Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
Apr 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #646 of 867
I have an appointment with the audiologist today, hopefully he can give me a definitive nay or yeah. He may charge me for a new set of impressions, but they're not particularly expensive to begin with.

Apr 9, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #647 of 867
Is it just me, or are the C4's a little unforgiving? Some of my music files sound less awesome, and some more so.

Apr 9, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #648 of 867
They pick up on bad recordings. There were tracks where I noticed ringing that I'd never heard before, it was particularly bad with in-ears.

Apr 9, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #650 of 867
Came back from audiologist. He says they both appear acceptable, though he can understand why I'd consider the left piece a bit loose. We did a new impression for the left, and he recommends giving it a few days before making a decision whether to send them in.

EDIT: Now I'm wondering if the right piece is too tight. Will give a week.

Apr 9, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #651 of 867
Quote:
Came back from audiologist. He says they both appear acceptable, though he can understand why I'd consider the left piece a bit loose. We did a new impression for the left, and he recommends giving it a few days before making a decision whether to send them in.

EDIT: Now I'm wondering if the right piece is too tight. Will give a week.

is this your 1st CIEM? if so then you are experiencing the same thing as i did when i got my Miracle, i thought that i would need a refit and was mad, less than one week and i am so used to them :p 

Apr 9, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #653 of 867
Every time I read a thread like this I feel so lucky. I've gotten three CIEMs, and each one has had an excellent fit. My AS2s are a little bulkier, and don't extend and quite as far. My V3s and my C4s are almost identical.

Apr 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #654 of 867
My 1st, though I've universal IEMs, and my ears are definitely... odd. Left canal is narrower but long, right is wider but shallow. Makes everything very uncomfortable and confusing.

EDIT: IF I jog, I can feel the left piece's canal portion bouncing up and down with ease. Normal?

Apr 9, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #656 of 867
Yeah, I suspect they are legit loose. I'll give it a few days, then if one/both sides still feels off, I'll get an impression of the right ear done (already have a left) and send them in. At worse, I'll be out a handful of dead Jeffersons and the same fit as now. Better than wondering "what if".

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #657 of 867
... a handful of dead Jeffersons...

Dead Jeffersons? Nickels?

More like some Jacksons, right?

Seriously, sorry for your bad luck.

Apr 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #658 of 867
I keep numerous nickel sacks at hand for the inevitable zombie uprising. I'm hoping that I get used to it enough to not need a refit.

I did see a prominent (hairline?) scratch on the face of the right ear piece. I know such things are expected, and I can never know when or how it occurred, but the scratch irks me. These bastards are super durable right?

Apr 10, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #659 of 867
I keep numerous nickel sacks at hand for the inevitable zombie uprising. I'm hoping that I get used to it enough to not need a refit.

I did see a prominent (hairline?) scratch on the face of the right ear piece. I know such things are expected, and I can never know when or how it occurred, but the scratch irks me. These bastards are super durable right?

On the contrary, they aren't exactly the best things to go banging around.

Apr 10, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #660 of 867
....These bastards are super durable right?

Well, I wouldn't drop them onto a hard surface or smack them with a hammer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back