Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
Apr 8, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #631 of 867
Audiologist says I can bring them in tomorrow, awesome. Maybe I'm overly paranoid and my ears are just crap shape-wise. The C4s sound-wise, seem to meet my expectations.  Bowie's "Space Oddity" and Gin Blossoms' "Til I Hear it From You" were great.

Apr 8, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #632 of 867
Just got mine... playing a bunch of songs to see how they fare.

Gotta say tho, the cord is a little short after the Y-split. And my pair is black lol. What happened to the diesel? XD

Well, its okay b/c it looks great.

Apr 8, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #633 of 867
Quote:
Just got mine... playing a bunch of songs to see how they fare.

Gotta say tho, the cord is a little short after the Y-split. And my pair is black lol. What happened to the diesel? XD

Well, its okay b/c it looks great.

Pics Please!!  Mahalo!

Apr 8, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #634 of 867
Gotcha mate... lol its literally black.

In any case, fit is great, sound is great. I wasn't blown away, but I am pretty impressed with them on the whole (even more so with imaging/placement). I'd say I got what I expected. :)

Apr 8, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #635 of 867
Glad to see hype expectations were met, although not exceeded.

Apr 9, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #637 of 867
Quote:
Lol for once, the hype wasn't off the mark... *cough* Heir 4.Ai *cough*

Heh. Be careful with what you say. Things can get quite "passionate" on these forums 
size]

Apr 9, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #638 of 867
They look great!  Hmmm... ya they look more black.  
Quote:

In any case, fit is great, sound is great. I wasn't blown away, but I am pretty impressed with them on the whole (even more so with imaging/placement). I'd say I got what I expected. :)

Apr 9, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #639 of 867
I won't say I'm not blown away, - they do a few things pretty great (soundstage/imaging).  I did expect abit more, but I'm happy with what I have! 

Not being used to the seal/isolation I though I had poor fit at first - got used to it after a few tries...pretty awesome.  Bass is something to get used to.
Quote:

That aside, looks like when I'm out at sea, i'll have something to enjoy!

Apr 9, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #640 of 867
What d you mean bass is "something to get used to"?  Is it not enough for you or too much?  
Quote:
I won't say I'm not blown away, - they do a few things pretty great (soundstage/imaging).  I did expect abit more, but I'm happy with what I have! 

Not being used to the seal/isolation I though I had poor fit at first - got used to it after a few tries...pretty awesome.  Bass is something to get used to.

That aside, looks like when I'm out at sea, i'll have something to enjoy!

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #642 of 867
In regards to fit, how are they supposed to feel? My left piece appears too loose, and will break seal if I tilt my head back too much (I.e. 45 degrees). Touching the cable protruding from that piece also causes it to almost pop out. But it could be that the right piece is just overly tight. (Which I guess I prefer in this case)

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #643 of 867
It's supposed to feel comfortable in your ears - it might feel a bit alien when you are inserting them, but if the fit is good you should be able to forget you're wearing them after a while if you're doing other things.

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #644 of 867
The left piece seems to move too much, breaking immersion. I don't experience pain or anything though.

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #645 of 867
If your audiologist has some experience in the field of CIEMs, they'll be able to tell when the issue is fit. If it's really bugging you, best to get that peace of mind.

Hopefully they don't charge you for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back