Futuresonics Atrio M5
Nov 2, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #976 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i bought from them, all legal and cool, the only complaint is that they declared full value of package content, but then again, you cant blame them for being honest,

Just curious: why didn't you buy from Handheldaudio UK, seeing you're in the EU?

Nov 2, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #978 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by willsterstyle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For all those canadians out there.

How much duty were you hit when it crossed the border?

In my case , 0, nil, nothing at all. The postman delivered with a smile!
cool.gif

Nov 2, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #979 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1012007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that where you bought your from dfkt?

$130 + Shipping + Customs ($35) = way over £94

I bought mine from Handheldaudio UK. Inside the EU, therefore no customs crap.

£108/€155 (incl. VAT and shipping) - not that cheap, but also hassle free (I had to return my first pair of Atrios because they broke, that would have been quite annoying with Roaddog USA).

Nov 3, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #980 of 2,359
I have been burning them for about two weeks (more than 100 hours). I have put a few hours of listening straight from iPod.

I find bass to be its biggest strength - I find the M5 bass more satisfying than any headphones I have owned including Ety4p, AKG701, Senn 595, Grado SR80, 5 Pro.

The treble is rolled off big time. In no way are these IEMs bright. I am using custom ear-moulds with them - so seal is as good as it gets with these IEMs. I used Mapletree HD2 headphone amp for critical listening.

At first, they sound very different from any other IEMs or headphones or even my speakers. They have a different tone.

I find them excellent for straight through ipod listening as I find them very forgiving. I won't consider them of reference quality as they seem to quite colored in the mids.

But their bass is unbelievable for IEMs.

Cheers
Sunil.

Nov 3, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #981 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by saisunil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been burning them for about two weeks (more than 100 hours). I have put a few hours of listening straight from iPod.

I find bass to be its biggest strength - I find the M5 bass more satisfying than any headphones I have owned including Ety4p, AKG701, Senn 595, Grado SR80, 5 Pro.

The treble is rolled off big time. In no way are these IEMs bright. I am using custom ear-moulds with them - so seal is as good as it gets with these IEMs. I used Mapletree HD2 headphone amp for critical listening.

At first, they sound very different from any other IEMs or headphones or even my speakers. They have a different tone.

I find them excellent for straight through ipod listening as I find them very forgiving. I won't consider them of reference quality as they seem to quite colored in the mids.

But their bass is unbelievable for IEMs.

Cheers
Sunil.

Hi! and thank you for corroborating what alot are already saying about the Atrio!
With what tip are you doing your listening?

BTW and off-topic: I googled your amp and what a nice amp you have!!! It's the first time I drool for a piece of electronics but that amp is something else. In my top list of electronic aesthetic rig!!!
tongue.gif

regards,

Nov 3, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #983 of 2,359
I was set on buying the shure olives, but i'm not sure anymore. I heard the olives just extend the bass, while don't do much to the treble and mids. I want some more clarity on the m5s, I'm thinking of getting the yellow foam tips and even considering the grey comply tips.

Nov 3, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #984 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was set on buying the shure olives, but i'm not sure anymore. I heard the olives just extend the bass, while don't do much to the treble and mids. I want some more clarity on the m5s, I'm thinking of getting the yellow foam tips and even considering the grey comply tips.

The FS tan tips (large in my case) sound fine to me, and are comfy, but they get pretty ugly after 4-5 uses. The main advantage to the olives is they are black, in my view. I also use the olives, but inverted, on the Atrios. Try the FS foamies that came with the Atrios. If you like em, but more. I just got 10 pair myself (I also use them with the IM616s, because they are soft and once they expand, you don't even feel them).

Did you try the FS flanges? The bi-flanges provide good sound, but I can't keep the seal if I move.

Nov 3, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #985 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bought 1 pair of Shure E4C yellow foamy from an ebay seller just to try them for I think 1.89$. They turn out to be the best because they isolate like crazy and are comfortable, like the FS foamies. The differences being that they last much longer than the Fs.
I find it frustrating with the Fs foamies: I wear them a few time and they start to disintegrate.
I used the yellows for 1 month about, they are all warped and dry but they still seal. And the bonus with them is that the inside of the yellows just sticks on the stem of the Atrio, and this helps alot with the needed seal.

But this is me and others have others tastes and operating ways...

regards,

Nov 3, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #986 of 2,359
my FS foamies are crud, their starting to look pretty bad and deformed, and loosing isolation, i ordered some shure olive foamies,

but i was curious becuase with my last IEM´s i use to use single falange silicone tips, im wondering how the single falange silicone tips from shure go on the futuresonics,

Nov 4, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #987 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi! and thank you for corroborating what alot are already saying about the Atrio!
With what tip are you doing your listening?

BTW and off-topic: I googled your amp and what a nice amp you have!!! It's the first time I drool for a piece of electronics but that amp is something else. In my top list of electronic aesthetic rig!!!
tongue.gif

regards,

These are custom molds that are made for your ears. I was at the AES show and benefitted from getting free ear impressions made.

About the Mapleshade amps - even though it is a tube amp - it does not sound like a tube amp. It sounds like an excellent solid state amp or does not sound like anything at all.

Dr. Peppard is a great person to talk with and is happy to make an custom changes - from color to wood to RCA upgrades etc. Imagin you are paying only about $100 above the kit/parts price.

Cheers
Sunil.

Nov 4, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #988 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by saisunil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are custom molds that are made for your ears. I was at the AES show and benefitted from getting free ear impressions made.

About the Mapleshade amps - even though it is a tube amp - it does not sound like a tube amp. It sounds like an excellent solid state amp or does not sound like anything at all.

Dr. Peppard is a great person to talk with and is happy to make an custom changes - from color to wood to RCA upgrades etc. Imagin you are paying only about $100 above the kit/parts price.

Cheers
Sunil.

So having custom made tips you have no problem with the seal? Is it good when you are on the move, like walking ,working etc,or only when being static, like on a couch or at the computer?

When I used the Atrio the first times, my major drawbacks were with not having an adequate seal, did I loose time with that!!Now this is settle and I enjoy them everyday.
tongue.gif

Yes, I have been continuing my research on those amp and it is definitively on my wish list. (I'll see what my wife says about that!)

Do you do any amp rolling?

Also it is based in Canada, which is good for the ego.
cool.gif

But the design, is it something else or what!! It just looks like this thing sounds so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will need RCA to 1/8 IC for input and output.(Think in future!!)

regards,

Nov 4, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #989 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought 1 pair of Shure E4C yellow foamy from an ebay seller just to try them for I think 1.89$. They turn out to be the best because they isolate like crazy and are comfortable, like the FS foamies. The differences being that they last much longer than the Fs.
I find it frustrating with the Fs foamies: I wear them a few time and they start to disintegrate.
I used the yellows for 1 month about, they are all warped and dry but they still seal. And the bonus with them is that the inside of the yellows just sticks on the stem of the Atrio, and this helps alot with the needed seal.

But this is me and others have others tastes and operating ways...

regards,

Which # did you get on ebay (#120?). I see Shure has three different numbers, 106, 110, 120. Is there a difference? I don't want the largest, need mediums, but they only have the #120s on ebay (and the 110s are on backorder at Shure's site). Just wondered. I can always try the yellow tips as well.

Nov 4, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #990 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which # did you get on ebay (#120?). I see Shure has three different numbers, 106, 110, 120. Is there a difference? I don't want the largest, need mediums, but they only have the #120s on ebay (and the 110s are on backorder at Shure's site). Just wondered. I can always try the yellow tips as well.

Hope this will help you!

The set I bought for testing if it worked with the Atrio as foamies is:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Shure-Foam-Insert...QQcmdZViewItem

Then when I was satisfied this was what I needed I bought this , have not received it yet, and I am pretty sure is the same as the first:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Shure-E1c-E3c-E4c...QQcmdZViewItem

It states EA120, is that what you mean?.

Mind you I have not received the second item yet, so cannot assure you it works and is the same.

regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back