Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Jul 25, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #961 of 1,216
Quote:
Same here...I rotate through my headphones pretty regularly

Although I do have my favorites, I also feel the need to rotate through most of my phones regularly.  I don't want my babies to feel lonely 
o2smile.gif

Jul 25, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #962 of 1,216
Quote:
Although I do have my favorites, I also feel the need to rotate through most of my phones regularly.  I don't want my babies to feel lonely 
o2smile.gif

LOL, amen to that...headphone neglect is a terrible thing! 

Jul 28, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #966 of 1,216
medium stock double flange work best for me, i tried using sony hybrid over some thin stems to make them fit, and while i find them to be more comfortable than the stocks, they don't give the best sound. With the double flange stock tips, i feel i get that superb bass sound at its best

Jul 28, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #968 of 1,216
Like, I'm just using the normal double flanged tips but I wear them looped up and over the top of my ear instead of dangling down.

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #972 of 1,216
Is anyone there who have both FX700 as well as Atrio MG7. Please compare both of them in bass, mids, treble, soundstage, imaging. Any help will be appreciated.

TIA :)

Firstly I'd like to say I'm a huge fan of the Atrio, the M5 first purchase I made after joining Head-fi.org and still got them now and I recently got the MG7 but the FX700 blow them out other water, bass is the best textured I've ever heard that goes for headphones aswell, treble is beautiful and sparkly mids are lush and natural although a bit forward for my liking and the soundstage is massive. Seriously no contest at all.

Aug 4, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #973 of 1,216
Quote:
Firstly I'd like to say I'm a huge fan of the Atrio, the M5 first purchase I made after joining Head-fi.org and still got them now and I recently got the MG7 but the FX700 blow them out other water, bass is the best textured I've ever heard that goes for headphones aswell, treble is beautiful and sparkly mids are lush and natural although a bit forward for my liking and the soundstage is massive. Seriously no contest at all.

yea but i doent isolate as well does it?

there always a trade off

Aug 4, 2012 at 5:32 AM Post #974 of 1,216
Yeah there's no doubting that but the lack of isolation on the FX-700 is massively over hyped, it's not that bad at all imo.

Aug 8, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #975 of 1,216
I think I'm officially done with looking for an IEM that I like better than my Atrios. I must have tried close to 50 different sets over the last year and I always end up going back to them. They just sound so natural to me. Just bought a set of the Atrio X Mobile with the mic to use with my phone while at work. I'm curious to hear the difference between the MG7 and MG5 drivers. MG6 Pros should be within financial reach by the end of the year. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back