Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc.
Oct 8, 2014 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,040

Gilly87

Member of the Trade: ApeSonic
Looks like a real winner from Schiit, potentially...I'm very curious about how it will compare to the HRT microSteamer, Meridian Explorer, AudioQuest Dragonfly, Geek Out, etc. The price point is half or less of most of the competition out there; the only similar product in the same price range, to my knowledge, is the SMSL Fort, which is a solid product, but definitely not on par with the others listed. If the Fulla can compete with the nicer offerings, or even split the difference, it could be a game changer, especially if it's compatible with iOS/Android.

I'm really excited about these products: they make the world of audiophilia both more convenient and accessible for folks who would otherwise be stuck with their onboard PC/phone sound as a source. If anyone knows anything, share the knowledge!

Oct 9, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #4 of 1,040

I think Jude said it would be $79, which really makes it a great price to complement to any desktop rig/laptop.The size is much smaller than I expected based on the picture. About 6 months ago I probably would have grabbed this thing for a portable USB DAC, but splurged on a Fiio X5 for it's USB DAC feature. 

Oct 9, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #6 of 1,040
It looks like its Fulla Schiit (
tongue.gif
can't help it). Follow it up with one called Enyapans cause it fits inside your pants.

Oct 9, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #7 of 1,040
Soooo getting one the second it comes out!!! 
L3000.gif

Oct 9, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #8 of 1,040
I'm down with this..
I like Schiit as a company, but I have no desire to buy anything that needs mains power. This on the other hand.
It also looks small enough that It's not going to annoying in my laptop bag.

I may even pair it with their super sweet audiophile grade USB cable, mainly because of their ad copy:

USB PYSTThis is the complete redefinition of USB cables. It actually, physically transports you* into an alternate universe where superbly-mastered, 24/192 music streams 24/7, free of charge to all listeners, for all genres. Supermodels in this alternate world are all deeply into high-end audio, and will beg to go out with you. Butterflies swirl in fantastic colors over clean-lined porcelain cityscapes, everyone is a millionaire, and flying cars run on air. It's a beautiful place to be! 

*Or not. It may have been a hallucination. USB PYSTs are actually just nice, 1M long, USB 2.0-rated cables that have thicker than normal power conductors and silver-plated copper data lines. We think the electrons like silver better, or something. Or not. 

In any case, you can get PYST, or you can save some money at Monoprice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back