Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Jul 8, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #931 of 1,216
Quote:
All I had to do was flip them upside down for an over the ear fit and they instantly turned into godly drivers. I bought a Fiio e11 off another HF'er and it'll be in the mail on Monday, I am SUPER stoked. 

I have no doubt there are "better" headphones, but I cannot possibly imagine what else I need in 'em.

The E11 is one of my favorite audio purchases and it does a great job with the Atrios. 

And trust me, if your focus is more on the music than anything else, these little Atrios will be all you need. They are comfortable, they sound great, and they can work in any application. I have headphones that cost multiples of what these little guys cost, and they have some advantages over them but I can't say they are any more enjoyable in terms of just kicking back and listening to some good tunes. 

Jul 8, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #932 of 1,216
Quote:
The Atrios are a great earphone. They really give me the organic sound that comes out of a good turn table. Yes it packs a lot of sub bass but its mids and highs are wonderful. Getting them in your ear correctly is very important and not always easy to do. My pair is 5 years old and they still working great.

Wow, 5 years old? That makes me feel even better about mine since I just purchased them a few months ago. 

Jul 9, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #933 of 1,216
Quote:
Well, flip.  My Atrios came in, and I'm a bit disappointed.  The bass is great, mids are great, but the highs... yuck... it sounds like there's a huge 1k-2k hump.  There's not much sparkle in these things at all.  Am I missing something here?  Granted, my only reference is my HD-650s (or some really old AKGs I have laying around... those don't really count :) ), but I'm not real happy at the moment.

Do you guys have any recommendations?

I'm only driving these with my laptop at the moment, so it could be part of the issue.  I'm going to transfer some music over to my phone and give it a shot just to compare.

Maybe Etys would be more my style.

Brandon

burn them in and that hump will magicaly disapper :)

also get the molds they make the soundstage unbelviable

e11 if you want more extention and punch

Jul 9, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #934 of 1,216
Quote:
burn them in and that hump will magicaly disapper :)

also get the molds they make the soundstage unbelviable

e11 if you want more extention and punch

I think this is exactly what I'm experiencing.  :)  The longer I listen, the sweeter they're getting.  And I've used my 650s as a reference to make sure it wasn't my brain changing my perception.  :D  LOVE these things now!!!!

I don't think the soundstage is too bad on these, so I'd love to hear it even better.  The molds are definitely on my list.  I need to get my ears cleaned, anyway, so a trip to the audiologist wouldn't be bad.  Being in Nashville, there is an overabundance of audiologists who do molds.  :)  I'm going to try to find someone who will keep my molds on "file" for future purchases.

I will definitely have to look into an e11.  Extension is why I bought these (for some dubstep) and punch is always good.  I told me wife I've never had anything rattle my brain quite like these little things have.  I think she got a little jealous.  :D

Brandon

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #935 of 1,216
Is anyone there who have both FX700 as well as Atrio MG7. Please compare both of them in bass, mids, treble, soundstage, imaging. Any help will be appreciated.

TIA :)

Jul 12, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #936 of 1,216
Got my e11 in today. Holy HELL what a difference. Even with it in low power, low gain, no boost mode it just SHINES. In fact, I'd say that's where it sounds best because the sub-bass is present but not pushed into the forefront. In a lot of cases, you don't need "loud" sub-bass, the problem is just that the low freqs aren't showing up so they pump the EQ so what IS there gets shoved up extra high, leaving the sound unnatural. Not so in this case.

Jul 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #938 of 1,216
Quote:
Got my e11 in today. Holy HELL what a difference. Even with it in low power, low gain, no boost mode it just SHINES. In fact, I'd say that's where it sounds best because the sub-bass is present but not pushed into the forefront. In a lot of cases, you don't need "loud" sub-bass, the problem is just that the low freqs aren't showing up so they pump the EQ so what IS there gets shoved up extra high, leaving the sound unnatural. Not so in this case.

My e11 is charging right now. Just got it out of the mailbox. Can't wait to plug my Atrios in.

Jul 12, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #939 of 1,216
Were you guy surprised to see how small the E11 was? For some reason it looked larger to me when I saw the pics, but it's SO small. The ZO2 is even smaller, so I love having my little portable amps charged and ready to roll. So easy to get awesome sound on the move these days, I can't get over it! 

Jul 12, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #940 of 1,216
The size is what I expected. I saw a picture of one strapped to an iphone 4 and thats what I use. Still carging.

Jul 12, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #941 of 1,216
I was actually surprised by how LIGHT it is. It feels almost "cheap". But it's so friggin' beefy I got nothing to complain about. I'm not really planning on using it as a portable amp, the only time I'm really out and about listening to music I'm in my car listening via BT. But for sitting on the couch with my laptop, this is sublime. I'm not even using the bass boost or hi gain.

Jul 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #942 of 1,216
Quote:
I was actually surprised by how LIGHT it is. It feels almost "cheap". But it's so friggin' beefy I got nothing to complain about. I'm not really planning on using it as a portable amp, the only time I'm really out and about listening to music I'm in my car listeninIg via BT. But for sitting on the couch with my laptop, this is sublime. I'm not even using the bass boost or hi gain.

It really is amazingly light...the level of buyer satisfaction on this thing is through the roof. I bought my ZO to play around with as well, and I've dabbled with the idea of picking up a Meier 2Stepdance, but that usually stays pretty low on the priority list since I get such satisfaction out of this E11. The ZO doesn't match well with my Grados, so I always use the Fiio for that and it really makes them sound great. It's quite the potent little amp and a tremendous bargin. 

Jul 14, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #943 of 1,216
This is my dream combo, honestly. I'm mostly metal/rap, so having a full freq range with power and clarity is just what I want, and as I sit blasting the newest Kraanium album through MOG at 320kbps I'm just in awe of the pair. 

Jul 14, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #944 of 1,216
Agree 100%. These Atrios sound great with evereything. Add with the e11 and it's unreal. I think I just might have to get a pair of mg6 pros now. So far, Future Sonics' house sound is my favorite. No need for any EQ adjustments.

Jul 14, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #945 of 1,216
Quote:
Agree 100%. These Atrios sound great with evereything. Add in the e11 and it's unreal. I think I just might have to get a pair of mg6 pros now. So far, Future Sonics' house sound is my favorite. No need for any EQ adjustments.

If you love the Atrios, you'll find the MG6Pro are an awesome way to go for an upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back