Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc.
Jan 6, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #676 of 1,040
I received my Fulla for two days. 

1. The concern surrounding the sharp edges were real: when you turn the volume knob, your finger tips will cut directly against the unpolished metal edges (in red below)  

2. The shipped 6 inch USB to mini USB cable is not great, and prone to picking up electronic interferences in your environment. I was trying with my Etymotic ER4S and I can noise clearly, and rid of the noise after replacing the dingle cable. 

3. Great sound, otherwise, as reported by other members. 

Jan 6, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #678 of 1,040
Do you HAVE to use the volume knob or you can set it to a certain point and change the volume through the windows volume control?

Jan 6, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #679 of 1,040
Do you HAVE to use the volume knob or you can set it to a certain point and change the volume through the windows volume control?

On OSX it disables system audio output. You can control inside a program, however. I'd assume Windows is similar. I find it very easy/fun to use the volume knob.

Jan 6, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #680 of 1,040

On OSX it disables system audio output. You can control inside a program, however. I'd assume Windows is similar. I find it very easy/fun to use the volume knob.

The reason it'll do this is to prevent bit truncation/loss due to people setting the volume down lower on the computer side of things.

Personally I don't have any particular issue using the volume knob, although I do note that after the first couple of times where my fingers brushed those rather sharpish metal edges I am fairly careful about how I use the volume knob.

Jan 6, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #681 of 1,040
Been using the fulla for a few weeks now with no issues turning the knob

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #683 of 1,040
  I was under the impression that it's always better to leave the windows volume at max and use the pot on the device?
Could be wrong tho. 

What's holding me back with the Fulla is the usability. If the volume knob is difficult to use, I dont want to be frustrated with it at all times. Considering a Magni 2/Modi 2 Combo.. but not sure if its worth the increase in the price, SQ and aesthetics wise. Also, how powerful is the combo compared to the fulla? if in the future I intend to buy 600ohm headphones, would the fulla be able to drive them or the combo will be better?

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #686 of 1,040
Jan 7, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #688 of 1,040
I am 
  I have a separate power supply and correct OTG cable

power supply - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005QILJ74?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
OTG  cable - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171549957883?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

as I live in England I always have a jacket on so planned to put in breast pocket... but need to know it won't move volume up randomly and blow my ears out!

I am not sure I understand - how are you going to use that power source with the fulla- doesn't it just hold a charge (battery) that is used to recharge /power a phone or device? How are you going to use it to power the fulla and pass along the signal? Does it allow you to somehow connect a usb otg cable in and then pass along that signal and power to a usb out line???

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #689 of 1,040
  I have a separate power supply and correct OTG cable

power supply - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005QILJ74?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
OTG  cable - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171549957883?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

as I live in England I always have a jacket on so planned to put in breast pocket... but need to know it won't move volume up randomly and blow my ears out!

Carefully wrap some gaffers tape around it once you have the volume set where you want it. Then it assuredly won't move. Use real gaffers tape, not some other cheap tape. The good stuff won't leave a residue when removed. Don't leave a given piece of tape on for more than a day or it too may deteriorate and leave residue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back