Future Sonics new MG7 Atrios are in stock now!!!
Jan 13, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #106 of 128
Hi Kunlun thanks for your impression. Can't really find more info on this new pair of universal fs atrios. What about your impression of its sound stage? As I have not owned atrios before but only listened to it for like half an hour, I can't really remember how's the sound stage like. Is it more forward sounding and engaging and 'cramp' i.e. tf10 or more laid back,spacious and 3-D like feel i.e. shure scl5 or denon ah c700? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Jan 13, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #107 of 128

Quote:
Hi Kunlun thanks for your impression. What about your impression of its sound stage? As I have not owned atrios before but only listened to it for like half an hour, I can't really remember how's the sound stage like. Is it more forward sounding and engaging and cramp i.e. tf10 or more laid back,spacious and 3-D like feel? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

It was definitely on the more spacious side.

Jan 27, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #111 of 128
My review:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/future-sonics-010-045-atrio-series-m5-earbuds-onyx-black/reviews#4698

I found Rawrster's review didn't match my experience of the sound of the Atrios after burn-in (all respect to Rawrster, though). On the other hand, Joker's review of the first generation Atrios (with a previous driver) was very close to being accurate for the new MG7 Atrios, it's the seventh review here, just add points for treble and build quality and comfort.

My initial experience of the FS Ear Monitor custom is that the sound signature is similar, but more neutral, more smooth, better extended, better detailed--well, you get the idea, but any issues I had with the Atrios sound are just not found in the Ear Monitors, if you like a stage monitor sound signature, the custom Ear Monitors are fantastic and the universal fit Atrios compete with monster turbine pro iems, to my ears.

Jan 28, 2011 at 8:58 AM Post #112 of 128
Just wondering - if the shure olives fit the Atrios, do UM56 fit them also?

Jan 28, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #113 of 128

Quote:
Just wondering - if the shure olives fit the Atrios, do UM56 fit them also?

The Shure Olives fit my V.2 Atrio m5s fine. I'm not sure about the new version, but I'd imagine they are the same. Not sure about UM56.

Jan 28, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #115 of 128

Quote:
Interesting. I quite liked the old Atrios, funny how the new ones are being sold under the same name that is just asking for trouble.

I think the differences are fairly minimal.  There's a new driver, but based on the description of the sound it seems there are only minor performance tweaks.  It would be nice if they did something to differentiate models more than just stating what the driver is...maybe their marketing guys don't realize that new model numbers sell new headphones.

Jan 28, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #116 of 128

Quote:
Quote:
Interesting. I quite liked the old Atrios, funny how the new ones are being sold under the same name that is just asking for trouble.

I think the differences are fairly minimal.  There's a new driver, but based on the description of the sound it seems there are only minor performance tweaks.  It would be nice if they did something to differentiate models more than just stating what the driver is...maybe their marketing guys don't realize that new model numbers sell new headphones.

I can sort of understand their thinking. Some people, including me, have an affinity for the Atrios. I was very excited when I first saw that they were upgraded. In my mind, it was the same IEM that I love, but even better. With a different model, I might have questioned their relationship to the original Atrio m5/m8. I would have at least felt the need to do some research first. I remember when I first saw the FS1 (or whatever they're called). It took some research before I figured out that they aren't as good as the Atrios.

On the other hand, I totally see what you're saying. If they had maybe called them the "Atrio (insert name)", I would have seen the same model, but an obvious update. I would still associate them with my Atrios, but something new and probably improved.

Mar 5, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #117 of 128
I just listened to my Atrios MG7 for the first time today (no burn in). This thing sounds great. They are definitely warm phones but i won't say very warm. I hear the bass (it's goes very low and is well textured) but it's not overpowering. I am using the double flange silicone sleeves that came with the Atrios. My Phonak Perfect Bass Earphones sounds anemic next to the Atrios. The Atrios are way more exciting to listen to. In fact i'm going to sell off the Phonak's. I have untrained ears but very good hearing and so far hasn't experienced any of the problems/imperfections mentioned in the previous posts. One more thing is I can listen at extremely low volumes. Half of the volume of what i used to listen to with the Phonaks. With the Atrios I can feel the bass and with the Phonaks i could only hear it. I think i finally found my earphone that i've been after in the Atrios. 

Mar 5, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #118 of 128

Quote:

That's a familiar looking set-up....see my sig  :)

Actually I'm in the process of upgrading my Atrios...I *think* I've managed to get a great deal on a pair of mg7 Atrios (via http://www.takeitngo.com/index.php, we'll see if this actually pans out) and will compare the differences between the two and then sell one of the pairs.  I'm half tempted to just keep the pair I have and use the credit to get a pair of the Atrio custom sleeves.  Haven't decided yet.

Mar 5, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #119 of 128

Quote:

That's a familiar looking set-up....see my sig  :)

Actually I'm in the process of upgrading my Atrios...I *think* I've managed to get a great deal on a pair of mg7 Atrios (via http://www.takeitngo.com/index.php, we'll see if this actually pans out) and will compare the differences between the two and then sell one of the pairs.  I'm half tempted to just keep the pair I have and use the credit to get a pair of the Atrio custom sleeves.  Haven't decided yet.

If i was in your shoes Bazirker. I would purchase the NEW Atrios and sell off the old one. But in the end its your choice.

Mar 6, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #120 of 128

Quote:
If i was in your shoes Bazirker. I would purchase the NEW Atrios and sell off the old one. But in the end its your choice.

Yeah, you're probably right.  I think that's what I'll do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back