Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Jul 20, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #946 of 1,216
well bad news my atrios broke :frowning2: leaft side stopped working for some reson

well at leats i have warrenty hope they dont change the pair as then i have to burn them in again :frowning2:

Jul 20, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #947 of 1,216
Quote:
well bad news my atrios broke :frowning2: leaft side stopped working for some reson

well at leats i have warrenty hope they dont change the pair as then i have to burn them in again :frowning2:

I'm confident they'll take proper care of you...hopefully you'll be back up and running in no time! 

Jul 20, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #948 of 1,216
well i found out the problam the wire in the leaft ear has broken all it needs is a bit of resolding and be done with i could do it myself if i could open it but i have no idea how.....

Jul 20, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #949 of 1,216
That is troubling.  I had to send mine back for repairs a few months ago for the same reason...that was after just a few weeks of owning them. And I am very gentle on my iems.....honestly!

Jul 20, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #950 of 1,216
the build quilty is pretty bad....

sound is unbelivable

it cant be perfect

Jul 20, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #951 of 1,216
Agreed.  It is worth the risk for the $110 I paid for them. 

Jul 20, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #952 of 1,216
I got a bit scissor-happy cutting the top flange, and cut a hole in the lower flange, rendering it useless. 

So...does anyone have a large biflange tip they're not using willing to let it go (for sale or trade)?  I've got the small and mediums that never been touched.

BTW, if anyone needs a small or medium, let me know.

I can stick them in an envelope and send them out, as long as you're Continental United States.

Cheers.

(I was going to buy them from the Future Sonics site, but the price, including shipping, for a few (don't remember how many pairs) was, like, $25.  Can't stomach paying that much for IEM tips and couldn't find anyone else selling them.)

Thanks.

Edit:  Mediums are gone.  The smalls are still available, if anyone wants them.

Edit 2:  The smalls are now gone, too.

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #953 of 1,216
Large? I think so. Let me check. If I still got 'em they're all yours. Not like I'm ever gonna use 'em.

UPDATE: Yep. Here they are. Lemme know where to send.

Jul 24, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #955 of 1,216
As a lot of the regulars might know I've been all about the R-50 ever since I got them but this last week or so I've gone back to listen to some of my other IEM's including the MG7.  These are still one of my favorite IEM's with their amazing bass response, the detailed monitor like mids and highs (which sound even better with a little EQ'ing) and I've always thought the soundstage was better then a lot of people make them out to be (especially listening to them through my Pantech Burst which give the soundstage a good amount of width and depth).  One of the best IEM's under $250 for hip hop and edm and has the best bass out of any IEM I've heard and even a lot of cans to.

Jul 25, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #956 of 1,216
Quote:
As a lot of the regulars might know I've been all about the R-50 ever since I got them but this last week or so I've gone back to listen to some of my other IEM's including the MG7.  These are still one of my favorite IEM's with their amazing bass response, the detailed monitor like mids and highs (which sound even better with a little EQ'ing) and I've always thought the soundstage was better then a lot of people make them out to be (especially listening to them through my Pantech Burst which give the soundstage a good amount of width and depth).  One of the best IEM's under $250 for hip hop and edm and has the best bass out of any IEM I've heard and even a lot of cans to.

Nice...clearly there are better IEMs out there, but for the price of these little guys, especially after the head-fi coupon, it's really hard for me to imagine someone not being impressed by them. I'm not a bass head at all, mainly because headphones and IEMs that bass heads seem to enjoy end up sounding very muddy and bloated to me in the low end. But the Atrios manage to have very ample bass while also sounding very crisp and clean...it's almost addicting! I usually will prefer full size headphones to IEMs due to comfort, but with the Comply tips on these things, they don't need to go into my ears very far at all and they remain very comfortable for longer listening sessions. 

Jul 25, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #957 of 1,216
The Futer sonic support team is One of the best services i have ever used, better then dell coupter support or anything at all better then apple support WOW 10/10 for them getting a new pair shipped to me soon

they respond realy fast very happy with them makes me want to buy the mg6 pro if i get this type of service

:frowning2: still have to burn them in again :frowning2:

Jul 25, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #958 of 1,216
Quote:
The Futer sonic support team is One of the best services i have ever used, better then dell coupter support or anything at all better then apple support WOW 10/10 for them getting a new pair shipped to me soon

they respond realy fast very happy with them makes me want to buy the mg6 pro if i get this type of service

:frowning2: still have to burn them in again :frowning2:

Glad they took such great care of you!

Jul 25, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #959 of 1,216
Quote:
But the Atrios manage to have very ample bass while also sounding very crisp and clean...it's almost addicting! 

I agree.  The Atrio's are not my favorite IEMs... but if I go too long without listening to them, I go through withdrawal.

Jul 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #960 of 1,216
Quote:
I agree.  The Atrio's are not my favorite IEMs... but if I go too long without listening to them, I go through withdrawal.

Same here...I rotate through my headphones pretty regularly, but when I get the urge to fire up the Atrios with some Deadmau5 or Massive Attack, especially if I'm using my ZO2 to amp them, I need to scratch that itch :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back