphones and it does have a slight issue with driving power. I can get it to volumes I would not listen to but that is not driving capabilities. The navigation sucks and so does pretty much the rest of the OF. it can be rockboxed however which is a good thing since I hate the OF and there's no way I would buy a sansa player otherwise. I waited until rockbox supported the clip+ to purchase it. It is cheap however and has decent sound. I've heard better players and I've heard worse. I wouldn't rank it at the top but not the bottom. It's in the middle of the pack.

Lastly I think Anaxilus knows what he is talking about :) He does own a clip+ and/or fuze if I'm not mistaken.

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #24 of 33

Quote:
oh i get it your talking about those crappy old wolfson dac's, ROFL, my old dvd player from years ago has the same dac the s:flo2 has, guess what, it cost me all of 20USD years ago......yeah thats audiophile quality hardware there.....ROFL  bloody idiots

and the LO is useless if you dont want to use an amp or LOD to make the thing not sound like crap, oh wait, you like it to sound "warm"(see louder is better)

and why should you NEED an amp to make a player not suck?  sorry but if you NEED an amp for low impedance IEM's or HP's then your "DoingItWrong".

and thank god your gonna put me on ignore, idiots like you who recommend overpriced CRAP really should just do the world a favor and drink some draino, or pour it in your ears, that may help remove the wax buildup so you can hear What your listening to without it being LOUD AS HELL.

The s:flo2 sounds better than the Clip+ and Fuze players. End of story. It's a better player and YES: I have both and I have A/Bed them both flat WITH amplication. Volume set the same (noise coming to my ears) and the s:flo2 just sounds better. More detail, the music sounds FULLER. Not louder as you stated earlier. 
The soundstage is noticeably better than the Clip+ as well. 

The update fixed the HO of the T51 BTW; it sounds better than before although i only use the LO.

Oh and BTW, the equipment I use is the Clip/T51 // iBasso PB1 // K702 Blue-Dragon cabled. Please don't come to this site and expect to know everything. You have a long way to go before you can amass some amount of knowledge to hold a decent debate against someone else. Bashing another poster because they have a different opinion than you do isn't the way to do things around here.

Quote:
I've had the clip+ and fuze and they both sound exactly the same to my ears and I still have the clip+ and sold the fuze. They also had similar driving power.

I consider my clip+ a very good value. It is pretty flat and I believe the graphs match what I am hearing. However I would not really consider it a great player. It does have flat frequency but there are some things that it lacks. Driving power could be an issue depending on what you use as well as volume. I only mostly dynamic driver earphones and it does have a slight issue with driving power. I can get it to volumes I would not listen to but that is not driving capabilities. The navigation sucks and so does pretty much the rest of the OF. it can be rockboxed however which is a good thing since I hate the OF and there's no way I would buy a sansa player otherwise. I waited until rockbox supported the clip+ to purchase it. It is cheap however and has decent sound. I've heard better players and I've heard worse. I wouldn't rank it at the top but not the bottom. It's in the middle of the pack.

Lastly I think Anaxilus knows what he is talking about :) He does own a clip+ and/or fuze if I'm not mistaken.

1. Yep. Lots of people say they sound exactly the same. I went for the Clip+ because it was smaller and easier to use in the car. I didn't have to look at the player; just picked it up out of the cup holder, pushed a button, and threw it back.

2. I agree with pretty much the whole second paragraph. The player is very flat and I loved classical music the most with it; probably because it lacked "power" which is somewhat similar to what you're saying (and correct me if I'm wrong, don't want to put words in your mouth or anything). I used my T51 HO for everything else (before) the update because it just gave every genre more body/soul. After the update (and when amping) I just go for the T51.

3. Rockbox is great for the player. I never went through the trouble of doing it mainly because I just EQed the bass and treble up for rap/rock/hardcore etc. music in the car.

4.Anaxilus does know what he's talking about. I've read a lot of his posts over a long period of time and although I don't know if i agreed with everything he said, he always backed up his opinions with strong points and didn't just rant/rave about why he was "right" and bash others like AzureSky seems to be doing here.

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #25 of 33
Also it does sound like I'm bashing the clip+ but I'm not. It's my only dap for a good reason. It's a great value and it will take quite a bit to overthrow it and I've tried. I've gotten backup players to my clip+ only to see myself sell it a couple weeks later if that long. I may get the J3 and/or HM602 in the future but it will take much more than just SQ to overthrow the clip+. I need it to be functional as well without getting me angry at crappy UI.

Sep 2, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #26 of 33

Quote:
Getting the S:Flo2 is like amazing sex with a horrible bitch.

Heh Heh.....I like that.

I own an S:Flo2 and that is correct. The interface is so bad that mine is used as a big Shuffle player but it sound wow.

I say this but last night I was listening to my Rockboxed e280 with line out through a Fanmusic Mkii Mk2 and my MS-1i and it sounded pretty amazing to me. Now Rockbox works on the Sansa's with line out their value has gone up to me.

Sep 2, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #27 of 33

Quote:
Heh Heh.....I like that.

I own an S:Flo2 and that is correct. The interface is so bad that mine is used as a big Shuffle player but it sound wow.

I say this but last night I was listening to my Rockboxed e280 with line out through a Fanmusic Mkii Mk2 and my MS-1i and it sounded pretty amazing to me. Now Rockbox works on the Sansa's with line out their value has gone up to me.

And the Sflo2 LO through the Fanmusic to MS1i?

Sep 3, 2010 at 10:53 AM Post #28 of 33
Hello Anaxilus,

I had just recieved my Fanmusic and MS1i and I had been playing them on their own just in case a little bit of burn in was real. They have about 70 hours if that is any help.

I had been using my S:Flo2 as a shuffle player so it was in my coat pocket for work an such and I had been using other players for home stuff. So on your suggestion I am using the Sflo2 LO through the Fanmusic to MS1i. It is amazing. The difference between it and the e280 is just so great, and I am fairly new to all of this so I am talking about a real difference, but I was brought back to earth with a big thud. I wanted to repeat a song from the beginning, because of something that happened earlier that day, and you cant do that with the S:flo2. I you go backwards it goes to another random song and the slider to go backward wont take you back to the start of the song.

This machine is just so @#$%^&*.

It is alright to sound great but if you can't control it the player will stay a carry on it's own shuffle device and will never become the great sounding music machine that the programers stop it becoming.

Refubished iPod videos and Sansas will be my mainstream PMP's for a good while into the future.

Tim

Sep 3, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #29 of 33
What firmware and theme are you running? I use it as an album player with Theme 2 of the Black & Blue theme/interface and it's fine as long as a) I use DriveSort to alphabetise everything correctly b) browse by directory only. On 2.3 I don't have too much trouble dragging the slider back to the start, and you can always hit the little icon that switches between loop single/once/all before the song ends. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back