Futuresonics Atrio M5
May 19, 2011 at 8:06 AM Post #2,311 of 2,359
A little news, I picked up a pair of used mg7 Atrios and decided to get a pair of custom Softerwear silicone sleeves. I have to say, these really are a step up in terms of quality and fit from the other custom tips I had. The Softerwear sleeves are better designed and look to be much better built. They fit very nicely and are comfortable. Custom sleeves are definitely the way to go for universal iems, at least for me.

I also picked up the TTVJ Slim portable amp for my Future Sonics MG6Pro Ear Monitor. It has a warmish, very cohesive and very smooth sound. And--this is quite neat--it has an excellent synergy with the Atrio! It does a great job and eliminates much of the low treble hump that sometimes can be noticeable on certain songs. Cymbals resound nicely and the Atrio overall sound even better. It's so much better than the poor pairing I found with the ibasso t3.

May 19, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #2,312 of 2,359
The TTVJ Slim is a very nice amp but so is the Leckerton UHA-4 at almost half the price and size.
The T3 doesn't pair well with bass "heavy" headphones - wasn't a good match for my MTPC either.
I am currently testing IE8 and they are definitely better and more versatile (due to the adjustable bass) than the Atrio M5 and also more comfortable and better built.  They are a bit more expensive but for the long run probably doesn't matter much.

May 19, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #2,313 of 2,359

Quote:
The TTVJ Slim is a very nice amp but so is the Leckerton UHA-4 at almost half the price and size.
The T3 doesn't pair well with bass "heavy" headphones - wasn't a good match for my MTPC either.
I am currently testing IE8 and they are definitely better and more versatile (due to the adjustable bass) than the Atrio M5 and also more comfortable and better built.  They are a bit more expensive but for the long run probably doesn't matter much.

Actually, the ibasso T3 is an excellent match with the mtpc. The somewhat warm sound of the t3 and it's lack of upper treble focus really helps the mids of the mtpc to be a bit warmer and the sometimes a little edgy treble is softened well by the t3. This is what makes it a great pairing.

As for the Leckerton, you've been so positive that I think people have started becoming a little cynical! Check out the FOTM thread in the portable amp forum. The Leckerton is the top choice as Flavor of the Month (over-hyped new toy).

In any case, this is the Future Sonics Atrios M5 thread. I find, just as others have found, the Atrios have an excellent accurate reproduction of subtle resonance (timbre) in the mids. With a proper burn in--and with a good amp synergy--the lower-treble balances out for a very engaging overall sound.

May 19, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #2,314 of 2,359
If anyone passes on the UHA-4 just because they think it's a "FOTM," it would be their loss not mine.  It doesn't matter to me either way as I am enjoying mine.  By the way, someone could say that about your overly positive impressions of both Future Sonics.  But if thats how you find them, what else are you going to say??  I tried them and they didn't quite do it for me as I find them a step down from the MTPCs and IE8 but for others they might be a nice upgrade.  So can others test the UHA-4 - check it out for yourself if you care and return it if you don't like it.  It doesn't matter to me either way as I am enjoying mine.

The T3 for me did not make a good pairing with the MTPC (unlike the UHA-4) but to each their own.  You should try the MTPC with the TTVJ Slim if you can, they pair very nicely as well.

May 19, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #2,315 of 2,359

Quote:
If anyone passes on the UHA-4 just because they think it's a "FOTM," it would be their loss not mine.  It doesn't matter to me either way as I am enjoying mine.  By the way, someone could say that about your overly positive impressions of both Future Sonics.  But if thats how you find them, what else are you going to say??

Well, on this point, I actually have something to say: You didn't read my reviews. I've caught several people who just simply didn't read the reviews I've posted on the Atrio and Ear Monitor--I've actually gone out of my way to avoid being overly positive. I did that by giving reason one would not choose these earphones as well as the reasons I think people might choose them.

People would have less of a sense that you believe the uha-4 saved your child or cures hangnails, solved the governmental impass in Belgium, etc. if you did that, too.

As for the other points, as long as you are enjoying what you have, that's great.

May 19, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #2,316 of 2,359
IE8 were so flat and the bass not clear at all. I love bass and the more the better but it has to be clean and deep and not over shadow the meds and highs too much. The Future Sonics are a lot more better and accurate and clean.

May 19, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #2,317 of 2,359
@ Kunlun

Spoken like a "true Atrio/Future Sonics champion"...  As a courtesy, I'd suggest you consider dropping the "if you read my post" type lines - after all, you wouldn't want to get in a situation where someone says to you something like:

1. First, If you'd read and understood bulmanxxi comment above, you'd have realized that if someone likes a product, it's normal to write about it in such a way. i.e. positively, and you'd have also got that bulmanxxi has no issue with your Future Sonics reviews regardless of the shade of positiveness you ascribe to them.  
  2. Second, if you'd read bulmanxxi impressions of the UHA-4, you wouldn't be making up stories about what bulmanxxi actually has said.
  3. Third, did you read the above?

So yeah, hopefully, you don't get yourself in such a situation...  

May 23, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #2,318 of 2,359
I have been buying many earphones trying to get the sound and the bass that I have been looking for. As of now I am happy with the Future Sonics and if another earphone comes out and I do not care the company that it is from, I will buy it if it is better. Future Sonics has the bass that is lacking in most if not all the other earphones. The meds and highs are great and better then many but not all. For meds and highs I do like the Shure 530 and 535 but I am usually listening my music with the Future Sonics.

May 23, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #2,319 of 2,359

Quote:
@ Kunlun

Spoken like a "true Atrio/Future Sonics champion"...  As a courtesy, I'd suggest you consider dropping the "if you read my post" type lines - after all, you wouldn't want to get in a situation where someone says to you something like:

1. First, If you'd read and understood bulmanxxi comment above, you'd have realized that if someone likes a product, it's normal to write about it in such a way. i.e. positively, and you'd have also got that bulmanxxi has no issue with your Future Sonics reviews regardless of the shade of positiveness you ascribe to them.  
  2. Second, if you'd read bulmanxxi impressions of the UHA-4, you wouldn't be making up stories about what bulmanxxi actually has said.
  3. Third, did you read the above?

So yeah, hopefully, you don't get yourself in such a situation...  

tl;dr!
tongue.gif

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #2,320 of 2,359
stupid question , but how can you tell if the atrio's are v1 or v2 with the newer driver 
i just bought a used set with about 20 hrs on them , no box and all the tips unused ? 
they sound good but i need to turn up the volume louder then my dba-02 and ue10  to get the same amount of sound
the supplied tips are horrible for isolation      at least for me

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #2,321 of 2,359

Quote:
stupid question , but how can you tell if the atrio's are v1 or v2 with the newer driver 
i just bought a used set with about 20 hrs on them , no box and all the tips unused ? 
they sound good but i need to turn up the volume louder then my dba-02 and ue10  to get the same amount of sound
the supplied tips are horrible for isolation      at least for me

The actual Atrio v1 has memory wire. The last generation Atro (which is 'rev2') doesn't have memory wire. The current Atrio MG7 (which is a rev3) looks identical to Atrio rev2. Check it out here.

Jun 9, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #2,322 of 2,359

Hey man.  Where did you get the Softerwear silicone sleeves you talk about?

I need new tips, you see :xf_eek:)

Cheers
Quote:
A little news, I picked up a pair of used mg7 Atrios and decided to get a pair of custom Softerwear silicone sleeves. I have to say, these really are a step up in terms of quality and fit from the other custom tips I had. The Softerwear sleeves are better designed and look to be much better built. They fit very nicely and are comfortable. Custom sleeves are definitely the way to go for universal iems, at least for me.

I also picked up the TTVJ Slim portable amp for my Future Sonics MG6Pro Ear Monitor. It has a warmish, very cohesive and very smooth sound. And--this is quite neat--it has an excellent synergy with the Atrio! It does a great job and eliminates much of the low treble hump that sometimes can be noticeable on certain songs. Cymbals resound nicely and the Atrio overall sound even better. It's so much better than the poor pairing I found with the ibasso t3.

May 4, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #2,323 of 2,359
These headphones suck. I really wanted to like these, achieving a perfect seal with comply foam to get the maximum experience. Plugged into an iPhone 4s, the bass isnt nowhere near as good as the monster turbine. In terms of overall sound, these are not bass oriented earphones. Selling them right away. Don't believe the youtube reviews that the MG7 drivers deliver thumping sub bass. They have zero bass whatsoever. I'd give them a 0/10 max.

May 4, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #2,324 of 2,359
Quote:
These headphones suck. I really wanted to like these, achieving a perfect seal with comply foam to get the maximum experience. Plugged into an iPhone 4s, the bass isnt nowhere near as good as the monster turbine. In terms of overall sound, these are not bass oriented earphones. Selling them right away. Don't believe the youtube reviews that the MG7 drivers deliver thumping sub bass. They have zero bass whatsoever. I'd give them a 0/10 max.

There is obviously something wrong.  There is no IEM alove that has zero bass.  That means you don't have a seal.  Just because you use complys doesn't instantly guarantee you a seal.  YOu should keep testing tips to get a good seal. 

May 4, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #2,325 of 2,359

^^  
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back