Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc.
Jan 9, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #706 of 1,040
  I have a separate power supply and correct OTG cable

power supply - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005QILJ74?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
OTG  cable - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171549957883?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

as I live in England I always have a jacket on so planned to put in breast pocket... but need to know it won't move volume up randomly and blow my ears out!

A Dragonfly is about $150- American, wouldn't that be better than carrying all that other equipment around with the Fulla ?
atomicbob measured 96 degrees Fahrenheit for the Fulla, I measured 36 degrees Celsius that's about  98 degrees Fahrenheit a little warmer than atomicbob but I'm in the sub-tropics
To produce that heat all the time takes power, it was not designed to be a portable amp/dac !

Jan 9, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #707 of 1,040

Don't be put off the Fulla by comments about 'sharp edges' it would only be a problem if you are going to turn the volume control with your lips or tongue but for most of us it's not a problem
If you want a luxury item you pay a luxury price, the Fulla is a drop dead bargain, I can live with a few tiny imperfections

Jan 9, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #708 of 1,040
  If you want a luxury item you pay a luxury price, the Fulla is a drop dead bargain, I can live with a few tiny imperfections

+1

However, I'm going to wait until Schiit comes out with the Fulla v.2, and stick with my FiiO for now.  The Fulla with all the wrinkles ironed out will be an awesome product worth waiting for.

Allen

Jan 9, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #709 of 1,040
Has anyone accidentally cut themselves so far? 
popcorn.gif

Jan 9, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #710 of 1,040
A Dragonfly is about $150- American, wouldn't that be better than carrying all that other equipment around with the Fulla ?
atomicbob measured 96 degrees Fahrenheit for the Fulla, I measured 36 degrees Celsius that's about  98 degrees Fahrenheit a little warmer than atomicbob but I'm in the sub-tropics
To produce that heat all the time takes power, it was not designed to be a portable amp/dac !

Well I tried using a USB OTG Y-cable and power source with my Note 4 and Shield Tablet and it still doesn't work, it appears to actually require a powered hub (which I also tested and is working). Not suitable for portable use, the Dragonfly, which I also have is indeed a much better solution for this application.

Jan 10, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #714 of 1,040
The Schiit team ships products out fairly quickly so I usually just order them from them so I wouldn't be concerned if I was you.  And believe me I use Amazon for everything so just wanted you to know they do a great job and their shipping isn't too bad price wise.

Jan 10, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #715 of 1,040
Just asking, but has anyone here compared the Fulla with the D-Zero MK2 yet? If so, how did it turn out?

Jan 11, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #716 of 1,040
can anyone suggest a dac that sounds better than schiit fulla? does jds labs c5d sound better than schiit fulla?

Jan 11, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #717 of 1,040
  can anyone suggest a dac that sounds better than schiit fulla? does jds labs c5d sound better than schiit fulla?

This is kind of a silly question. The Fulla is $79. The C5D is $249, which is 3X as much so they're not even in the same price tier, and at around that price you can get the Magni 2/Modi 2 combo. I don't own the C5D, so I can't compare their quality. I do know that Schiit stated on their website that keeping the Fulla a very simple device in both design and features and selling it only on their site (for now) allows them to keep the price down very low, and that competitors would sell DAC/AMPS at a much higher price for the same quality. I highly recommend the Fulla for the price and its portability.

Jan 12, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #719 of 1,040
Got it last week, this is my first amp (dac/amp combo) ever, i connect it to my pc and laptops to drive Audiotechnica m50s.

I find i never ever have to go over 50-60% power with this thing, on laptops it wasnt uncommon to go full 100% and even use software amplifiers in some cases.

It is sharp edged around the aluminum casing. I removed 2 screwed in the back, took out the casing and filed the edges down with a piece of sand paper. its so thin, only takes a few seconds per side/corner and now its very smooth. No idea why they didnt do it in the first place.

My only problem now is figuring out how to make it work with an iphone (i have 5S on ios 8.1.2). I have a portable usb battery, and a DIY usb Y cable. I have tried all types of solering combinations in the cable,but i just cannot figure out hot to make iphone see Fulla. Closest i got is "this device may not be supported".

Anyone had luck with a usb power bank and a usb splitter? Which wiring is needed in the usb splitter?

Jan 12, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #720 of 1,040
I think I found the solution to the "going mobile" problem!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/281229007052
It's basically a 1 port USB hub. I'll update when they arrive (from China), but I think I should be able to trick my phone (iPhone 5S) into talking to the Fulla. 

/Battery or 5v power
The chain will be: iPhone---CCK---Comfast---Y cable---
                                                                                \Fulla

Users who are viewing this thread

Back