Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
Mar 18, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #391 of 867

That's great uelover!

BTW,  also got an email that my C4s are completed,  should be shipped later this week. David even attached a pic. 
smile.gif

I had to laugh when the email arrived an hour +/- 2 minutes after I had ordered the UIEM.  I considered cancelling the UIEM order but decided to keep it.  I have a bit of concern about fit as the audiologist (the only one within 100's of k)  didn't even know what IEMs were.  Now if they don't fit I can deal with it and still be listening to music.

Also I am looking forward to having quality IEMs to compare the C4s to.  The UEIM is very highly thought of and has very different design philosophy and technology so it'll be interesting. 

Having IEMs for comparison and backup is well worth the cost to me even if I end up selling the UEIMs.

Grtaz!! i was reading your post for while now, glad that you didn't go and cancel last week.

Although that my Miracle will be done after 2 weeks and a half i wana pull the gun on C4 or C5, what is the difference between both? what is the best CIEM after miracle? these or?

Mar 18, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #393 of 867
Quote:
 That's great uelover!

BTW,  also got an email that my C4s are completed,  should be shipped later this week. David even attached a pic.
smile.gif

I had to laugh when the email arrived an hour +/- 2 minutes after I had ordered the UIEM.  I considered cancelling the UIEM order but decided to keep it.  I have a bit of concern about fit as the audiologist (the only one within 100's of k)  didn't even know what IEMs were.  Now if they don't fit I can deal with it and still be listening to music.

Also I am looking forward to having quality IEMs to compare the C4s to.  The UEIM is very highly thought of and has very different design philosophy and technology so it'll be interesting. 

Having IEMs for comparison and backup is well worth the cost to me even if I end up selling the UEIMs.

You must've used on outdated audiologist. Isn't that like a big part of her profession? How can you be an audiologist, but know nothing about audio? Pun intended.

And this has been killing me, what exactly is the UEIM? Do you mean the ultimate ears of logitech? If so, which one of them did you order?

Mar 18, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #394 of 867
Quote:
You must've used on outdated audiologist. Isn't that like a big part of her profession? How can you be an audiologist, but know nothing about audio? Pun intended.

And this has been killing me, what exactly is the UEIM? Do you mean the ultimate ears of logitech? If so, which one of them did you order?

He knows hearing aids, but as I said never even heard of CIEMs. When I called him he didn't even know what to charge for impressions. He had to check with someone about it and call me back. He is the only one available, I'd have to go 600k to Sydney to find someone with experience with CIEMs.

No, not Ultimate Ears by Logitech. I'll give out the UIEM after I've done the comparison. I'm sure there will be opinions about it, and the comparison to the C4.  I don't have any experience with high-end IEMs so just want to form my own opinions. I've read enough about both, to me their relative merits are what matters.  Hopefully one (or both) will provide the kind of engaging experience I used to get with my Stax headphones.

Mar 18, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #395 of 867
Quote:

He knows hearing aids, but as I said never even heard of CEIMs. When I called him he didn't even know what to charge for impressions. He had to check with someone about it and call me back. He is the only one available, I'd have to go 600k to Sydney to find someone with experience with CIEMs.

No, not Ultimate Ears by Logitech. I'll give out the UIEM after I've done the comparison. I'm sure there will be opinions about it, and the comparison to the C4.  I don't have any experience with high-end IEMs so just want to form my own opinions. I've read enough about both, to me their relative merits are what matters.  Hopefully one (or both) will provide the kind of engaging experience I used to get with my Stax headphones.

Aah a typo, ok now I understand :wink: You're trying to keep it to yourself, before you'll be flooded with expectation bias. 

What kind of stax headphones did you use, and why aren't you using them anymore? :frowning2:

Mar 18, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #396 of 867
guys can you tell me why you went to c4,c5 although that there is other high-end bands? so i be able to decide if i should get one or not.

Mar 18, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #397 of 867
Quote:
Aah a typo, ok now I understand :wink: You're trying to keep it to yourself, before you'll be flooded with expectation bias.

Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What kind of stax headphones did you use, and why aren't you using them anymore? :frowning2:

It's been a while, I believe they were SR-303's. I drove them with a Marantz CD-94 player & CDA-94 dac, gorgeous sound.  Very high-end gear in its day, still highly thought of.  The player developed problems with the cd tray mechanism.  No one available in the area to repair it and I didn't have money to get a high quality replacement. 

Sold the dac, still have the player, am planning to put it up for sale cheap sometime.  It's really heavy, something like 22 kilos, so shipping will be quite expensive.

Mar 18, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #398 of 867
Quote:
 That's great uelover!

BTW, also got an email that my C4s are completed,  should be shipped later this week. David even attached a pic.
smile.gif

Awesome guys! I hope they arrive safely! Plus, they had better fit lol. I fear a firestorm if one you guys have to send them back for a refitting. >.<

I guess that makes me the last of us three to receive the C4's haha.

Mar 18, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #399 of 867
Quote:

It's been a while, I believe they were SR-303's. I drove them with a Marantz CD-94 player & CDA-94 dac, gorgeous sound.  Very high-end gear in its day, still highly thought of.  The player developed problems with the cd tray mechanism.  No one available in the area to repair it and I didn't have money to get a high quality replacement. 

Sold the dac, still have the player, am planning to put it up for sale cheap sometime.  It's really heavy, something like 22 kilos, so shipping will be quite expensive.

22 kg, yeah that won't go oversees cheap. But you could always use the stax's with another setup right?

Mar 18, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #401 of 867
Quote:
Awesome guys! I hope they arrive safely! Plus, they had better fit lol. I fear a firestorm if one you guys have to send them back for a refitting. >.<

I guess that makes me the last of us three to receive the C4's haha.

Thanks itshot.  No firestorm from me, I've planned for the eventuality.  There's no way I can know if a fitting problem would be Frogbeats or the audiologist. I'd guess the latter.

If the C4s don't fit I would most probably sell them rather than do a refit.  As mentioned earlier in this thread,  I don't have ready access to an experienced audiologist where I live on far south coast NSW. Making a 600k trip up to Sydney for a recommended audiologist, hotel stay, audiologist fee, shipping cost, another 10 or so week wait, etc. just doesn't sound like an attractive proposition to me.  The possibility of mis-fit is one of the reasons I went ahead with the UIEMs.  The C4s would have to be a dramatically better experience before I'd take on a refit.

Just the notice that the UIEMs have been shipped, with the 3-5 day transit time should have them within the week.  Another week or two after that will hopefully have the C4s. Meanwhile I'm sitting here patiently burning a bunch of CDs to flac.

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #404 of 867
Quote:
Well in theory my C4 should be done this week and get to me next week.

This thing better be the most epic 'phones my ears will ever hear.

My first thought: What is this?! That was quick mate! XD

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #405 of 867
Yea, I have great patience for everything except getting my toys. Had to go for the rush order option or there won't be enough tables around for me to flip.

He promised that it'll be done by the end of the month so let's see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back