Futuresonics Atrio M5
Nov 4, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #991 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So having custom made tips you have no problem with the seal? Is it good when you are on the move, like walking ,working etc,or only when being static, like on a couch or at the computer?

When I used the Atrio the first times, my major drawbacks were with not having an adequate seal, did I loose time with that!!Now this is settle and I enjoy them everyday.
tongue.gif

Yes, I have been continuing my research on those amp and it is definitively on my wish list. (I'll see what my wife says about that!)

Do you do any amp rolling?

Also it is based in Canada, which is good for the ego.
cool.gif

But the design, is it something else or what!! It just looks like this thing sounds so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will need RCA to 1/8 IC for input and output.(Think in future!!)

regards,

The custom molds provide perfect fit/seat for your ears. It takes the guessing/experimentation out of the picture. I do not run (unless I am getting late for subway
wink.gif
) - the fit is perfect. It takes a couple more seconds each to insert and remove the custom molds and they are washable. Of course they are not cheap.

I would not consider a home amp for IEMs (thought I have 1/8" headphone out along with 1/4" headphone out on Mapletree).

If you can get a hand on

Nov 4, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #993 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hope this will help you!

The set I bought for testing if it worked with the Atrio as foamies is:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Shure-Foam-Insert...QQcmdZViewItem

Then when I was satisfied this was what I needed I bought this , have not received it yet, and I am pretty sure is the same as the first:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Shure-E1c-E3c-E4c...QQcmdZViewItem

It states EA120, is that what you mean?.

Mind you I have not received the second item yet, so cannot assure you it works and is the same.

regards,

Turns out, you can get 11 pair at the first site you listed for $22.29, including shipping. The second link charges $23 for 10 pair, including shipping. First site is a little better deal (and authentic tips, as you said). I ordered from the initial site. Thanks for the info. I then saw if you ordered 12 pair at the first site, no $1.50 shipping charge. Doh! I wish I had read it better. Anyway, something for future reference.

Nov 7, 2007 at 7:48 AM Post #994 of 2,359
well, with all the praises of the atrio m5 i figured i'd get them, seeing as how my um 1's broke, and my er 6i's work whenever they want to
frown.gif

it really does have the bass that the er 6i's dont have, and to me, a better representation of the vocals than the um1's, but maybe not as much as the er 6i's. this is only out of the box, and hopefully they'll sound better later. i plan on getting the shure black tips because one of the biflanges was already torn
frown.gif

im too used to flanges to go back to foamies >_<

i guess the only down side to the atrio m5 is that i have to higher the volume on my zen vision: M. hope this is normal

Nov 8, 2007 at 7:19 AM Post #996 of 2,359
where can you get them besides futuresonics own website and some e-bays? also, is there any cable issues or other issues with them? i don't remember reading any though. thanks

Nov 8, 2007 at 11:30 AM Post #997 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by fhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where can you get them besides futuresonics own website and some e-bays? also, is there any cable issues or other issues with them? i don't remember reading any though. thanks

http://www.handheldaudio.co.uk/ is the only other place I know of.

There have been issues with the cables on early batches of the Atrios, but that seems to be fixed now. My first pair of Atrios developed a loose contact at the cable divider, resulting in bad sound from the right ear speaker. Several other people reported the same issue - but only with early models. I returned them to Handheldaudio for a new pair, and those have been fine ever since.

Nov 9, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #999 of 2,359
im sorry to ask, but does futuresonics HATE its customers ? the foam tips have the durability of chocolate cake in a weight watchers meeting, and the normal silicon tips are torture to wear, im amazed that futuresonics would send out such a high quality headphone with such horrid tips, i´ve allready ordered some shure olive tips, but im really really disapointed having shelled out money for a product which is truly good, and high quality but unusable becuase of poor accesories,

Nov 9, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #1,000 of 2,359
Yes, not to mention the build quality. I've just received my replacement atrios and while they overall seem to work and look well, you can see the use adhesive at one of the sides of a shell (2nd time this is present, but this time it's not nearly as noticeable). It's really minor thought, nothing to get upset about, but I can be obsessive about those minor faults >_>. And the tips sure don't last, I too will be buying black shure foams.

But overall, it's still a really good deal, especially if you bought it from roaddog. Besides, I'll probably forget about the minor faults when I receiver the olives and burn in is finished.

Nov 10, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #1,001 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im sorry to ask, but does futuresonics HATE its customers ? the foam tips have the durability of chocolate cake in a weight watchers meeting, and the normal silicon tips are torture to wear, im amazed that futuresonics would send out such a high quality headphone with such horrid tips, i´ve allready ordered some shure olive tips, but im really really disapointed having shelled out money for a product which is truly good, and high quality but unusable becuase of poor accesories,

I'd agree that the FS foams are way too fragile, but to my ears, the included silicone flanges are very comfy indeed. Within seconds I can forget I have them in.

Nov 10, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #1,002 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by grommal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd agree that the FS foams are way too fragile, but to my ears, the included silicone flanges are very comfy indeed. Within seconds I can forget I have them in.

Thats been my experience as well...the supplied medium bi-flanges are a very comfortable fit and provide an excellent seal. I've had my Atrios for around six months and tried a few different tips (including the Shure 'olives' ). I found that for me , (wearing the M5 's with the memorywire over the ear also) the biflanges give the best of both worlds. Perfect fit , with good isolation and comfort (I often fall asleep with them in). Coupled with better SQ than I get from any other tips I've tried (more clarity across the sound spectrum , the bass even sounds tighter). As for the FS foamies , I don't think they're actually that bad really in comparison with some foamies.....however the impractical flesh colour does mean that they can get pretty grubby looking fairly quickly. The Atrios still sound hugely musical and involving to my ears though and thats regardless of whatever tip you use with them
icon10.gif

Nov 10, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #1,003 of 2,359
i dont know, maybe im a special case, all i know is that the bifalange feels like its going too deep and when i use it, i start getting this horrible itch inside my ear, i´ll try to hit a store that sells shure today to see if i can get tips,

Nov 10, 2007 at 10:10 AM Post #1,004 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont know, maybe im a special case, all i know is that the bifalange feels like its going too deep and when i use it, i start getting this horrible itch inside my ear, i´ll try to hit a store that sells shure today to see if i can get tips,

I had that same annoying itchy sensation with the biflanges the first couple of times I tried them . In fact I dismissed them as an option instantly due to this. However, when I tried them again a few months later and persevered with using them for a whole day , the itchy feeling vanished completely. Just my ear canals adjusting to the aural probing they were getting I guess...

Nov 10, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #1,005 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by subfocus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats been my experience as well...the supplied medium bi-flanges are a very comfortable fit and provide an excellent seal. I've had my Atrios for around six months and tried a few different tips (including the Shure 'olives' ). I found that for me , (wearing the M5 's with the memorywire over the ear also) the biflanges give the best of both worlds. Perfect fit , with good isolation and comfort (I often fall asleep with them in). Coupled with better SQ than I get from any other tips I've tried (more clarity across the sound spectrum , the bass even sounds tighter). As for the FS foamies , I don't think they're actually that bad really in comparison with some foamies.....however the impractical flesh colour does mean that they can get pretty grubby looking fairly quickly. The Atrios still sound hugely musical and involving to my ears though and thats regardless of whatever tip you use with them
icon10.gif

x2 on that last statement. Also, I change tips a lot, and like the Atrios no matter which tips I use. I just bought a 10-pack of FS foamies, cause of the "ugly" factor, but they feel great and sound great too. Then again, on occasion, I slip on the medium b-flanges, and like that sound too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back