Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
Jan 17, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #77 of 867
Yes, same with my impressions. I was worried first but they were picked up the next day. I sent them on December 1st and they took almost a week to arrive (from Germany). But I haven't heard anything since from David.
Hope they'll be ready soon.

Jan 17, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #78 of 867
Well, another day another "Shipment on hold" from DHL.  I've emailed David asking if he's received the impressions but haven't heard back yet.

I wish I had known about this before spending the $40 for DHL shipping, it seems like a waste of money.

Jan 17, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #79 of 867
Quote:
Well, another day another "Shipment on hold" from DHL.  I've emailed David asking if he's received the impressions but haven't heard back yet.

I wish I had known about this before spending the $40 for DHL shipping, it seems like a waste of money.

I paid for DHL via Frogbeats but I ended up using EMS service from my local office instead since I had some problems with generating the shipping invoices for DHL as well as getting their specific shipping boxes.

Am still waiting for Frogbeats to refund me the DHL fees. EMS service had cost me USD50 though...

Jan 17, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #80 of 867
Shipping back the C4s for a quick fix myself. <:

Since a new impression had to be made... am currently debating whether or not I should pick up a C5 to compare... 
wink.gif

And I absolutely have to plug my audiologist in Flower Mound for being an incredible person. She did a fantastic job checking for possible problems, and didn't charge me a cent for the impression!

Copy&pasted from the thread:

[size=14.08450698852539px]  [/size]

[size=14.08450698852539px] Sending the C4 back to Frogbeats for a minor fix. Listening to a new album that pans hard to both sides at different times during the song, it became apparent that the sound is slightly muffled in the left ear as opposed to the right. I had previously attributed this to a difference in my hearing levels of the left and right ear. This made me curious and I ran a few testing tests and compared my experience with full-sized headphones. Turns out my hearing is fine and about equal in both ears. It’s a minute thing and the C4s are still a joy to listen to, but it would nag at me in the back of my mind to no end if I didn’t strive for perfection. After talking it over with Frogbeats, I went back to the audiologist I previously was fitted at.[/size]

[size=14.08450698852539px] I was extremely surprised and delighted at the [size=14.08450698852539px]exceptional [/size]level of customer service I found there. The audiologist actually remembered me from last time (Frogbeats was a company she had never worked on impressions for) and was genuinely concerned about my satisfaction. I thought I’d go in and she’d make new impressions for me and that’d be the end of it, but no! She used a tool to listen to both ears individually to test for perceivable differences in sound levels, checked and swapped cable connectors to see if one side was faulty, and made sure the fit was secure and not faulty in any way.[/size]

[size=14.08450698852539px] The left side was the trouble spot, so she ended up making an impression of that ear first. It looks like we found the culprit! The angle of the cut and the vent locations look a bit off, so perhaps this is what is causing the slight difference in sound.[/size]

[size=14.08450698852539px] [size=14.08450698852539px]And after such incredible service, she refused to charge me anything, saying the only thanks I owed her was to report back to her on how my C4s sound after the reshell. I was just WOWed.[/size][/size]

[size=14.08450698852539px] I cannot recommend Rebecca enough! Here’s the website: [size=14.08450698852539px]http://www.aahttx.com/[/size][/size]

[size=14.08450698852539px] If you live near the Dallas area and are ever in need of an audiologist, I would look no further.[/size]

[size=14.08450698852539px] I also picked up the neat little audiologist tool from her at a very reasonable price. Thought it’d be neat to give both drivers an A/B test myself, and in this way it actually allows other people to listen to your CIEMs![/size]

[size=14.08450698852539px] P.S. She was quite impressed with the C4s. She commented that they sounded great, and actually asked me how much I paid for them. 
etysmile.gif
[/size]

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #81 of 867
There are a lot female audiologists out there, ay? 
smile.gif

And exactly what is this "neat little audiologist tool"?

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #82 of 867
and David said there were little cases for re-makes. I'm already betting mine will have a bad fit and am doubting the impressions I got made...

Jan 18, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #83 of 867
Got a prompt email response from Dave and he has picked up my impressions, meanwhile DHL tracker still shows the shipment as on hold. 
rolleyes.gif

Now the looong wait begins...

O.

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #84 of 867
My C4 was back yesterday. The fit now is perfect, very delighted about both the sound and the comfort. Another thing is that I have new cables for the C4 Diyed by my friend :

An early impression about the C4 with new cables:

Silver cable : The treble have a little more sparkle and brighter, the mid is a little thinner and more detailed, soundstage is a little bigger. No improvement on the bass.

Copper cable: The bass is a little more focus and impactful. The mid is just a little forward, which makes the vocal more engaging. The soundstage is the same but the imaging is better: the textures of the instruments and the layers of instruments are clearer. No improvement on the treble.

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #90 of 867
Anybody has any problem getting hold of David? The shipping tracker showed that my ear impression has reached him 5 days ago.

I sent him an email back then to ask for confirmation but heard nothing since then. I have just sent an email to him again. I would prefer a more responsive communication though since the making of a custom IEM is different from other typical purchase order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back