Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
Jan 21, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #91 of 867
Quote:
Anybody has any problem getting hold of David? The shipping tracker showed that my ear impression has reached him 5 days ago.

I sent him an email back then to ask for confirmation but heard nothing since then. I have just sent an email to him again. I would prefer a more responsive communication though since the making of a custom IEM is different from other typical purchase order.

Sometimes there's been a short delay but David has always responded to my emails.  With my order there was a discrepancy between what DHL tracker reported and the actual delivery but it was just a couple of days and it was the opposite of your situation.  I agree it would be nice to have better communication, especially considering the money involved.  However I did just get a prompt response to my inquiry and David said that currently build time is 5 weeks.

O.

Jan 21, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #92 of 867
I've been emailing him myself, and he's stated that he's been really busy finishing up the holiday orders. There's also a possibility of his account flagging an e-mail as spam, which occurred to my initial inquiry. Dave's been great overall though, with all the neurotic questions I keep asking him.

Jan 21, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #94 of 867
Quote:
In David we trust?

I can't see any reason not to trust David. His responses to email may not be absolutely ideal but it's not anywhere near a level that would cause concern.

My concern is the fit, and that is not a reflection on David or Frogbeats.  I've got 5+ weeks to worry about it; thinking maybe I should have waited until I could take a trip up to Sydney (300+ miles) and gone to an experienced audiologist rather the the local one with zero experience. Or maybe shouldn't have gotten a custom at all...

Oh well, it's going to be a long, uncomfortable wait.

O.

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #95 of 867
Quote:
...Dave's been great overall though, with all the neurotic questions I keep asking him.

Don't tell me you emailed him while addressing youself in 3rd person! 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 22, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #97 of 867
Quote:
Anybody has any problem getting hold of David? The shipping tracker showed that my ear impression has reached him 5 days ago.

I sent him an email back then to ask for confirmation but heard nothing since then. I have just sent an email to him again. I would prefer a more responsive communication though since the making of a custom IEM is different from other typical purchase order.

I had the same problem contacting him once when my emails were replied after about 1 week or more. It seems that he was very busy at that time and didn't check the inbox. However, you shouldn't be too worried. I am sure he will come back to you later :)

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #98 of 867
Just sent my ear impressions 1st Class mail, came about to about $6. Priority mail would've been $37... anyways, I hope the impressions were done proper. If not, I purchased them with the discount specifically so I could have money in case of fubbles. My audiologist is pretty cool, and will likely not me charge me (much or at all) for a redo.

Jan 28, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #100 of 867
There's usually a few days wait, but he gets back to you eventually.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #102 of 867
Im expecting pics and confirmation of completion for my C4s very soon. Probably this week or early next week. Ugh, almost there...soon ill be able to confirm if my impressions give a perfect fit. Praying that I won't have to go for a refit.

Jan 28, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #104 of 867
Quote:
Im expecting pics and confirmation of completion for my C4s very soon. Probably this week or early next week. Ugh, almost there...soon ill be able to confirm if my impressions give a perfect fit. Praying that I won't have to go for a refit.

May the luck of a thousand leprechauns be at your side!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back