Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
Feb 2, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #121 of 867
I mainly being using the c5's with a Cowon j3 out of interest I amped the output of a samsung s3 with a fiio E17 and that combination widens the soundstage by quite a large margin compared to the j3, now to find a dac/amp for the s3.

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #122 of 867
Thanks Fuzzy, can you tell us a bit more about the bass?
We've been told by Frogbeats' manager that the C5 is V-shaped (compared to the C4),but that's not what I understand when I read your impressions.

I know it is a little early but I am very curious the C4 and the 5, are you planning to review the C5?

Feb 3, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #123 of 867
Do you think getting expedited manufacturing gets you better email response times? :p

Feb 3, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #124 of 867
Quote:
Do you think getting expedited manufacturing gets you better email response times? :p

Don't think so. Speaking of which, it has been 10 days since I have last receive an email reply from him. I really wonder what is the turnover time at the moment.

Feb 3, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #125 of 867
Quote:
Don't think so. Speaking of which, it has been 10 days since I have last receive an email reply from him. I really wonder what is the turnover time at the moment.

I feel that it's every week? He replied that my C4s would be done this week on monday. I'm expecting some kind of reply this week for pics. 

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #128 of 867
Quote:
Lucky guy... I have to suck it up and wait. And wait.

Same here
frown.gif

Feb 4, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #129 of 867
Quote:
Thanks Fuzzy, can you tell us a bit more about the bass?
We've been told by Frogbeats' manager that the C5 is V-shaped (compared to the C4),but that's not what I understand when I read your impressions.

I know it is a little early but I am very curious the C4 and the 5, are you planning to review the C5?

To me they seem fairly neutral the extra bass kicks in with bass enhanced recordings eg. Bassment Jaxx, Bassnectar its very detailed but then the C5's are detailed across the frequencies, stuff like Hybrid Sound system which has the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra in the mix sounds fairly neutral in the bass department. David told me they were V shaped as well as I like both V shaped and Neutral I thought of my Triple.fi's but the mid's seem only slighty recessed, Ive been listening to shure 535's for the last year which some people say are slightly mid forward so judgement might be a bit clouded on that one. Soundstage with regards to instrument placing is beyond anything I own (hd650, triple.fi, shure 535), Stereo Imaging is crazy but if ever got to tiring (I havn't yet) then a little crossfeed would tame it down.

I was hoping Sopp might do a impression or comparison, these are my first customs, Sopp I believe has some 1964 ears V6's so a comparison would interesting. 
wink.gif

Feb 4, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #130 of 867
How long does DHL usually take to get impressions to frogbeats? They've had my impressions for close to a week now (from singapore) and the status has gone to "on hold" in their Glasgow service area.

Is this normal or should I try to contact them about it?

Feb 4, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #131 of 867
Quote:
How long does DHL usually take to get impressions to frogbeats? They've had my impressions for close to a week now (from singapore) and the status has gone to "on hold" in their Glasgow service area.

Is this normal or should I try to contact them about it?

Hmm, mine got there via DHL in 4 days or less. Maybe they had custom issues? You should definitely contact, but you should also expect a long response time. They're busy with holiday sales so everything is slowing down.

Feb 4, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #132 of 867
Here is a rough comparison about Frogbeats C5 and 1964-V6.

Overall, C5 and V6 have quite different sound signatures.

Low: I would say V6 has more bass quantity than C5.

Mid: V6 does a good job in this area and I do like mid to be forward/enhanced. I think C5 is very clear but not that thick/weighted for vocal. Sorry, not able to express very well.

High: C5 reminds me the treble I heard with F111 or Flat-Sui and even better. V6 is not sparkling comparing to C5.

Feb 4, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #133 of 867
Here is a rough comparison about Frogbeats C5 and 1964-V6.

Overall, C5 and V6 have quite different sound signatures.

Low: I would say V6 has more bass quantity than C5.

Mid: 
V6 does a good job in this area and I do like mid to be forward/enhanced. I think C5 is very clear but not that thick/weighted for vocal. Sorry, not able to express very well.

High: C5 reminds me the treble I heard with F111 or Flat-Sui and even better. V6 is not sparkling comparing to C5.

How do they compare in terms of soundstaging?

Feb 5, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #134 of 867
YESSS... My CIEMs are being made atm. Hallelujah/Praise the Lawd! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back