Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
Apr 5, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #616 of 867
Thanks for the info  Marleybob217, I appreciate your detailed reply.  I'm going to listen to the Clip+ before taking my next step.  At this point I feel it doesn't have to be ideal but only show the F111s and C4s well enough to make a fair comparison.  If I do decide to get another DAP I'll be looking for recommendations from people who have both the C4 and the DAP (and hopefully listen primarily to classical music!).

O.

Apr 6, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #618 of 867
So my C4s have arrived! Sound checks all seem ok. Fit so far is really good, isolation great.

Starting with the music... Will be a few hours/days... :p

Congratz. Im glad you didn't have fit issues like me!

Apr 6, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #619 of 867
Quote:
Thanks for the info  Marleybob217, I appreciate your detailed reply.  I'm going to listen to the Clip+ before taking my next step.  At this point I feel it doesn't have to be ideal but only show the F111s and C4s well enough to make a fair comparison.  If I do decide to get another DAP I'll be looking for recommendations from people who have both the C4 and the DAP (and hopefully listen primarily to classical music!).

O.

No problem, I hope I made any sense. As you know, I find the clip+ a little narrow sounding but that might be different with the C4s. The best thing about this little player is its price. You don't like it? Just give it away!
If you're ever going into hisoundaudio players you should definitely be aware of the hiss of the player. I believe the new nova line has little hiss. But the rocoo p player has a lot of hiss, which can be bothersome in classical music. In very dynamic and fast heavy metal songs hiss is barely a problem, but in slower pieces I can definitely hear a hiss without outside noise.

I'm very curious about that comparison btw!

Apr 6, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #620 of 867
Running my C4s via Xonar ST / Clip+. In both cases I use an O2 amp to kill the static noise, makes the end result beautifully clear.

The O2 has the advantage of not colouring the sound at all, fantastic if all you are really using it for is as an adapter to remove noise and output a low resistance signal.

Apr 8, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #621 of 867
So DHL delivered my C4s... supposedly, and I apparently signed for it. Which never happened. I saw the DHL vehicle just as it was leaving, ran around my building to see if it was left somewhere, and to no avail. The tracking updated with "Delivered- Signed for by *****". Gonna go look around again, this is horrifying.

Apr 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #622 of 867
Quote:
So DHL delivered my C4s... supposedly, and I apparently signed for it. Which never happened. I saw the DHL vehicle just as it was leaving, ran around my building to see if it was left somewhere, and to no avail. The tracking updated with "Delivered- Signed for by *****". Gonna go look around again, this is horrifying.

I know what you mean. I had one of those before. No one signed the package. I didn't think to check the back door because no one ever delivers it there (not in my experience). I lived in a two floor building with two units on each level. The delivery was at the back door and was there for a day or two. Think of places you could have in your place that might seem a viable place for them to **** up and place it there. It said signed for on mine as well, but yeah...no one did. But if it was definitely signed, then see if you can ask around etc. Call DHL immediately as well once you are sure too, so they can call the driver who ****** up (perhaps).

Apr 8, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #623 of 867
Ran outside, looked at the front and back doors, the porch, mailboxes, etc. It was said to have been delivered 30~ minutes ago. I called DHL, and they said they'd get back to me, and it's possible the driver left it somewhere inconspicuous or just marked it as delivered when it wasn't. I'm more worried about being delivered to the wrong place.

EDIT: Jeebus. My dad just showed up with the package, he received the package from the delivery driver as he was leaving AND DIDNT FEEL TO TELL ME.

Apr 8, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #626 of 867
Sound-wise, I like them. Davie Bowie sounds very good, Taylor Swift not so much (though that's probably not a fault with the headphones....). Fit... I don't know.  The left ear piece loosens easily in the upper half, if I slightly tug on the cable protruding from it. Both ears have different sensitivity and size, so it's difficult to tell if it's a fit issue or just how my ears are designed.

EDIT: When the left piece is in my ear, I can move it up and down, and there's noticeable play. I wonder if the earpiece is too small overall.

Apr 8, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #627 of 867
I just got mine also (like 10 mins ago). Using a i9300 Galaxy S3 --> UHA-6S MKII --> C4. Fit is good as far as I can tell. I can't even hear any typing sounds. I was using a RE262 before this and the C4 definitely seals a lot better.

I like it. Will add adjectives later, I'm at work. =)

Apr 8, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #628 of 867
It's night here. Listening to my C4s out of my Macbook pro MD322 using Amarra, the sound is much better compared to my IPhone 5 but there is a little hiss in the background. From my experience, the C4s are quite picky with sources and amps. I haved tried several sources and amps but i still prefer my IPhone 5 and Macbook. A song that i'm listening 
beyersmile.png
 :

Apr 8, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #629 of 867
DHL called back, I apologized, CSR was in a hurry to hang up seeing as sounded like a lunatic.

The left ear piece seems too small overall. Can't say for sure, I've shot David an e-mail, and am considering calling my audiologist to see if the fit is correct. I'd need new impressions anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back