Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
May 25, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #796 of 867
Quote:
Anyone know what's going on with their customs page? It seems like the entire page is gone. 

It's been around 6 weeks since they've received my monitors for refit, so I hope I get them soon.

but then again, I'm playing the waiting game again, since they aren't that responsive even after that public apology. (1 week since my email)

The page is still there. I just went in.

May 27, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #799 of 867
So I went ahead a bought a 26awg SPC cable from Ted at HPL and I have to say its pretty good with the C4's yo. Lol it took me a week to figure out I had the pins fitted backwards. :p

The vocals seem "bigger" (correct term?), the bass seems a slightly less forwards, and the treble picks up about 1-2dB (maybe even 3) compared to the stock cable.

May 27, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #800 of 867
Quote:

I did not get that error and I can accessed the link you posted well.

Hmm turns out that chrome doesn't work for it. I tried FireFox and it worked
Quote:
So I went ahead a bought a 26awg SPC cable from Ted at HPL and I have to say its pretty good with the C4's yo. Lol it took me a week to figure out I had the pins fitted backwards. :p

The vocals seem "bigger" (correct term?), the bass seems a slightly less forwards, and the treble picks up about 1-2dB (maybe even 3) compared to the stock cable.

How big of a difference did it make compared to the stock? Shelling out $90 on a cable is still pricy for me.

May 28, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #801 of 867
Quote:

I've got one of these cables too. Just waiting to get my C4's back from't shop (I sent David some comments about the poor and totally not neutral sound I was getting and he had his enginners retest them). If the cable works as you describe I will be a happy camper indeed.

So what orientation is correct for the pins? Is it dot up top or at bottom? Ta.

May 28, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #802 of 867
so new owners of the C4, how do you like your CIEM? :D this thread been quite dead in the last four weeks :< 

May 29, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #803 of 867
Quote:
How big of a difference did it make compared to the stock? Shelling out $90 on a cable is still pricy for me.

I felt that there was a noticeable difference. I'm not trying to play it up, but *once again* the vocals seem more effortless, "bigger" (if that's the correct term) and there seemed to be more space between sounds that are panned left and right. Plus, the slight bump to the treble that I mentioned previously. Well, thats how it sounds to my ears anyhow.

Is it worth $90?... maybe. I'd say definitely yes for $60 or less tho. But try for a used one off the used forums if wanna play it safe, you could prolly get one for $60 if not $50.

Quote:
I've got one of these cables too. Just waiting to get my C4's back from't shop (I sent David some comments about the poor and totally not neutral sound I was getting and he had his enginners retest them). If the cable works as you describe I will be a happy camper indeed.

So what orientation is correct for the pins? Is it dot up top or at bottom? Ta.

I put the dot facing up at first, but then I reached out to Ted because I was feeling underwhelmed and he said he set the dots facing down. So yeah... it makes a difference - the orientation that is.

Jun 11, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #805 of 867
so how are you enjoying the C4 people, any updates? :D got to love their rush order service :3 

Jun 11, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #806 of 867
I'm still upset that the "refit" they did didn't solve anything. (I don't feel any change, but David should be looking in on what happened during production). Wasted a good 8 weeks. No money wasted, just time.

Jun 11, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #807 of 867
Is Frogbeats still being slow about their responses? 
confused_face_2.gif

Jun 11, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #808 of 867
Currently have a Toxic Cables Silver Poison on loan to pair with the C4s. Really digging it and am strongly considering purchasing a pair.

Jun 12, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #809 of 867
Silver cable definitely works; I have the silver ray and there is noticeable extra brilliance up top and more presence in vocals (= more upper mids). Soundstage is less concave, too.

Unfortunately, the bass, which was already pretty fast (the one aspect a silver cable can improve), still has a mahousive hump in 100-200Hz range, bleeding all over the frigging place. Fiio X3 with 100Hz bass cut looks pretty attractive to this C4 owner...

Jun 12, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #810 of 867
Quote:
Silver cable definitely works; I have the silver ray and there is noticeable extra brilliance up top and more presence in vocals (= more upper mids). Soundstage is less concave, too.

Unfortunately, the bass, which was already pretty fast (the one aspect a silver cable can improve), still has a mahousive hump in 100-200Hz range, bleeding all over the frigging place. Fiio X3 with 100Hz bass cut looks pretty attractive to this C4 owner...

Anyone know how hybrid copper silver cables work?

Oh and does a 100 ohm resister do much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back