Future Sonics new MG7 Atrios are in stock now!!!
Nov 19, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #91 of 128
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsfN_PIq-w4 
Tony Lindsay--the lead singer of SANTANA drops by the Loudville Studio wearing a pair of Red Atrios to record a version of the California Live Mic theme with Mark Keller

Nov 26, 2010 at 9:09 AM Post #92 of 128

Quote:
Quote:
So...does it look like we'll get a direct comparison between the older and new Atrios?

Not sure. Someone was going to send me a pair of old Atrios from Canada, which should have arrived today or yesterday. Maybe I'll get something tomorrow? Or not.

Honestly, joker's review of v1 is, with some improvements to build and comfort, pretty much what I'm hearing now. I'll be interested to see if there is an audible difference in the treble. The new custom drivers have a boosted treble response and punchier bass compared to the previous driver customs, according to a pro sound engineer I emailed. I wonder if the Atrios are similar.

One thing though: ClieOS was right, these have definitely improved since first listen.

Ever get a chance to hear those old Atrios in comparison?  I imagine you've had to send your demo pair back by now, any final comments?

Nov 26, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #93 of 128

Quote:
I updated my post with listening impressions. I think you will need to wait for another model to be released for a top tier or very good earphone. I'm not that impressed really.

Thank You Very Much for your listening impressions. I wanted one of these really bad but your impressions seems to be true from what i've read about previous Atrios models.

Nov 26, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #94 of 128

aa:
Ever get a chance to hear those old Atrios in comparison?  I imagine you've had to send your demo pair back by now, any final comments?

No, I think these are capable and enjoyable earphones if you like the sound signature.

Here is my Amazon review.

I like the greater balance of my coppers, but the differences are actually fairly small. With just a bit of EQ, the Atrios are great. It seems like FS is moving to a slightly less dark sound and I'll test that out soon. The audiologist I'm going to has the old Atrios. I'll hear his pair on wednesday.

Talking to Marty Garcia was really interesting. If a person is really interested in FS customs, I'd recommend talking to him or David Gray, the customer service rep. FS definitely has its own philosophy of sound and engineering. 

Dec 1, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #95 of 128
@ Kunlun - did you manage to compare the new Atrios with the old ones?

Dec 1, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #96 of 128
I'm curious about these but I'm also curious about there customs...Kind of old though.

Dec 2, 2010 at 10:37 AM Post #98 of 128

Quote:
@ Kunlun - did you manage to compare the new Atrios with the old ones?

Yes! See Below.

Quote:
I'm curious about these but I'm also curious about there customs...Kind of old though.

Wrong, except in the sense that the original Future Sonics Ear Monitors were the first ever custom in-ear monitors.

The new MG6pro driver is has only been out for a few months. It's newer than the JH13 and JH16, for example, so you should definitely avoid those if something that's only a few months old is too old for you.

Quote:
hey guys, how is the old atrios as compared to the new atrios?

The new atrios have a bit more punch to the bass and the treble is better extended and a bit boosted (while still remaining quite natural).

Dec 2, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #99 of 128

Quote:

Wrong, except in the sense that the original Future Sonics Ear Monitors were the first ever custom in-ear monitors.

The new MG6pro driver is has only been out for a few months. It's newer than the JH13 and JH16, for example, so you should definitely avoid those if something that's only a few months old is too old for you.

I was talking strictly customs MG6pro driver or the one before it, I see the MG6 is new the MG5 is not.....anyhow yes I will avoid anything that hasn't came out yesterday. 
biggrin.gif
 I like me stuff brand NEW lol anyhow, liked your review superb. Makes me wanna check these out especially the extended treble that still stays natural oh boy.

Dec 2, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #100 of 128

Quote:

Quote:

I was talking strictly customs MG6pro driver or the one before it, I see the MG6 is new the MG5 is not.....anyhow yes I will avoid anything that hasn't came out yesterday. 
biggrin.gif
 I like me stuff brand NEW lol anyhow, liked your review superb. Makes me wanna check these out especially the extended treble that still stays natural oh boy.

Ha, actually it's a little confusing.

Universals, Atrios:
Old=Mg5 
New=Mg7

Customs, Ear Monitors
Old=MG4pro
New=MG6pro

Just to make it more confusing, FS is offering the new Atrios mg7 driver in a custom form which they are calling the MG5pro (musicians were asking for this option).

Dec 2, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #101 of 128
I know these just came out. If I wait a while say 6-8 months will the prices drop or do they have specials?

Dec 2, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #102 of 128

Quote:
I know these just came out. If I wait a while say 6-8 months will the prices drop or do they have specials?

You just missed all the specials for black monday/digital friday or whatever the f they call it.  They had a variety of deals ranging from $30 to $50 off.  In general, Atrio prices are constant, at least directly from Future Sonics (which is the only real way you can guarantee that you're getting the new mg7 drivers if you order anytime soon.)

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #103 of 128

Quote:
Quote:

You just missed all the specials for black monday/digital friday or whatever the f they call it.  They had a variety of deals ranging from $30 to $50 off.  In general, Atrio prices are constant, at least directly from Future Sonics (which is the only real way you can guarantee that you're getting the new mg7 drivers if you order anytime soon.)

X2. They are really super new. I got my demo pair pretty much the moment Future Sonics got in a shipment to their headquarters.

Now that I've sent mine back, I miss them. While they have a stage monitor sound (the chief audio engineer for the Country Music Awards show recommended Atrios to me), they are pretty engaging, too.

Dec 3, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #104 of 128
You can also try at Mike's from FreqCity Sound. He's an upright guy and he sells the new atrios for 179$.

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #105 of 128

Quote:
Quote:

That is extremely messed up....not much of a price drop but enough. I think I have itchy fingers....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back