Future Sonics new MG7 Atrios are in stock now!!!
Mar 17, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #123 of 128
I was talking to one of the ladies over  at Future Sonics about how long it will take to receive my SofterWear sleeves. She said about 5 to 7 days and I also asked her if it will fit on future Atrios. She said they're not going to change the nozzle.  She said she just came from a meeting and found out from the meeting today and that for the next generation Atrios they might change the exterior but keep the nozzle since all their accessories fit that nozzle.

Mar 17, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #124 of 128

Quote:
I was talking to one of the ladies over  at Future Sonics about how long it will take to receive my SofterWear sleeves. She said about 5 to 7 days and I also asked her if it will fit on future Atrios. She said they're not going to change the nozzle.  She said she just came from a meeting and found out from the meeting today and that for the next generation Atrios they might change the exterior but keep the nozzle since all their accessories fit that nozzle.

That would be awesome... their shells have needed to be redone for a long time. I would love to see it now, since I was/am considering picking up a pair of Atrios again with the reports of such improved treble. I'm still a little wary of the descriptions of lingering narrowish soundstage though. I wonder if an updated shape would create different acoustic reverberation, and possibly alter the sound characteristic somewhat. 

Mar 17, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #125 of 128

Quote:

That would be awesome... their shells have needed to be redone for a long time. I would love to see it now, since I was/am considering picking up a pair of Atrios again with the reports of such improved treble. I'm still a little wary of the descriptions of lingering narrowish soundstage though. I wonder if an updated shape would create different acoustic reverberation, and possibly alter the sound characteristic somewhat. 

Functionally, I actually really enjoy the Atrio's shells.  They're comfortable (even though the tips aren't), lightweight and can easily accomodate both over-ear and straight-down cable styles.  It'll be interesting to see what they come up with, especially if it changes the acoustics!

Mar 17, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #126 of 128
I actually have nothing against the exterior of the current Atrios. I actually like the looks. I like how it's made of lightweight heavy duty plastic and a good rubber strain relief. The current exterior is very ergonomic and easy to handle. It's very easy on the ears with the exception of the eartips that come with the Atrios. Now I do wish the Atrios came with a better selection of eartips. Also brown, i never like that color for an earphone. I wish they would choose a color like lime green instead. Otherwise besides the brown color and selection of tips I'm fine with the current Atrios.

Mar 17, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #127 of 128

Quote:
I actually have nothing against the exterior of the current Atrios. I actually like the looks. I like how it's made of lightweight heavy duty plastic and a good rubber strain relief. The current exterior is very ergonomic and easy to handle. It's very easy on the ears with the exception of the eartips that come with the Atrios. Now I do wish the Atrios came with a better selection of eartips. Also brown, i never like that color for an earphone. I wish they would choose a color like lime green instead. Otherwise besides the brown color and selection of tips I'm fine with the current Atrios.

I can't decide what I think about the brown Atrios.  I think Confispect has some and said he likes their looks.  I've got blue, which is less plain than the black but still has a dash of color.  I guess I need to see em in person.

Mar 18, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #128 of 128
I do indeed like the brown ones the best. I thought they'd be darker but there not. I was under the impression this is the one everyone was getting. Also contrary to what some are saying the soundstage is not small nor cramped to me. Buy the Atrio Mg7 to compare to your Ex1000 if not for me for yourself :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back